Shane

Jim martin said:
I f you don't have the salsa unit already on it then start there

If you do already have one then throw in the towel and get yourself a V or a AT

that's what I did.................. :D

Ditto!! :D

Rex Tyus

How much more heat?
I don't have a CDS, but I do have a PTO. I see a propane burner in my very near future. :twisted:

Rex

Greenie

the thought of adding a Salsa makes me look to a little giant really quick.

The real question is how hot are you getting right now, and what is the total flow rate of the jets on your wand?

c2csteam

I'm running around the 200 deg mark and would like to see a little more, how much more would a salsa do on the temp? I like to see that you guys are trying to help thanks alot

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
The guys in our area running a salsa are getting a constant 230 on the gage with normal carpet cleaning.

All of them that I know of except for one are running the Hydra Hoe for a wand. Prochem 4 jet is the other.

What type of CDS is it?

The model will make a difference.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
My CDS with the salsa would push 220 max at the gauge...........and that is about all she will give you....................

tim

My cds 4.8 has the salsa package on a ford 06 van. I get 230 at gauge on cold days and a little more on hot days. Hydramaster told me gmc runs a little colder than ford so I went with ford

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Amazing what people will tell you and how different things change

I was told that a ford could not handle the idling and over heat and that HM only recommended the Chevy or GMC ........

Matt King

For the Ford/Chevy van heat issue, Look at the front end. The Chevy and GMC's have an almost wide open grille. The Ford radiator is more concealed. It probably does run hotter... I'd put a post heater LP/Kero in there if you want 230 w/decent flow rates. That's asking alot from a limited btu heat system. I don't know if the Salsa unit heats a large volume of water to keep up? Maybe it does... Either way, the best bang for your buck is a 2 or 3HT Little Giant imo.

Greenie

I'll lay it out there...the Salsa is gonna run you some money!
And there is no such thing as free heat, you will have to run that blower hotter to achieve this. I'd like to see these machines with blower HX in 6 years, there is a cost to everything.

What good is 230º if your single jet is 5" off the carpet?

At higher flow rates you wold want some additional sustained heat at your dispose, LP post heat will be the way to go.

c2csteam

Greenie said:
And there is no such thing as free heat, you will have to run that blower hotter to achieve this. I'd like to see these machines with blower HX in 6 years, there is a cost to everything.

At higher flow rates you wold want some additional sustained heat at your dispose, LP post heat will be the way to go.

I'm not running a single jet wand

c2csteam

c2csteam said:
Greenie said:

I'm not running a single jet wand

HOW do you run your blower hotter?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom