How to transport heavy machines

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I'm looking into a grinder that weighs a little over 400lbs. What options are there to transport this thing?. Will an 8' ramp be sufficient?. I have an extendend Savana van. I know that autoscrubbers and machines like Jon's new propane stripper are about the same weight?. Do I need a small trailer?

The head is 24" and is easily detached for transportation.

View attachment 1770

thanks,
Albert

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You live in California.

Hire a Mexican ...
:eekk: Hey!

I work with him and try to help him but there is just no PC in him. I like that! :biggrin:

On our air duct truck we installed an electric winch and use it to pull the vacuum collector up the ramp. Less wear & tear on the guys, all you have to do is steer it in. You could also go lift gate but that could be pricey, trailer with drop door would be easiest if you don't mind pulling a trailer. Our TES trailer is drop door and it makes it pretty slick to get in and out of with little incline.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Link manufacturing ramps is what we use for our autoscrubber, definitely need 2 people or a running start.
Bi-fold

2fa67f482133f1c934235b73c2a03954_L.jpg

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
My box truck had a tuck away lift gate. Hardest thing I ever put in the back of my truck was my quad because it was wider than the lift gate. I had enough room in my truck that I put 3 quads in. Those were the days until the sonofabitch blew the motor back I'm August 2012.

Jimbo

Hey Albert...a small enclosed trailer would be nice for that polishing machine...with a fold down back door/ramp.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom