How to go from a RotoVac 360i to an XL without losing your shirt.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I bought the 360i last summer and surprise, now want the XL. Does Rotovac have some kind of trade in special or is there someone who has an XL that would prefer the 360i and would consider a trade? I'd consider the Hoss as well and would expect to put a little $ with my 360i to make it fair.

Has anyone strayed from the handy 360i and regretted it?

Just trying to be wise, it's going to be a busy Summer.

Thanks!

The Clean Machine

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I'd like to add the XL to my arsenal.

With the 360i being a smaller tool, it is Extremely handy in alot of cases n spaces : )

Drag em both off the truck an Bam instant winner with Big Brother Lil Brother syndrome : )

Mike Draper

Ive beeen using the HOSS now for a year. Prior i had the RV.360i. No regrets, built like a tank and no breakdowns on it or tweaks need done to it imo.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Don't get the 12 inch head fur the 360i.

Not aggressive enough and can bog the motor.

Mike, do you mean the bigger 15" head? I think the standard head is 12". I think you have both, the XL and the HOSS. Which do you prefer? Is one significantly lighter or easier to carry up stairs?

I think your right about not getting the bigger head. I want a bigger head AND bigger motor. The 360i cleans great and is super handy but it slows me down considerably. I use it in most resi living/dining/high traffic halls. It cleans awesome and custy's love it. It has been a big part of us raising prices considerably over the last year!

I really wish I could take a bigger RE out for a week to see how much time it REALLY saves me. I may find that the handy 360i is the ticket. I really wish there was a distributor closer than 2.5 hours from me...This board is the best thing I got to being able to get my hands on everything before I buy.

The Clean Machine

Mikey P

Administrator
correct, dont get the 15 inch head option for the i.

The HOSS and the XL are so very close in all aspects but if I had to pick one it would be the HOSS. Safer around seems and edges, less likely to streak and SS is a better company to deal with.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I've tried the 360i. Compared to a Hoss or RX20 it was way slower. The light weight of the machine is what attracted me to almost trade it but it was this weight that makes cleaning inferior to the others IMO. I tried the new 15" rv in MF10. The extra 3" and weight make it significantly faster.

Polished concrete floors

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
A less expensive up grade would be to get the newer quad head for the 360i, it will clean a little better and faster .

Not real sure that'll float his boat. Me thinks he want a bigger toy : )

Sent from da bak seat of a Purple Caddy where the roadkill is real : )

Reactions: Russ T.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I don't have a whole lot of time on my 360xl yet as I just got it but here's what I am finding, yes the xl is a little faster, I have yet to determine if it cleans any better but there has been a few instances where I chose to use the crb and wand combo where I would normally use the 360i because the xl was to big to maneuver in smaller rooms or the seams where questionable where with the 360i I could dial back the speed and really take my time I wasn't getting near it with the xl. Will report back as I put more time on the xl.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Christ Kid slow down on the fooken toyz. U have enough weapons. Don't try keeping up with Mikey you realize he gets all his shit fo free plus he uses money from this board to pay for his aero tech.

Waldo

Reactions: hogjowl

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I do have a lot of tools, aka toys :) I'm always looking for something that will enable me to perform my craft a little bit better. My problem is I don't have enough room to have them all on board at the same time.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Mikey makes alot of sacrifices!

Awe hell : )

Sent from da bak seat of a Purple Caddy where the roadkill is real : )

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Christ Kid slow down on the fooken toyz. U have enough weapons. Don't try keeping up with Mikey you realize he gets all his shit fo free plus he uses money from this board to pay for his aero tech.

Waldo

I'm into what I do, not trying to keep up with Mike. I'm sure he has a lot of opportunities that I don't to acquire equipment.

Some of my new tools have helped me increase my income significantly in the past year. Really, the only big things I bought last year were a 14" wand with 2" tube (Westpak...Mikey likes Prochem), RotoVac 360i (Mike likes the XL and Hoss) and Cimex (my boy Mike spoke highly of them along with other guys I respect), oh and I bought a Devastator too.

The truth is if you don't spend some of your $ coming in on your biz, you will get killed on your taxes. Get comfortable spending $ to improve the operation and look of your company.

The Clean Machine

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Toys and handy gadgets: nothing wrong with having anything you think you need .. if it makes your job easier, then having it was well worth it .. if it wasn't what you thought it was, then sell it ..

I bought an SX7 cause I thought it was cool .. I've used it a couple of times and now it collects dust ..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I bought the 360i last summer and surprise, now want the XL. Does Rotovac have some kind of trade in special or is there someone who has an XL that would prefer the 360i and would consider a trade? I'd consider the Hoss as well and would expect to put a little $ with my 360i to make it fair.

Has anyone strayed from the handy 360i and regretted it?

Just trying to be wise, it's going to be a busy Summer.

Thanks!

The Clean Machine
Russ to trade for a hoss it will be your machine and a lot of money not a little. The XL is less then thr hoss. Not going to get Into which is better you have to decide but I take trade ins. I dont remember but I don't think you bought it from me or did you? Either way call Monday and we can get you hooked up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom