HOW TO REMOVE VINYL WALLPAEP GLUE ??

T

The Magician

I am removing old vinyl wallpaper. The wallpaper came off spraying vinegar and hot water.The problem is trtying to remove the old glue on the walls. Used Dif glue remover,Good gone, ammonia. Uph presray. The only thing that works is scrubbing bubbles with stiff brushes. Lots of work. Took hours to remove. Any suggestions on making the job easier? Thanks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Magician said:
Any suggestions on making the job easier? Thanks

there ain't no "easy" way I'm aware of, Jimmy
I've found a steamer works better than Dif

I have a couple wall paper steamers if you want to borrow one

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Magician said:
Thanks Larry, I have a steamer and will try it.

hold the steamer hood on the the wall 15-20 seconds (or more0 , scrape with 6" drywall knife , then wipe with a wet microfiber towel.
five gal bucket with warm water to rinse the towel

I'm ASSuming this is heavy commercial vinyl with brush/roll applied glue, right?

cause the pre-glued vinyl paper is generally easy

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I had a wallpaper guy remove wallpaper for me last time I needed some removed.

He used a product called "Chomp" and was pulling it off in sheets. I don't think the big box stores sell it, but Ace Hardware here carries it.

Good stuff, first retail product I've seen that actually works like they say it will.

T

The Magician

Larry the wallpaper came of easy its the glue on the wall it left on. i believe it was pre glued.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
wp_r2u.png

Q. I’ve removed the backing but there is still glue on the walls – how do I remove it?

A. WP CHOMP will also remove excess glue. Simply re-spray and wet thoroughly any remaining glue. Wait a few minutes and then remove by either scraping with a putty knife or scrubbing with a damp sponge or green scrubbing pad (the kind you use on your pots and pans). After all the glue is removed, rinse the walls clean with a light spray and wipe or wipe down with clean water and sponge.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom