How to write a flood restoration invoice

Jason

Hi Guys,

I do water damage, lol... er, Flood Restoration, and give them a bill, and always wondered how to write it up and what to charge. I know somebody who knows somebody with Exactimate, and the info percolates through at a rate unlikely to keep up with inflation!!

Does anybody want to show off a typical invoice just to show an example of what they look like?

Here is mine for my recent restoration, which was basically a hot water heat pipe that broke and ran into a bedroom, big closet, hall, and then through the floor into some carpet in the apartment below. I saved all the carpet and pulled the pad in these areas after water clawing.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm due to turn this in on Friday.

1. Emergency flood restoration. Category 1. Sunday 1/3. After hours emergency response. $250.
2. Standing water extraction with weight assisted tool. sq ft. x $.72
3. Disattach carpet in bedroom, closet. Saving carpet. $45.
4. Tear out pad in bedroom, closet, hall. Bag for removal. $ .35/ sq ft.
5. Disposal fee for bagged wet pad in legal dumpster. $40.
6. Application of EPA-approved mildewstat-virucide-bactericide-disinfectant as per label instructions. $ .35/sqft
7. Dehu L. (dri-eaz 1200) $75./day
8. 9--centrifugal turbo air movers. $29./day
9. 2--Monitoring (move fans, read meter, made adjustments) $35/ea.
10. Restoration carpet cleaning after installation of pad and carpet restretch. $.50/sqft.

Comes to about 2300. this way.

Do you have three day minimums when it comes to renting equipment? this flood was dry in 48 hours/2 days. Charge for two then... or three day minimum?

Thanks guys! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Reactions: Gregory S.

RIP IT

Name
Chris
Charge whatever it takes to remain cost effective ( you will get more repeat work this way ).
DO NOT give a bill for more than half the value of what you have restored.

Name
Ron lippold
come on water guys Jason is a good buddy of mine and needs a little help. I dont know shit about water damage. I sent him here. :shock:

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Jason

What are you basing your prices on right now?

You seem to be in the ballpark price wise. The way your itemizing doesn't seem to be a problem unless your running into problems with adjusters.

Jason

My current invoice is based on things I've learned at the Fiber Cleaning School in Michigan (Paul Lucas) . Paul doesn't have exactimate and has given me some of their terms. I have yet to see exactimate myself.

My email is surfoaxaca@hotmail.com

Thanks guys!

LeeCory

That's probably not a bad offer Steve G. I may even take you up on that one of these days. I just wrote up an invoice for a job I just finished using B.E.S.T 7.5 and I am at about $3800. I wonder what the job would be if done in Xactimate.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
LeeCory said:
That's probably not a bad offer Steve G. I may even take you up on that one of these days. I just wrote up an invoice for a job I just finished using B.E.S.T 7.5 and I am at about $3800. I wonder what the job would be if done in Xactimate.

if you want PM me the measurments and particulars for the hell of it I will run it and see if I can wring more money out of it, which is something I pride myself in being able to do.

lilann

Name
licia
invoice

pay me $50 bucks and I will write up one for you on xactimate, I bet I can more than pay for my fee, I can even include your company name and info on it.

hey steve i was wondering if you could do an invoice for me on xactimate ? i would gladly pay 50.00 buck for it thanks

Reactions: amygeorge

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
$50 bucks for an xactimate print out is a bargain! Raise your prices Steve! lol just kidding -

I got a buddy of mine that charges anywhere between 3-5% of the total mitigation/rebuild, 3% would be if is just doing the invoice and sending it over by email, and up to 5% if he needs to go to job site, take measurements, contact adjuster etc - He helps another co I know w/ this and is making bank since the co he works/partner's with is slow.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
$50 bucks for an xactimate print out is a bargain! Raise your prices Steve! lol just kidding -

I got a buddy of mine that charges anywhere between 3-5% of the total mitigation/rebuild, 3% would be if is just doing the invoice and sending it over by email, and up to 5% if he needs to go to job site, take measurements, contact adjuster etc - He helps another co I know w/ this and is making bank since the co he works/partner's with is slow.

That's what I did when I was doing private estimating/project management while storm chasing. Worked out well.

Since the board doesn't allow me to upload excel files.

Here are two things I made for WDR.

One is a spreadsheet to help build an estimate. Its not the fix for Xactimate, but it helps in a pinch.

The other is an equipment calculation spreadsheet to use as a basis when figuring out how much equipment you're going to need on a loss. Again not a perfect answer and meant to be used as a base to start from.

Equipment Calc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aoqp6etCuqbzdEVJd2U5RFJYeXZMdjg5S0c1a09OU0E
Estimate Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aoqp6etCuqbzdHNHVGJHdEloZkdSTmVfVi1uZmktYXc

If anyone would like them emailed copy of either. Email me stevenhoodlebrink at gmail dot com.

JoeClean

Hey Hoody,
Your estimate sheet doesn't show up. The equip calc does.

Thanks for sharing.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Whoops, would help if I shared it "Publically" instead of "only to me" thanks for letting me know.

kslb22

Name
Kathy
Restoration Invoice Please!

Askal

Re: How to write a flood restoration invoice
If you posted your email address I would send you mine.
Al

hey Askal,

Would you be able to send me a copy of your restoration invoice please?

kslb.22@hotmail.com

thanks,
K.

Last edited:
Name
yukarestoration
All the invoicing help you need...

Hi guys,

I do realize this is an old thread but thought I'd give you guys some helpful info.

Now, I do work for Net Claims Now, where we've helped thousands of restoration companies with their invoicing and getting more jobs. I'm here to help, not to "advertise". I've seen so many restorers not billing enough or not being able to fight for the what they should be paid on their jobs... that's why we're here to help with invoicing, collecting/negotiating and to give you more jobs in your area.

Email me if you have any questions at yuka@netclaimsnow.com or you can always call our office at 877.654.8668 (Canada: 407.293.8668).

Here's our website for more info: www.netclaimsnow.com

We also have a video to explain what we do: http://vimeo.com/88452378

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How are you billing the odd ball stuff that doesn't really fit Xactimate's price guide?

Like Sewage, Mold, biorecovery, environmental cleanup.

Amy had a rat infested basement she cleaned up last month. With the high potential for hantavirus the charges should reflect the risk.

What about commercial fires? At a certain point cubic feet gets out outrageous for deodorizing when dealing with large sq/ft?

Hello...Hello...is this thing on? :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: KevinL

Wliveandlove

Name
Wlivnlov
Need help with an invoice per xactimate for water remediation from water damage due to the Texas winter weather storm, if someone can reach out to me with making the invoice.

Name
Zach Hynes
pay me $50 bucks and I will write up one for you on xactimate, I bet I can more than pay for my fee, I can even include your company name and info on it.
Normally full construction smaller personal business, occasional water damage, attempting to write invoice for initial mediation and emergency plumbing. Upstate NY, -35° thermostat went down with major freeze. I'll definitely pay you for writing invoice with exactimate. Would appreciate it

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Normally full construction smaller personal business, occasional water damage, attempting to write invoice for initial mediation and emergency plumbing. Upstate NY, -35° thermostat went down with major freeze. I'll definitely pay you for writing invoice with exactimate. Would appreciate it
Reach out to Mitchell Estimating Service
202-780-6761
mitchellestimatingservices.com

I know him well and he's very affordable and valuable.

BigTuna

Name
Anthony Roberts
Hi, I found this page after my apartment got destroyed/flooded from the recent hurricane that hit the west coast of Florida. I own my own property management company so I had the crews, and tools and was able to do the work myself. Unfortunately, I did not have renters insurance and I lost everything in the storm surge so I am hoping I can recover enough from insurance in doing the job to replace everything I lost. The owner is one of my clients so I am handling all the insurance and remodel work. I was hoping to find information on making sure I charge for absolutely everything I can. I found a bill from Servpro back in 2019 where they had done the job during that hurricane but I assume the rates have changed since then. Back then they charged about $11,000 and everything was itemized on the bill so I assume I can use it for the most part. I was wanting to know if those of you who posted on here offering to help with estimates would mind if I reached out to you to take a look at mine and see if anything else I should or could add. I am sure I went above and beyond anything I would charge for because it is my personal home making sure anything wet is dry, all mold is removed, and everything is cleaned and treated we absolutely went ham on the place. So def not worried about underperforming here. It's a 1500-1600 sq ft apartment that ended up with almost a foot of water and sewage in it for almost 12 hours. All salt water on top of it so really nasty stuff.

I really appreciate any other help this really hurt. And seeing a lot of what can be made in this business I'm def considering taking on more of the work since I'm offered it a lot with landlords. Def going to look more into the business as a whole.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom