How was your Feb?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just checked the books and I tripled what I did last in year in Feb.
Not sure if I am bragging or encouraging but I am pretty happy about it.
I'm still not making money for myself. lol. I am putting most of it back into the company to grow even more.

How was your Feb?

Jose Smith

Lot's of uncommon rain here in Southern California so it kinda sucked. Fortunately, I had a couple huge jobs pull me through.

My van going down twice did not help much.

Jose Smith

Name
I'm Rick James
Kinda strange month here, jan was better than feb. But im busier than I thought I would be.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Gross Sales up 357%
No bottom line numbers yet, wife took most of the week off. Weeks 1,2,3 good 4 was slow but it snowed everyother day.
Also, note: This is comparing to our first Feb since being back in.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
February tripled January but that's not a testament to how great February was just how SLOW January was.

I'd have to go back and look but I think January was my worst month since my first couple of months in business.

Edit: I just checked, I officially started my business in April of 2007 and this past January was my worst month since starting. Hard to believe I did more my first month out of the gate.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Fred, did you at least make SOME money on those jobs? I couldn't just give away a job or jobs that I spent my hard earned money to get...but you know how I am.

Perception of quality is sometimes just as good as quality...to the customer anyway.
Back when I was learning to clean, my customers thought it was the most amazing job ever because of how I treated them. As I got better at cleaning, the reaction was still the same.

Go Figure.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Thank goodness it is March. Feb,2012 is over!

Sucked, to much snow

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Brian Robison said:
Fred, did you at least make SOME money on those jobs? I couldn't just give away a job or jobs that I spent my hard earned money to get...but you know how I am.

Perception of quality is sometimes just as good as quality...to the customer anyway.
Back when I was learning to clean, my customers thought it was the most amazing job ever because of how I treated them. As I got better at cleaning, the reaction was still the same.

Go Figure.
Or until the first damage happens because the corner guards or drop sheets weren't down. THEN they realize the value of it.
Or when you can show them the difference in the cleaning the next time you're in. A fast pull on the wand doesn't clean as good as a slower pull.
Sometime "Perception" is "Education"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
[quote="Brian Robison":auezgsde]Fred, did you at least make SOME money on those jobs? I couldn't just give away a job or jobs that I spent my hard earned money to get...but you know how I am.

Go Figure.
Or until the first damage happens because the corner guards or drop sheets weren't down. THEN they realize the value of it.
Or when you can show them the difference in the cleaning the next time you're in. A fast pull on the wand doesn't clean as good as a slower pull.
Sometime "Perception" is "Education"[/quote:auezgsde]

Corner guards and drop sheets are not part of the clean...it's part of the service. Maybe the difference in the cleaning next time but really...the carpet will look the same clean...it just might not stay looking clean as long as actual clean...sometimes...most times...the customer just doesn't know.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
[quote="Brian Robison":3gc5n7py]most times...the customer just doesn't know.
isn't that then up to us "professionals" that DO KNOW to perform the service ethically?[/quote:3gc5n7py]

Yes

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Lee Stockwell said:
How would those things be a matter of "ethics"?
you need to ask?

Lets see, a good analogy is the automotive repair industry. You stop in to have a new part put on, or a repair. They repair your vehicle using all parts from a scrap yard. Car works, and the customer isn't the wiser but paid for new parts.

Customer calls us to "clean the carpet", ie remove the soil. Cleaner comes in and removes enough so that it "looks" clean. It looks clean and the customer doesn't know any different.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I don't use corner guards...however I NEVER drag hoses around corners or when the complete hose isn't in my line of sight. Thus not a problem

Likewise I don't slop water or prespray on furniture or walls. I do always carry a white towel for stray drips.

Some of the rituals many promote come across as a bit anal in practice.

Thanks,
Lee :-)

ps. no shortcuts taken on the CLEANING thank you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom