How's Your Truckmount Look?

Farenheit251

I like the industrial looks of my Accellerater with the engine taking center stage. A little prespray,hose it off and wipe with wd 40 it shines likes a new penny. The fancy powder coated ones look nicer at the start but they all flaked and looked worse after 3 years except for Prochem. No good way to fix that. AT and Vortex looks like they'd stand the test of time. Butlers? I don't know. I could never resist piling airmovers on all that wasted space when a big flood came in.

Greenie

BrianE said:
... The fancy powder coated ones look nicer at the start but they all flaked and looked worse after 3 years except for Prochem. No good way to fix that.

I've seen plenty of cancer ridden prochems.

Personally I'd just have a SS frame and leave it natural...now that is Industrial.

T

The Magician

I've see some bad Bluelines too. The manufactuers needs a cure??

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I bought my Genesis because it had a SS frame. Painted frames always corrode and flake off.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I think the reason prochems where made with powder coated steel is because in arizona it works great, I ran prochems in central texas and down there the machines would rust out like they where in sea water. a couple years and they had substantial rust forming because of the humidity, here in utah, my machine is 6.5 yrs old and the only part that shows any rust is the bracket that holds the mix tank on the back of the machine, its amazing how that would make that much difference, down south a prochems frame will litterly rust itself into nothing

RLitwin

I guess I'm lucky to live in dry AZ. Two HMs and a Blueline and not a problem with the powder coat. Once a week I spray WD-40 all over. Once or twice a year, a wax all the paint/powder coated parts.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
If you don't empty the tanks, remove wet pads, rags, etc. before closing up a cc van, the humidity will promote rust. If you don't have all sources of humidity out of the van, at least keep a window cracked. (From experience.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom