How would you handle this problem

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
It happens when you dont pre-spray and you run Attack through your chem meter. Operator error.

Golden Boy

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
must be that purple stuff you use

you know Derek and his cimex will out clean you

did you white towel test your cleaning after you cleaned the carpet

remember some here will tell you that if you had sold them on protector it would have fixed that problem

did you ask him what kind of carpet he had in the other restaurant

what does the resoil pattern look like, from the front door or from the kitchen

so you basically told him he is a worse cleaner then you are

have him pay another cleaner to clean it, if it doesn't resoil(or even if the other guy can get it clean) after 3 months then you will refund his money, if it resoils then he owes you some of that chicken and shrimp dish

Bob Foster

If you solicited this guy for business on your own you would have never got the job because he would have told you your price is too high(no matter how low it was). You only are in doing this job because of the old owner.

Walk away because he is just like the 1/3 of the restaurants out there who either don't see the value in clean floors or are trying to always get the cheapest deal they can.

The place will have a new owner by this time next year.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Tell him you may have to adjust the cleaning schedule so that it gets cleaned at least every 3 months if the appearance of the restaurant is important to him.

Every one know that a oriental restaurant should be cleaned far more often that 2X per year. Just because he neglected his other restaurant and it seemed to appear cleaner to him should be none of your concern.

There are so many factors as to why the carpet may appear more soiled. The cooking vents, color and type of carpet, mats like you mentioned, parking lot, number of clientele, lighting.

Ever wonder why they always keep the lights so low on those types off restaurants.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
What size of blower did you use? Probably did not recover all the dirty water.

Golden Boy

G

stand your ground dont clean it for cheaper charge him double 500.00

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Seems simple to me. He is not your customer. He didn't hire or pay you. Until you hear from the old owner I would let him be.
Al
ps Should he become your customer add enough to the bill to cover a return visit.

Becker

Name
Becker
Well Terry,

I'd say you are screwed, it has not been 3 months. More like a month.

What did he say when you said it has been 3 months to him, and he pulled out the invoice dated early March?

ODIN said:
HODPOD001.jpg

from this

HODPOD003.jpg

to this

HODPOD004.jpg

GOLDEN DRAGON

However, You did the work for the old owner, not the new. So I guess if you are not interested in cleaning this place again just walk.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Run your CIMEX and use 1 gal. each of Punch and Releasit in your tank.

Scrub N' Run baby!

I hear it cleans up SUMP OIL so it will clean up that sheet hole.

R

R W

ODIN said:
HODPOD004.jpg

Cleaned this carpet around three months ago it is a Thai restaurant with open kitchen

I cleaned this for the new owner as part of the sale with the old

I get this call from the new owner ( Korean dude ) and he wants me to come back and clean the carpet again for free

he says that this carpet should not get so dirty only after three months and his last restaurant he only needed cleaned twice a year.

I'm with Ode on this one. Any kitchen, especially Asian, cook with a lot of oil, and don't give a rats ass about what they track out into the dining area. The wait staff spills lots of plates, and if they have a buffet, the customers do their own spilling and dropping of food. And no walk off mats mean lots of tracking.

Plus the owners of these type of restuarants are typically cheap asses.

So I went out to check lets see no walk off mats any where in the kitchen or where you walk to the carpet. Kitchen floors are full of oil and grease. only a rubber mat where the cooks stand

I pointed out the problems and why.

I said I would re-clean the carpet for 225 dollars but not for free.

he said it was my fault

I said it's your problem not mine and walked

In the kitchen there was shrimp and chicken defrosting in a sink together

some one remind me to call the health department Monday morning

T

Mike Draper

don't worry, when I sold honda and toyota, Chinese would expect new cars for free as well. It's just how they are. I won't even talk to them, I've been lied to and disrespected to many times by those people. However, this does seem like operator error. You must do a shitty job cleaning! :wink:

Ernie G

My guess is, its the nature of the beast, rest. carpet gets soiled very quickly, especially in that greasy enviroment, with little or no maintenance, no door mats etc. Thats why I don't cln. rest. anymore.

The Preacher

go in there and order the buffet. slip into the bathroom and take something to make you puke, then go back to your seat and wait for the golden moment.

leave there screaming how you told them that thawing chicken and shrimp together was gonna cause trouble and how they should be hearing from yore lawyer soon!!!

PS DO NOT release those german roaches in there establishment no matter what!!! :twisted:

R

rotovacguy

Mike Draper said:
[quote="Blue Monarch":3e3uq7rs]Those people :shock:

real nice.

Yep, I would like to say it how it really is, but "those people" fit the description well enough.[/quote:3e3uq7rs]

Careful Mike....you're walking a slippery "slope" :lol:

Terry, I'd leave it be, in this day and age, that restaurant will probably reopen under new management or a whole different style within 6 months to a year. You should've had the camera handy for that chicken and shrimp defrosting.......can you say blackmail?? :twisted:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
rotovacguy said:
Mike Draper said:
[quote="Blue Monarch":29os0mwj]Those people :shock:

real nice.

Yep, I would like to say it how it really is, but "those people" fit the description well enough.

Careful Mike....you're walking a slippery "slope" :lol:

Terry, I'd leave it be, in this day and age, that restaurant will probably reopen under new management or a whole different style within 6 months to a year. You should've had the camera handy for that chicken and shrimp defrosting.......can you say blackmail?? :twisted:[/quote:29os0mwj]

I'll say it: THOSE FOREIGNERS!!!!! I was wondering about the lights being dimmed real dark in those places.....

Zee

DevilDog

Well when you throw JUNK on your clients carpets to clean them what do you think is going to happen? Hack cleaning gets hack results.

However....I think the owner is very unreasonable. First of all any type of restaurant can get pretty dirty pretty quickly if they don't do the proper things to start out with.

No mats, no mats from a greasy kitchen to the carpeted areas...that is just plain f'n stupid.

If that were me I would have told him that the problem was not me....but to help him out I would clean it for $150 or so. If the guy is not worth your time I would have told him to get it cleaned and let you know when it was cleaned and then I would go back in three months and see how it looked.

If he keeps doing the same things he has always done...he is going to get the same results...trashed carpet in three months.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've got one restaurant that I clean about once a year. The ONLY reason they get away with it is that they have a pantry window and the servers never set foot in the kitchen.
All my other resties are 1-4mth regulars

Good call to walk.

V

vegijohn

Not to be racist, but my very best childhood friend, whom I consider a brother, who is Korean once told me to be careful of Koreans.
He told me it is in their nature to screw each other in business dealings. Why do you think the Kia did so poorly the first time around.

Cut your loses and fire the custy-- You will feel better about yourself.

Greenie

those people...funny cheap is cheap, plenty of cheap white trash too, and black trash, and red trash, in san fran their is rainbow trash...lol

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Greenie said:
those people...funny cheap is cheap, plenty of cheap white trash too, and black trash, and red trash, in san fran their is rainbow trash...lol

oh yea i get that greenie...

But these people (all of them) tend to be ridiculas over the top cheap/cheat

90% of other restaruants get cleaned once a mth....why is it these people think they can do it every 3 or more???

and yes their shit is greasier then most

G

Hold your ground; file a board health complaint; call the INS to ensure his legal status. It was owners fault for not properly taking the rug recommendation from the first time you cleaned it.

Chris A

Name
Chris
rjfdube said:
Hold your ground; file a board health complaint; call the INS to ensure his legal status. It was owners fault for not properly taking the rug recommendation from the first time you cleaned it.

WTF would you want to do that for? You wanna put the guy outta biz just because you didn't get the job?

scotty747

tell him you ate there three hours ago and now you are hungry. you should not be hungry this soon. demand free food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom