HWE - VLM -VFW

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The HWE sections showed some pretty significant wicking.
I have to be truthful though, the encap section wasn't 100% perfect either.
But it was considerably better looking than the HWE sections.

In all fairness though - this really wasn't a fair comparison for anyone - it wasn't real world. Picture having about 50 carpet cleaners standing around inside a 200 sq foot bar room while you're trying to clean. And while the carpet is being cleaned those 50 or so people are walking back and forth across the carpet. Plus there are also people walking in and out of the bar. And while the carpet's still wet there continues to be a steady flow of people walking in and out of the bar. Naturally it was a less than ideal situation for everyone! But it was a heck of a lot of fun. And I think the bartender sold a record amount of beer. :very_drunk:

So we went in the following morning and cleaned everything up with the Vario. All in all, the carpet looked good and the woman running the bar was singing our praises!!!

Mikefest was AMAZING. For those of you who didn't make it this year, you should seriously consider attending next year. It is "THE" Industry event to be at. There was so much great content! It was jam packed with valuable information. Thanks to Mike, the sponsors, and all who came out and made it the greatest Mikefest ever.

J

JS41035

I also spilled about a gallon of encap liquid. When I tilted the cimex back like a doofus.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
To give you an idea how crowded the bar was, my wife was trying to get pictures of me cleaning. But she couldn't even get close to me. It was like there was a wall of people and all her pictures looked like this...

2etude8a.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Isn't that an OLD Oreck Low boy?

Put some bigger wheels on the back.................sheeeeez.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Not exactly Jimmy. It's been modified quite a bit. Months of testing and tweaking went into its design.

Ask some of the folks who saw the Vario and tried it what they thought.

F

FB7777

Totally agree with you Rick

Wasn't there for the actual shoot out. Had no idea who did what section. All areas had issues but yours looked the cleanest
And that was before it dried. How bad was the wicking?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That bar very crowded!

We should have stayed off it after we cleaned it but while still wet we were all walking in and out throughout the day going to the bar or just cutting through the room. :redface:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Those large wheels really helped make it run smooth. Hard to beat the price as an intro into VLM or to add to your fleet as an extra unit.

I also like the spotting approach that Rick suggested with the brush roller thing, during his presentation. I need to order a couple of those tools. Why bring a machine up when that spotter brush will do. Plus on maintenance contacts while one tech is using the machine someone else could be touching up otherwise clean areas. Thanks for the tip Rick! :icon_cool:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Isn't that an OLD Oreck Low boy?

Put some bigger wheels on the back.................sheeeeez.

Flip the handle around an ride it backwards Jimmy, Help yur hemorrhoids i'm sure : )

That carpet had 400yrs worth of Whisky and Azz in it, Unbelievable. The John, Now that would have been right up yur ally, lol

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
That bar very crowded!

We should have stayed off it after we cleaned it but while still wet we were all walking in and out throughout the day going to the bar or just cutting through the room. :redface:

I'm not sure it ever closed Doc : (

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Could we also please have a review of what the section cleaned with HWE looked like from one of the operators of the HWE ??

It's just seems like a good idea to get both sides of the story.

Also some comments of other bystanders from both sides of the fence. :winky:

I still use both systems depending on the situation.

:yoda:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Those large wheels really helped make it run smooth. Hard to beat the price as an intro into VLM or to add to your fleet as an extra unit.

I also like the spotting approach that Rick suggested with the brush roller thing, during his presentation. I need to order a couple of those tools. Why bring a machine up when that spotter brush will do. Plus on maintenance contacts while one tech is using the machine someone else could be touching up otherwise clean areas. Thanks for the tip Rick! :icon_cool:

Please elaborate on this thing Richard.

:yoda:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Did the BrushPro also get tested ? ?

They are good at digging up soil.

You had a new one to compare.

Proper Testing is more difficult than it seems.

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Shorty, during Ricks presentation he talked about maintenance contracts and how you could throw in spotting in the contract or just do it when you're there providing service. You look around and hit spots with the Zebra Spot brush and some Encap spotter and walk away. No need to use the machine, no need to bend down on your knees. Just spray and feather with the Zebra brush.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Did the BrushPro also get tested ? ?

They are good at digging up soil.

You had a new one to compare.

Proper Testing is more difficult than it seems.

Larry
Ricks wife did go over all of the carpet with the CRB prior to vacuuming the bar but I don't believe it was used as stand alone??? But I was in and out of there, it was so crowded in there. :lol:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If it is, I will say your guys will have more use out of it as a stairs prescrubber before hwe.

To me its better to just grab the Orbot and hit the spots with it.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I thought the center section (don't know what was in use there) had the most stains after cleaning, but it may have been the dirtiest before cleaning as well. The other two sections looked similar right after cleaning, but the encapped section looked best as the carpet dried.

Remember that this was hammered commercial glue-down with dozens of people walking on (and spilling drinks) while the cleaning was in progress, the bar stayed open for business after the cleaning was complete so no air movers were used, and a whale of a lot more time was invested in each area than for a normal cleaning. Having to do another cleaning would be expected.

Thanks Rick, for giving the VFW a lift by coming back to even out the appearance.

Would have been great to pull off a tile and grout tool shoot-out in the men's room. It would have been as challenging as the bar.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That mens room should have been condemned! :errf:

Nice to finally meet you Oz! I must say look look more intelligent on the boards than in person! LOL :winky:

Nothing worse than an intellectual smart ass! :p Yep, I liked you right away! :icon_cool:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I know that most of you guys have had enough experience with hammered CGD carpets to realize that HWE is always going to fail when the carpet's a total mess like this one was. Even the most diehard HWE guy will admit that HWE can often create major headaches when the odds are stacked against them on a filthy commercial job. Most of the cheap carpet is olefin which is a natural wicking pig, and CGD carpet has extremely limited airflow, plus the backing of a trashed carpet is normally plugged full of crud. So it stands to reason that HWE will not be the perfect solution. HWE can be useful for lessening the soil load in these situations. But to fix the wicking problem or to prevent it in the first place - encap is an indispensable method. That was exactly what we saw on the VFW bar, and it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. In no way do these results demerit HWE, a trashed CGD carpet is just an area where HWE frequently crashes and burns, and it's where a good encap system shines. Each has it's place.

Rick Gelinas - The Encapman
www.Excellent-Supply.com / Releasit

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom