How to get government work?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I am thinking about marketing to some government offices around here: license branches, IRS office, things of that nature where the facility is too small to require a full-time maintenance crew.

Anyone got tips on who to talk to or how the process works to get work from these places?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Your state & the federal government will have separate will have different sites to visit. For federal contraacts, you'll need to det a Dunns # & register with the CCR (Central Contractors Registry). It take a good bit of time & the jobs go for a low PSF price but they are HUGE contracts. Check out www.fedbizops.gov ... Installers have way more opportunuties than cleaners.

Chris A

Name
Chris
what about State and Local. I have a couple local buildings I clean, but just because I know people there. How does one try to attain a new prospect?

KOOSER55

I live in maryland and went on www.maryland.gov or something simular to that, if you type in state of _____. what ever state you live in , in the a search engine the government website will come up. Then find someones email link and email them i think i emailed like 10 people and they sent me to the correct site now i get daily updates when i jobs up for bid. I havent noticed any for cleaning yet but its only been like a month or so.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Just about any kind of work on state or federal levels will be bidded on and your mailings will not have anything to do with it.

Local stuff depends on each city or town and how they handle that kind of work. Around here everything is published in the paper and you must go bid on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom