Hugger hand tool for stairs?

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'm annoyed when I see a NEW truckmount for sale without ball-valve shutoffs behind the solution quick-couples. I won't run a machine without them.

Each section of solution line likewise has them. Makes switching tools a breeze.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree Lee all lead lines have them as well as any spares not on a reel. It just makes sense, especially as checp as ball valves are.

Not sure what the pig in a blanket is speaking to. ???

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I saw that tool years ago but decided not to buy it. Just one more tool I would rarely use.
I've started vacuuming the noses of stairs more, once that soil is gone it doesn't take near as much effort to steam clean the stairs. Unfortunately its a trade off. You can put more effort into the vacuuming or you can put more effort into the steam cleaning; when they're heavily soiled you're going to put more effort into it one way or the other.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
don't even use 24flow on the floor!
Are you using your floor wand on the stairs?? I've tried that; treads are ok, risers are a pain, hard to get the close side of the stair into the corner

Name
Lee Stockwell
Ron Werner said:
don't even use 24flow on the floor!
Are you using your floor wand on the stairs?? I've tried that; treads are ok, risers are a pain, hard to get the close side of the stair into the corner
It just requires a quick second trip up the staircase to come back on the other side of the wand to get the other edge.

We need the exercise anyhow.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
As Lee said, they may not be used very much, but when you need them, they work great.

Here's a couple of others that don't get used very much, but are still kept on the van.

Handtools004_zpsa4b14d0f.jpg

:very_drunk:

PS:: As Caleb said, I do the bull nose first, then I clean the risers going up, clean the treads coming down.

With the QR on each hose, I can't see a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Draper

I have one, I like it on thick noses, thin noses not so well. It tends to over spray if the nose is not thick enough to take up the whole vacuum slot. It does work very well, but like all tools, it has its place and is only used 2-3x a week, which makes it worthwhile to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom