How to pay for a helper when you don't have 2-3 jobs a day?

John Alzubi

Those of you who are not really busy or new in this business, how do you pay your helper when you don't have 2 or 3 jobs a day?. any ideas

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Re: ?????????

When I started out, I made a work day for my helper and me. We would pass out fliers for a couple hours, do whatever jobs I had, and would do work on my house or a rental property I bought. You can do a lot with a paid laborer because you are compelled to keep working and not slack off during the day.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I got rid of my helper when I got my first truck mount in 87. The machine made me far more efficient, plus you keep all the money.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This is the reason you pay commision only. If there is no work, no one gets paid.
Simple as that.

Having a helper encourages you to get more work so it is a good idea to have one if you plan on building your business.

If you are happy where you are at, then so be it.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I preferred working alone myself, but if I needed help on a heavy day or a particular job I usually hired one of my teenage kids or their friends.

......which always served to remind me how much more I enjoyed working alone!

Take care,
Lisa

If you know any other cleaners friends in the area you could share a technician with another company. I have a good friend thats in the business here locally and we share guys. It works out well and then I'm not the only one that he is dependent on for money and a job. (New business)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sticky said:
If you know any other cleaners friends in the area you could share a technician with another company. I have a good friend thats in the business here locally and we share guys. It works out well and then I'm not the only one that he is dependent on for money and a job. (New business)

That sounded so wrong the first time I read it.
:?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom