How would you clean this rug on location

Mikey P

Administrator
It's "bolted" to the staircase...looks like a potential bleeder to me..

2013092395175242_zps5ddca447.jpg

20130923_175259_zps2d513848.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If the black is stable mild PH prespray and acid side rinse, extra vacuum passes and maybe even leave an airmover if they don't live too far out. If too far, extra vacuum passes and terry towel to get any extra moisture, clean steps first leave airmover on it while you're cleaning the carpet to allow to dry as much as possible.

If you pull any color I'd use a dye stabilizer and neutral cleaner and acid rinse, leave airmover overnight and charge a premium....more than your usual.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'd test each of the colors for bleeding, and if it wasn't a bleeder.....I'd knock it out with an upholstery tool.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I don't know that dyes will be a problem since this looks like a contemporary factory made rug. What I'd check is to see if this is hand-tufted carpet, which will eventually turn into a ripply mess, but will be blamed on you after you clean it. From the pattern mismatch it becomes obvious that this "runner" has been made out of multiple rugs, and that the owner was too cost-conscious to buy enough rugs to make sure a seam didn't appear at the toe end of the stairtread.

Cover your backside and clean it like any other installed wool.

Reactions: Mikey P and KevinL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom