hows the new dri pods workin out?

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Not sure who the people are in this case but we ship out complete units on this item for warranty claims. No feet dragging here, feels a lot like being thrown under the bus honestly. As for loctite they do have it. Rivets are to keep people out of the inside of the fan especially small children. It's out product , designed and built by us.

Name
Nate W.
So who makes them?

When I posted the link to the xaact fan that is the same thing with a different label, Bill Bruders jumped on it saying they are looking into this because its their fan..
Haven't heard about it afterwards. But I noticed the xaact guys did the show in Vegas...did anyone see if they had the "dripods"?

Well if that's the case, I stand corrected...

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Drieaz does make them and I am returning under warranty for refund. Already bought new one at supplier that fixes if under warranty. And rivets to protect from children? Never caught any kids wrenching on any of my fans/ blowers in my 18 years, but ok? Just saying if they were not riveted they would be an easy fix.

The rivets are lame IMO

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
IMO you really need 4 in the van at all times. If you have a large room 200 plus sqft good luck drying w/ just 2, you need to space them out no more than 6-8 feet, 10 feet is just too far out and it'll take a while for carpets to dry. Having just 1 dripod to dry say a 10x10 area is a complete waste of time as you'll be drying 4x4 or 5x5 sections than having to move them every 4-5 linear foot, better off placing 2 in each standard size rooms (10x10 or 10x12) for better results.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Rivets are cheaper, especially when you consider cost savings from making them in china.

was very surprised as drieaz was all about made in America.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Just wanted to say I had one fall sown some stairs worked fine then started making a a racket fan rubbing.

I pulled it apart jimmied the fan and made it workable I used zip ties to put it back together.

Then I heard you guys mentioning the screws holding the fans in place and sure enough there was one missing from loud racket fan.

Put a new screw and tightened other's down put it back together with more zip ties works like day one.

Then the next day another fans lost its screw.

All I'm saying zip ties!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Name
Jesse
Hopefully they decide to make them more reliable cause they are great little fans. 3 of our 8 have had the screws on the fan come loose. I didn't buy them all at the same time so hopefully it's not 5 of 8 in 6 months.

One just started going off after 5 minutes for about 5 minutes and then back on again and again. Any clue what that would be?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ill post a photo tomorrow but I zip tie right around the same place the rivet comes out

SamIam

Name
sam miller
ary4ege2.jpg

Drill out rivets

Then you can open easily and tighten screws that hold fan in place

dareheda.jpg

Put back together with zip ties

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'll take another apart that a screw fell out of the fan and put it back together it's pretty easy

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
You bring that in a customers house to dry freshly cleaned carpet with all that dirt and lint caked on the fan? That's just gross sorry!

Mike Draper

2 out of my 5 have broke in the same way as everyone else. I haven't had time to sit down and fix it, nor do I have time to package it up and send it back. Id rather pay a little more and have it made more durable. Mine are like brand new and probably have less than 5 hours on them.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'll take another apart that a screw fell out of the fan and put it back together it's pretty easy

Wow Sam...that is pretty disgusting...how about cleaning it up once a month? Man...

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
A couple of thoughts came to my mind while reading you whiney babies in this thread:

You guys must have much better laid out vans than I do, because there is no way I could find the room in my van to carry 4 of those fans. At least, not in such a way as to make them easy enough to access so that I would actually use them.

Why do you need them in the first place? I never have a drying complaint. Are you guys sure you're not going ICS on me and making an issue out of a mole hill?

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
If you do enough dry strokes you really don't need them like Pig man says, but it's still nasty

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
A couple of thoughts came to my mind while reading you whiney babies in this thread:

You guys must have much better laid out vans than I do, because there is no way I could find the room in my van to carry 4 of those fans. At least, not in such a way as to make them easy enough to access so that I would actually use them.

Why do you need them in the first place? I never have a drying complaint. Are you guys sure you're not going ICS on me and making an issue out of a mole hill?

I use mine for strictly drying tile....nice to set a few around and make sure that the surface is dry and not worry about someone slipping and falling..........

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I use mine for strictly drying tile....nice to set a few around and make sure that the surface is dry and not worry about someone slipping and falling..........

I use mine on tile also. I think they suck on carpet. Only dry like a 5' circle at best.

I want the little Omni whistles for carpet. Especially since they are only $100 and daisy chain.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
those Omnis are nice.....

the dry pods work to take the edge off...for drying

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
My 2 airpaths get used 90% of the time vs the 4 dripods.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
When you take them apart to tighten the screws, do you put locktight on them?

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom