How to take out yellow glue from travertine

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Apparently they had glue down carpet on top of the travertine. We would be doing some type of refinishing with diamond abrasives but I'd rather deal with the glue before hand. It's probably in about 100 square feet of a total area of 700 sft.

What should I use to loosen it then turbo?

thanks,
Albert

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
They sell a product made for removing adhesive at big box and flooring supply stores, might as well start with that.
Be sure to do a test areas BEFORE you quote a price for the job. Sounds like a great job to lose money one if you go in blind.

Jamesh921

Name
James
check with any of the latex glue manufacturers. Glue-down carpet us "usually" installed using latex glue. Even if you don't know who the glue mfg is, they all have product recommendations to remove their adhesives.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I did a glue removal on a vct job and let me tell you, you are much better off if you can get away with grinding/sanding it off. The resultant slurry from chemically dissolving it will be a gelatinous snot like substance that no man should have to handle.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ron Lippold said:
stay away from soy strippers they will make the areas darker. Maybe some accetone or somthing simular.

so the franmar stuff wouldnt work???

bummer cuz that shit is goooooooood

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
We got this done a few days ago. Used the Henry's glue remover at HD. Agitated with a black pad and some honing powder which took most of it off the tile. Some of the grout lines however still had some. I blasted with a single jet tile tool which took most of it off. Some hand work was required with a razor blade. Lastly, the floor was honed with an 800 grit Cobb pad for the final finish. I'm glad it was not everywhere otherwise it would have taken much longer then I had quoted for.

thanks for all the advice,
Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom