How will I ever sleep tonight?

Mikey P

Administrator
I called John G tonight to tell him that I OP'd 3 out of the 4 jobs I did today.
To bad he didn't answer, the big dick would have gotten a kick out of that.

Two small commercials and one, gasp! Home....

Since I got this Defender from Clark I was afraid to run Cotton pads with it because of how harsh the driver was to the terry loops. The first time I used it the driver it really ripped up the pads something bad.

I've done a few jobs with the Synthetic Tuuways and have not been impressed to say the least.

I thought I would give it another go today on a tiny Dentist's office I do about 4 times a year. Very soiled from a black top drive way. I put down some Hot Knife and went over with the Tuuways and it didn't do much if anything, so I put on a Hog's Hair pad and "Pre Scrubbed" it first then used the Tuuways. Much better .

I know of more then a few Padders who would have excepted these results because Tuuways last a long time and dont bloom Pile carpets. I think this acceptance is called "Mastering the System".
It did look good, but to my spoiled eye the carpet still looked muddy.

So I said F it and decided to ruin a cotton pad to see if I could get this thing to look cleaner.

I put down a little more HN, sprayed some on the cotton and low and behold not only did the cottons come up dark brown and heavy but the dang carpet looked really good now.

The biggest surprise was when I took off the pad off the driver it did hook on and shred it up.

I guess the use I've given it and the accumulated lint has mellowed it out.

Sweet....

I used the cotton again on my Tax lady's office and again got great results and very brown pads. She and her secretary were watching with amazement. You have to admit, the sight of that pad jiggling all over the place is kinda funny to watch.

I was going to clean her small apartment next and she asked if I was going to use "that" machine there. I told her probably not. I expected it to be far worse according to her descriptions so I suggested HWE.
Turns out she only had about ten soda spots on a otherwise clean but pretty worn nylon builders grade pile so we went for it.
Other then some good blooming we created in one area next to a transition strip it came out great.
Now how some of you guys can post vacuum after OPing with out gooing up your vacuums is beyond me. OP leaves em wetter then Vortexing for sure. So I chose to use my pile brush/rake to gather up the lint and to set the pile.

Anyways.. I am excited to find more jobs like these to play with and Oh, Clark if you're reading this, cancel that order for synthetic pads and send some more cottons.

Thanks!

The Preacher

you just need to master the OP method young bean sprout.!!! sell yore V to Yaser and just go for it.

let us know when you purchase your 10k cotton pad!!! i think you get one free on that anniversary :shock:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the ez glide I got from John is easier on cotton pads then the conqueror machine is

my pads are a little on the warn side and some of them will actually slip out from underneath the machine when it is running

I have used the gladiator but haven't really been that impressed with them, a lot of the fuzz from them stuck to the pad driver of the ez glide

I cleaned some wool carpet with the gladiator pads and was told the carpet was still damp several hours later

Clark

I have the new pad drivers with the Velcro built in. I have not run one yet. I will be running them in Atlanta on Monday. We have 650K sq/ft of carpet in a building near the Airport. We also have the Southern Living building (1.2m sq/ft of carpet) where we will run the new pad drivers. I should know how they work by Wednesday.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Clark, I got a bill for the Tuuways but no pads, can you stop that shipment and send me a dozen more of those tan cottons?

Clark

Sorry. Just hold on to them. I will be coming your way soon. I will send a pad driver and glad pads.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I don't have a V/AT & HWE is drier then Gladpadding in my experience in your average residential nylon, carpets are still damp 2-3+ hours later, I suppose following up with a 100% cotton is going to be the answer but then I fear tip bloom...so I no longer claim faster drying verses TM HWE, vs a portable is a different story.

Ps I only Gladpad high rise buildings that don't have urine, blood, kids etc...

Clark

I have to train a cleaner for Circuit City and deliver 2 Rug Revolutions and 2 Rug Drying Towers.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Make sure you mail a check to Clark for that machine.

Its not like there are some people out there who bought a machine from him and didn't perform as advertised.

Clark

Damn Jimmy when was that 96 or 97? What is it, are you looking for another free machine? John G said you were happy with the last free machine I sent you. I know you haven't worn it out. I do know you're waring me out. And the towel machine does preform very well for what it is. The fact is that it is not a professional machine. Maids love the thing.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah Clark John delivered another machine (The Instigator).

He said it ran smooth.

I took it on a job one time and it vibrated so bad the fan that is in the motor came loose. I was running those tuway pads.

Its a jackhammer.

The thing is I spent $900 on a machine.
Money that could have fed my family for quite awhile.

I've kept quiet out of respect for John because he took the time to come here and deliver it.

And now here you are giving a FREEBIE to Mikey in hopes like all the other people sucking up to him so he will give you a glowing testimonial.

If I'm not mistaken Marty wasn't all too happy with his Instigator either.
He paid you $600 to modify it. He also paid for a machine that didn't work from the start either.

All I wanted was a machine that performed as advertised.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Clark:

Next time you deliver a rug washer out west, go by Jimmy's place and make his machine be like mine.

He'll love it.

PS Getting $600 out of him may not be easy, but may be he'll cough it up.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I just want something that works.

I don't feel I should have to pay $600 to fix my old machine.

Clark

You should have called. I would have help you anyway I can. But that is the problem. You never asked me for anything, not once. Send me the machine and I will fix it. Your paying the shipping both ways.

R

R W

I did some padding today....using Rickie's juice on a GLC hallway. I didn't want to drag hose up 6 floors to do 50 foot of hall. Came out alright, but HWE would have made it shine. I had a hell of a time since I lost my black glide. I tried using the holey glide, but no good. And without the pad, it was a bitch to move.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Now wait a minute. I have to pay $600 and jimmy gets his for free?

Just kidding, Clark. Just fix my boy up.

If he's not too cheap to ship it.

Clark

RW you don't need a glide with a Defender ever.

And Jimmy, when this conversion is done I don't want to ever hear about that damn Towel Machine again.

ron markam

Funny how cotton works better on some and tuways better on others.just did a cgd and the tuways wasn't hittin on nothin.Busted out the cotton and it took care of business.Weird how that works.I got some decent cotton from Jeff Brown run a high pro stripping pad between the cotton and pad driver.Sweet. Anywho that's my 2cents.Peace!!!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
YO vEEgs...

it's called the honey moon period

You'll soon grow tired of changing pads
AND washing them when you get home.

THEN...you'll learn to compromise and lower the standards a little by STRETCHING the pads further before changing them.
Then you'll start using the easier running synthetics and stretch them a COUNTRY MILE.
(or ONLY change them on a soiled area like in front of the nurses counter or entrance)

Finally, you'll determine that it's best used on jobs that are a complete PITA for TM set ups (or small jobs)

OR....you figure that a "muddy" appearance ain't all that bad as long as it's an "even over all" muddy appearance
:shock:

...L.T.A.

R

R W

Oh, yeah.....I got a few dozen pads full of holes......useless except for rags. And.....that PITA having to wash them. Man does my wife get pissed when I use the front loader! (I run a load of bleach after cleaning the nasty pads.) But they sure come in handy for a small job up 6 floors.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Larry's not really stretching the truth much, to tell you the truth. One thing I learned early, by talking and listening to padders, is that being satisfied as long as the carpet looks clean is the norm.

But, having said that, let me hasten to ask, who's to know?

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry hit it.

Only problem is I have very high standards and can see the Forreest between the trees.

I tried OPing a regular pancake house that I HWE every two months this afternoon.

I only went over around 80 feet before I tossed it back in the V and dragged in the hoses.

No damn way can you remove that much food based soil with just cotton.

If I were a true OP master I would have had to use super hot water, triple strength juice and about 50 pads on this 500 sf place.
Just to get it looking evenly mudded.

No thanks.

Light soil on CGD is where this OP method shines.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom