how would you do it

Cameron1

Senior graduation party. 2 girls get sick and throw up on a double pillow top new mattress. Smells to high heaven with stains over 60%.
1. What would you charge?
2. What would you deodorize it with?
3. How much would you charge?
4. Would you guarantee to get rid of the odor ?

Just curious

hogjowl

Idiot™
My local janitorial supply house has an enzyme spray for puke and pee that works good. I'd flood the whole spot with that and use the claw to suck it out.

Then I'd clean the mattress.

Probably charge around $120 for it. (I have no idea what a new mattress costs.)

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
clean up as much of the crap and gunk to begin with through your normal cleaning process, making sure not to brown it out if its a cotton based pillow top.

Start with your deoderizer of choice, enzyme, or oxidizer or quat alot or whatever you believe in, spray the mattress heavy back and front and put into one of those plastic matress bags from uhaul. Seal the end with tape except the very bottom or top. Leave just enough of an opening to put a vac hose from your TM in. This will remove the air from the mattress and allow the deoderizer to be forced into the entire mattress material. (video if you can, its quite fun to watch a 12 inch plus mattress reduced down to 4 or 5 inches.) Leave the hose on for about 10-15 minutes if you can. Then release the vacuum and extract the surface again with an acid rinse product. The mattress should spring back when the air is allowed back in. Then get some fans on it for drying. treat and spots/stains and send it on its merry way. I'd charge 200 for a complete deoderization, and would not guarentee the stain removal.

This procedure works wickedly well for upholstery cushions as well.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Tell them to replace it or otherwise you will be called back for psychological odors.

Would YOU sleep on something like that?

Tell them to have the girls pay for a new one.

Or turn them over for buying licker for minors.

Name
I'm Rick James
I would charge $148 for cleaning and deodorizer. Unable to guarantee the cleaning/deo because it may be to deep in the mattress, unable to get to the source. I would buy a new one. But some people would live with it. I use Bac Out for that odor.

Back
Top Bottom