how was your year

Cameron1

when compared to last? Was it the same, better, or worse?

And why?

What are you expecting for next year? Will you be buying equipment?

It's been a weird year for us.....up one month......down the next. Overall we will be a little ahead of last year, but mainly because of the Sept. floods. We are going to batten down the hatches going forward, and try to ride this thing out.

Allot of people that I talk to think 2010 is going to be a trying year with allot of companies (of all kinds) going under. Some have been hanging on, but won't be able to much longer.

What's your area looking like....has the stimulus reached you yet?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
This year was better than ever. Just worked my ass off. I'm also more prepared for winter. Although business has taken a crap for next week.

Name
I'm Rick James
when compared to last? Was it the same, better, or worse?

Only been doing it full time since june.

What are you expecting for next year? Will you be buying equipment?

I expect and going to bust my ass for the best year of my life. Yes i will be buying more equipment.

Allot of people that I talk to think 2010 is going to be a trying year with allot of companies (of all kinds) going under. Some have been hanging on, but won't be able to much longer.

Just like automotive we will always have carpets to clean. Its the ones that reach those customers and maintain a profitable business structure will have plenty of work.

What's your area looking like....has the stimulus reached you yet?

Stimulas? We are very lucky here, we have boeing, starbucks and microsoft. The Seattle area will be fine.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Up a bit which I think is ok since we are kind of starting new. Still a BDCC. maybe I'll live under the freeway and just be a BD. If I rob little old ladies I may even come out ahead. I'll prostetute myself to them first, if they say no then goes the purse. Nice warm meals will be served in jail,it's a win/win.

Not looking to replace anything major. Possibly something for hardwood floors if I decide to train for it next year.
Albert

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Usually when the tree goes up the calls stop. That hasn't happened yet. I have cleaned around 5 trees this week and keep thinking about when they pull up the tree and the blanket

Matt Murdock said:
Usually when the tree goes up the calls stop. That hasn't happened yet. I have cleaned around 5 trees this week and keep thinking about when they pull up the tree and the blanket

Offer to go back and do a touch up with a spotting machine for whatever you think is fair. They will likely ask for more work.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if there is an issue my customers they will call me. Good suggestion though but I do not have time to fit below minimum calls in.

Daniel one thing I do is when a custy has a bill headed towards $400 I give them the incentive to get it over 5 by telling them all residential customers with over 5 hundred in purchased get a free touch up from feb 15-april 1. It has worked

tim

We are up 60 percent and feel very fortunate! We are a small company that has cleaned carpets for 4 years so that is easy to do. Service Monster shows we have added 200 clients this year, with no advertising. That is 200 net after removing the move-outs etc...I hope next year is more of the same.

steampro

Name
Ryan
Up more than last year, about 10% with not really any marketing. Going to work up a business plan and do a lot more marketing next year, start a referral reward system, get website up and going, things like that. Im going to try out this Service Monster Ive read so much about. I like the idea of automated marketing to your current customers, since this is something Ive always failed to do.

Walt

I have a feeling that next year I might be singing a different tune.

15% over last year (gross income). This has been due in part to a couple of my competitors going out of business.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Looks like I will finish a pretty good bit ahead of last year. My schedule is pretty much maxed out unless I go to 6 days a week and 12 hours every day. There were a few callers this week I couldn't get to who needed it done right away. I'm getting too old for those hours.

As far as stimulus, only 14% has been spent and that is mostly government jobs. Most of it is scheduled to be spent right before the election.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom