How to use 2.5 inch hose?

Dan Mabesoone

How do you use 2.5 inch hose. Is it only a 50 ft length you use, or do you use 2.5 inch the whole length? If it is only 50 ft, is it first or last. Sorry to be so dumb.
Dan

TimP

As long as your plumbing from the blower is 2.5" or greater you can use it. Then you have to put a 2.5" port on your machine. Connect to the port on your TM. Then run as much as you like of 2.5 hose....then you can use 2" for a whip. Most guys run 50-100' of 2" but those who like super suction will run a 10' whip of 2".

If you ran 2.5 after the 2" you would be wasting your time as the 2" would restrict the 2.5 and would be the weakest link....same idea that if you have 2" plumbing off your blower that you wouldn't bother with 2.5" hose.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Actually, that's not true. At least not in my experience. Before I upgraded to 2.5 off the waste tank, I tried running a 2.5 section just to see. I saw a 1/2 mm mg drop in lift from just that. Note: my "2 inch" section of hose coming off the waste tank was reduced to a 1.5 section of pipe for me to hook up to with a 2 inch hose.

Now, I have all of that bypassed.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Although I hate to say it,

Marty is actually correct.

2.5 hose reduces the loss of lift from the TM to the wand.

Anywhere in the chain, it will reduce loss of lift and therfore increase CFM @ the wand.

It is best @ the TM and the amount required depends on number of wands and distance from the TM.

Larry

harryhides

Name
Tony
I'd suggest doing a search ( top right hand corner ) here in either the "clean Room" or the "high performance Room" using the search criteria of:

2.5 inch hose

You will get too many matches but if you just look up the threads with the most "views" and or "replies" listed down the left hand side you will find tons of info and pictures.

Greenie

I just try and tell guys....remember what most guys were doing with 2" off the truck and a 1.5" Whip hose to the wand....same deal, just kick everything UP a notch, and start using a manly 2" wand and it's all too clear.

The resistance to this, is the guys who don't bother getting some flexible 2" in the process.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
The resistance to this, is the guys who don't bother getting some flexible 2" in the process.

DON'T get me started.... :twisted:

Dan, our hose runs aren't particularly long.
It's rare we're over 125ft.
We have one 50ft section of 2.5" hose.
from there to wand is 2"

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I think that opening another 2" port in the side next to your current 2" would be easier. Then run both of those to a floor mounted Y the 2 2" to 2.5.

I think when you run the 2.5 off the tank you come of the top of your waste tank and that just seems like a pita when cleaning your tank or even your filter baskets. Waiting for my stuff now should be here monday or tuesday.

I bought 100' of 2.5 I kind of want to use a 25' section of 2" but dosen't that bring too much 2.5 into the house?

50' inside the house is usually enough to reach everything on my jobs.

Keith

The Preacher

so would running a 2"/2.5 off the tank to a Y at the back of the van where the hoses connect be beneficial??? i have a 2" port i plugged when i got my 2.5" upgrade.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I seldom need more than 100' total. The 50 foot mark gets to the front door sometimes
I was gonna try the 4 to the door thing and it seems like a pain in the ass.

I am gonna save my money and get all new 2.5 except for one 50' of 2"

Able 1

Name
Keith
I don't thin
Danny Strickland said:
so would running a 2"/2.5 off the tank to a Y at the back of the van where the hoses connect be beneficial??? i have a 2" port i plugged when i got my 2.5" upgrade.

I don't think it would because it would probably pool in one of the lines. If you opened the other 2" to a 2.5 that would probably make more sence but i would just leave your 2.5 of the tank. Just my opinion.

Keith

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've 3" off the tank, then 2.5" to a 50ft length of 2". I've got almost 250ft of 2.5 onboard. The new flex 2" is great. it doesn't collapse or kink like my old hose(the single wall stuff) and is very flexible and light.
I layout the 2" as far as it will go then pull in the 2.5.

R

R W

The last hose on my reel is 2"....50 foot. The next 100 feet is 2.5". Most runs are 100 foot, so I pull off the first 50 of 2", then the next 50 of 2.5'. If I need 150 foot of hose, I will use 2 - 2.5" hose and a 2" hose. If dual wanding, I will run 2 - 2.5's seperately, and 2" from there.

So there....

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm going to put them on the reel 2.5",2",2.5" all 50' footers.

Which side in the back of the van should the reel be mounted, opposit the waste tank?

Keith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom