How would you clean this?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't have hand tool for t/g cleaning.

Anyone?

th_zzzzz.jpg

Rex Tyus

I would buy a hand tool if I didn't have one. A pump up sprayer,brush and a shit load of towels and careful use of an upholstery tool might do it also?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I wish I could lay it down but whattyagonnado.

Looks like I may buy a hand tool.

I've been spending like crazy lately.
ug.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I wish I could lay it down but whattyagonnado.

Looks like I may buy a hand tool.

I've been spending like crazy lately.
Well, you should come up to Reno for a visit then! :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
The countertop tools work great for this, and would be far less messy for you Brian. The chance of getting solution on the surrounding areas is far greater, with an uph tool. I would recommend a Mini Turbo.

That sounds good. I will look into it. Thanks

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
if you come down the bay area i,ll loan you a counter top tool to use on it, ...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
cu said:
if you come down the bay area i,ll loan you a counter top tool to use on it, ...

The amount of gas I would use would probably buy me one.

Anyone have any prices?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
cd09gl_lg.jpg

Benefect's "Atomic" Fire and Soot cleaner is specifically formulated to remove soot from porous surfaces, such as brick and concrete, without pressure washing.

All you would need is a spray applicator, an agitation brush, and a means for removal or rinsing.

The demo I saw on sooted brick only used a terry towel for removal.

More info here: http://www.interlinksupply.com/index.ht ... ++++++++++

RickL

If I'm seeing right (maybe not) the white stuff is efforesence and your going to need a strong acid cleaner to get it off. You won't be able to just brushit or blast it off with a high psi.
So you'll have to tape everything off around it and be real careful.
I'm not talking about a acidic cleaner I'm talking about some of the bubbly!!!

If it's just soot and maybe the white stuff is something else then what Shawn to use should be good.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
If you're on a budget, no need to go buy and another tool. Rig up your uph. tool. Tape a small piece of rubber or something to the ends.

Shawn's product looks good but you can get away with whatever you have for an alkaline, add degreaser. Mist with some dlimone as a last step before you do your acid wash. Try not to let the cleaner drip. I used a small tampico brush from HD for this and agitation. Works good on uph. as well but use any brush if you want. If the jet in your uph. tool is inside you probably won't make much of a mess. Tarp and a few rags will be fine.

I don't think the white stuff is effloresence. I see this in a lot of bricks , some kind of paint.

I know what you mean about spending money on everything. The mini turbo would do well on most of it but how do you do the top and sides with it, you'll make a mess and you'll have to tape the walls. Sooner or later everyone will need my ghetto tool for detailing. I have it on sale for $249.00 so hurry and buy now. Oh yeah, your choice of color on the duct tape to match your company uniform.

tileedge_side.jpg

:lol:

Albert

Chads

Supportive Member
just turn your turbo on its side it will lock to the wall some what and get a helper to help you its not that big of area unless you dont have a tile spinner.

Rich Holcomb

I actually cleaned a fireplace for a lady this summer. She wanted the firebox and outside cleaned. I used a mini turbo on the inside firebox and used a fine sprayer on the face brick and used a hand brush. I don't think you will want to be turning a mini turbo loose on the face brick.
I used some left over smoke and soot cleaner from a previous fire job. Be prepared the soot is extremely messy. Cover up everything near your cleaning area.

Stevea

I would look at a Vapor Steamer. This in conjunction with the soot cleaners or degrease rs will allow you to be very aggressive without blowing water all over the place. It will allow a smaller size water molecule to clean the porous areas of the brick. This is a remarkable tool for stuff just like this.

Nice thing is it costs nothing to operate and very portable. It would be worth looking at, IMO.

SA

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I would look at a Vapor Steamer. This in conjunction with the soot cleaners or degrease rs will allow you to be very aggressive without blowing water all over the place. It will allow a smaller size water molecule to clean the porous areas of the brick. This is a remarkable tool for stuff just like this.

Do they usually have a vacuum Steve or just wipe with rags?. I think you're right, sounds like the best solution. What else have you done with yours?.

Albert

G

You need a counter top one anyway,otherwise your leaving money behind. Charge more on counters and stuff because it is a lot less square footage and more teeddius.

Kevin

I know I spelt that wrong

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Steve is correct, the vapor steam is great for these situations. I would also recommend Unsmokes Porcelain, chrome and coil cleaner. It's great for stone and masonry.

Stevea

Albert,

Thanks for asking. I have and do use mine for a lot of different types of cleaning.

Cleaning of almost any hard surface: grout lines that just will not clean up with anything else; all types of stone surfaces (set up a whole cleaning system for Sea World with the use of the Vapor Steamer in the early '90's because they had hard floor surfaces that would not clean with anything else - took care of their needs and trained them in this and it was in use for many years until I left the area); cleaning of draperies and used as an aid in all types of upholstery cleaning; anything stainless in a kitchen; brass cleaning and on & on. There is so much to the use of this piece of equipment. Anyone that had a difficult item to clean should look at this.

Glass that just will not clean up with anything else; all types of detail stuff on almost anything.

It seems you may be close enough to Packfancjh to look at the ones he carries, they work great.

There are many more uses and many ways to use this to open doors to other cleaning services as well.

Hope this helps a little.

SA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom