How Was Your July?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have plenty of deer in this part of the country, while they are really cool to look at, but they are also very dangerous.

Just this spring one jumped out in front my nephews car and did $4,500.00 damage to it, a few years ago my brother hit one and it totaled his minivan.

He said he never saw the deer until after the air bag deflated.

While I don't hunt, I have plenty of friends that do, most them have freezers and the deer meat along with the other game they hunt is what they live off of throughout the year.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL Brian

Richard- when the deer got back to his fanily he told them he was crossing the road and this car jumped out and hit him.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My wife loves watching them in our front pasture grazing.

But when any visitor leaves our house the last thing we all say is "Watch out for the deer!"

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I have families of them in my complex and I'm near the city. Love to see them grazing and the young ones following their parents around.

Amazing

If I shoot a bear I will post a picture no question!

Open minded.. LOL

Again.. Follow me or you are an outcast.

Might as well ban me now!

Mikey P

Administrator
How about I come to YOUR house and take a big Cauliflower shit on your living room floor.

Would that be open minded enough for you asshole?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ewe that's be some nasty dump Mikey.

Don why wouldn't you respect Mike's wishes and views on this? It is his sandbox.

Ken

Ryan

Geez, Mikey you've posted pictures of tomato on here before. I'm guessing because you were proud of them.

I'm sure Becker feels the same way about his hunting photos.

Are you guys so arrogant that you think your outside nature? We're all animals we kill each other and eat each other. It is SUPPOSED to happen. If we were hunting humans or other sentient animals (if they existed) it would be different.

Edit: That being said, I'm not the type of guy that takes a rifle into a field and shoots an animal grazing at 400 yards. I respect hunters that actually hunt. I'm using a recurve bow this year with a maximum kill range of about 40 yards.

Ken Snow said:
I respect them too Curtis, just don't want to see them tied down on top of a truck and paraded through our parking lot on show. I am also a meat eater so I recognize my inconsistancy.

Harvested is such a benign term, almost sounds like picking berries. Being shot by an arrow or bullet can not be a pleasant experience.

Imagine a slaughter house when you eat that steak...imagine them killing that meat in warehouse setting freaking brutal...at least they got achance to run away in da woods...LOL Plus I joy eating hormone/ steroid free meat. shiteatinggrin

Mikey P

Administrator
Yeah the whole bear hunting thing really pisses me off.

We have a momma bear and cubs at our cabin this year. every year actually. Awesome sight to see.

If she gets to close to the fishermen ( to seal their stringers of fish) the lady who runs the lodges takes her super soaker to her, yells and stomps here feet and off Barney goes.

Howdy Doody would whip lout his 20 gauge and pound his chest like the Davey Crocket he thinks he is.

Mikey P said:
What kind of ******* idiot would kill a bear?

oh yeah...Boy Howdy.

I agree. I was a very avid hunter and never did get the fascination with killing such a beautiful animal in which you are not even going to eat the meat. It is a total waste.

Damn you bait the poor animal with sugar coated foods only to spear the animal when it thinks it is getting a treat.

Duchebags for sure.

Amazing

Lol. I will have to reread the tos page.

I give mike respect for his board. However Shawn posted pic of a pig he shot. Myself and others deer.

I did not offer to bring the bear to mikes house.

Not legal to shoot a bear with cubs.

All my hunting is within the law.

Amazing

Lol. Bait? Can't bait or use dogs in wa for bear hunting. Eat? I plan to. That's why I'm hunting the east side of state. Meat is good unlike west side bears that eat fish.

I only shoot what I eAt.

I enjoy the debate. Hunting is not for all

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Good for you Don, not all hunters are that way. I can respect it even if it is not for me and again it's Mike's place here and his rules just like every other bb has its "stuff" this one has Mike's. On this issue I'm glad he doesn't want that stuff posted.

Ryan

I agree. I was a very avid hunter and never did get the fascination with killing such a beautiful animal in which you are not even going to eat the meat. It is a total waste. Oh so let me get this strait if they were ugly animals it would be perfectly acceptable to kill them? Wow, talk about shallow.

Damn you bait the poor animal with sugar coated foods only to spear the animal when it thinks it is getting a treat.

Duchebags for sure.

Ok Mr.Fisherman why don't you show some moral consistency.

I don't know a hunter that doesn't eat his deer or at least skin & quarter it then give it to someone who needs the food. There are some single mothers around here who feed their kids a lot better when deer season is in.

Hunting is GREAT for the animal population as a whole.

Amazing

Besides. Hunting and fishing is huge for the economy in jobs revenue for government. I'm just doing my part.

Ryan calm down.

I totally get the argument that hunting is good because of revenues that go to protecting habitat etc. I get it ok.

I have slayed many deer and always ate the meat. I love to hunt when it makes sense.

This thread took a turn not because of killing hill rabbits, turkeys, deer etc, but bear. Who needs to kill a freakin bear?

For what?

Bass fishing = Catch and release

This is the same thing as someone killing a god damn elephant. WTF for? Yes you can hunt zebra too, but why would you want to kill such a beautiful animal?

No I personally believe hunting is good for all species and if hunting an animal means it will be protected and controlled then
I am all for it. I just don't get the fascination of killing an innocent animal. And for bear meat I hear it tastes like shit.

Carry on.

Ryan

I'm calm.. always am..

Killing a bear would be fun. Their smarter and more dangerous then deer.. I would love to take one from the ground with a bow. I've had good bear meat, you just need to know how to cook it. Besides people usually kill bear for the pelt not the meat. They are still utilizing part of it. Just like with deer nobody is going to kill a mom with cubs....

steve r

Brian R said:
Well...things are looking up. Carpet Cleaning company is doing really well. Network Home Services is doing better than expected.

I'm still up about 35% for the carpet cleaning company...If I focused on one thing it would probably be better. !gotcha!

How was your July?

you mean we are suppose to keep track?

Amazing

Vulgarity and abusive or violent cussing will not be tolerated.

A little excited Micheal?

I'd hate to see you blow a gasket, so if I get a bear I will post about it.. No pic only a link to see the pic.

Hunting is an interesting sport.

People can hunt like I do. Get deep into the wild and work for the game.. And eat and use the animal taken.

Or you can hunt farms. IMO a joke.. Shooting fenced in animals? WTF?

Or those that hunt animals with automatic feeders? Never saw that as hunting, or baits.

Hunting has been here forever, we has humans have been eatting meat, or not forever.

Many don't understand the ragulated sport of hunting, or don't have it in there blood.
I enjoy more wildlife than I shoot. I enjoy the outdoors year around.

I'm not looking to convert a non hunter into a hunter.

But it is what I do, I do it well, and I follow the law in doing so.

And I have to tell you.
Deer, Elk meat is the bomb!

Love wild duck!

I've raised my own beef and pork before.. For years.

I've eatten full on meals with foods either raised, grown or shot.

Growing up we had a dozen chickens for eggs, one beef and a couple of porks and a full on garden. And we added in tons of fish, deer, birds.

BTW, deer populations are higher today than 100 years ago.

Nature will balance it's self out.. Problem is we has humans are taking over the planet. So managed hunting is good for the health of the animals, including fish..

Hope I don't fall as I step off my soap box.

Could I be admin to the killing room?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Noidios said:
Crazy crazy busy. It's only my 3rd year, but I was at 250% of average and I took the first week off!
Good looking website Russ, wanna tell us what you did to gain your busn? There are a lot of guys that just started out and are struggling, and even the seasoned guys are willing to learn.
You might have to start a new thread. :roll:

Sorry to hijack your hunting thread guys 8) My brother-in-law was just showing me his rifles, one being an old mauser. Using exploding tip rounds, go in with a small hole, leave with a huge hole.He loves his crossbow too! Has the new blades which spring out on impact.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
on our ill-fated Pocano trip(thanks Larry)....we saw a BIG bear jump the Xway rail and stood up in the middle of the freeway.......it was by FAR the highlite of our trip...we slowed down to pass it...and make sure that no one hit it as she slowly crossed the road and disappeared into the woods....in the rearview mirror!
AWESOME CREATURE!

Ryan

Sorry to hijack your hunting thread guys 8) My brother-in-law was just showing me his rifles, one being an old mauser. Using exploding tip rounds, go in with a small hole, leave with a huge hole.He loves his crossbow too! Has the new blades which spring out on impact.

Hollow points or ballistic tips, and mechanical broad heads. !gotcha!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Ryan said:

Hollow points or ballistic tips, and mechanical broad heads. !gotcha!

Yeah, those. little purple tips and Klingon-like arrow head blades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom