how's your memory?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Been cleaning for 20yrs now. I rarely if ever have forgotten a place I've cleaned. Pulled up to a house today, thinking, I've been here before. Get inside and I remember cleaning the Living Room, sofa, sure enough, looked in my computer database while doing up the work order, 12 years ago.
Its neat when the client doesn't remember but I do.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I feel as if my client forgot who I was, I wasn't doing a very good job marketing and I'd be pretty disappointed in that.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Mine is R.S.

I'll pass on trying to remember names, but give me an address and I can remember everything I've done there, fabric, colour, you name it.

But try and remember their name:bullshit:.......................

My one exception to this is one:

jerry raper
494 S Main Street,
Payson, UT 84651
http://www.bleachstain.com

He got my money but I never got my goods.

:(:stir:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not as good as it used to be, I'd be lost without my phone and Outlook.

In fact sometimes driving......I forget where I'm going and pass my stop and don't figure it out until minutes later. :icon_redface:

Shorty what's the story on that? You don't have any recourse, nothing you can do?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I have bad ST memory, have to write it down so it sticks in my mind.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Sometimes I would go help a friend I used to work for, as an employee and go into homes that I cleaned 12-13 years ago.
I actually remember pictures and all kinds of stuff in a home.

I guess we kinda make a mental inventory what's in the house and what we had to deal with when cleaning.

Customers will forget you no matter how much you advertise or remind them.
Heck, some even forget you were there 6 months ago and they try to convince you someone else did their carpets couple years ago....even when I tell them I have the copy of the invoice in my folder for reference what we did last time.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I feel as if my client forgot who I was, I wasn't doing a very good job marketing and I'd be pretty disappointed in that.

I think a lot of "long, lost" custys .....no matter how great a cleaner you were........are swayed at times by the smooth talkin' carpet businesses out there. Groupon and 1/2 off deals sometimes sway even the "loyalist" of custys, but in most cases they will be back. Had a custy last week that her Daughter insisted that she call her Mom's cleaner (me), because all those other cleaners are "creepy"! Continuity of service is the key. After using another company, they will remember the little things your company did.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
It wasn't that I wasn't marketing to them. The community he lives in is only 69kms away but takes an hours drive, through the rain forest, steep hills, bouncy roads, gorgeous views. No cell phone coverage after the first 10min of the drive. What happened is they changed all the addresses :oldrolleyes: so what was house #4 became #6640.

steve_64

i need triggers to remember. apartments will call saying a stain or something came back and tell me the unit number and say you just did it last week remember. ummm no. but then again i was usually stoned.

ive experienced most of whats been said already. some i remember some i dont, some i do once i start cleaning and have to move something i moved before. ive learned to let things go. i use to anal ize everything i did when i was starting out. now i walk out and leave it all behind. cept for the good looking ones. them i cant wait till they call again.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Not as good as it used to be, I'd be lost without my phone and Outlook.

In fact sometimes driving......I forget where I'm going and pass my stop and don't figure it out until minutes later. :icon_redface:

Shorty what's the story on that? You don't have any recourse, nothing you can do?

Hi Richard, this happened several years ago when he used to have his address on his old web site.

Back then he was working out of his home (as shown on Google maps).

Spoke to the guy several times by phone and ordered the products for replacing color in bleach stains.

Paid for it with Visa after he figured out freight, etc;

After that he would no longer take my calls nor reply to my emails.

Now I'm even wary of dealing with your prez; :stir:

Quote:

"In fact sometimes driving......I forget where I'm going and pass my stop and don't figure it out until minutes later"

That's strange, I did that yesterday. :redface:

:very_drunk:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I'm surprised no one else said it. It's pretty easy to remember customers from years ago when you only clean one house per day and you spend 2 hours vacuuming before you start cleaning.

Reactions: GCCLee

hogjowl

Idiot™
Few of us are as memorable as we think we are. And, those of us who are, are for reasons we would rather not be remembered for.

Average guys just are going to lose a few along the way. My loss percentage is nowhere near what it once was, now that I am letting ServiceMonster handle it for me.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
as a matter of fact, the house down the street DID take me 2hrs to vacuum. Clean looking carpet where I pulled a ton of carpet dedorizer powder out.
Yep, it sure does help when I'm not blurring through 5 houses in a day

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom