HydraMaster 4.8

Greg Loe

I don't have one, I used to run them for Coit. I was just wondering why 4007 is it when the butler is running a larger blower now

Matt King

Greenie's right. They're both the same series blower. I remember talking to a guy a couple of years back. He Insisted his Butler had the same blower as my Genesis. He was getting that 5.8 and 5.9 mixed up. Either way, I insisted back that they were nowhere near the same blower. I thought he was gonna jump through the phone line ta get me.. lol.. To Butlers credit, if they're running those 4.7's as fast as the guys have pointed out, you'll have some serious power for single wanding. How they keep a clutch on the front of that shaft still baffles me.. My brain hurts from thinking about it. :)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
If you remember Matt I questioned the 5.8 status years ago on ICS.

Seems it really is a 47 but they increased the rpms to spin it and called it a 5.8.

Misleading advertising.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Since Hydramaster is using a true 5009 in the Titan.. wonder if it will find its way into a new cds unit. I know it would need a better design for the pto to transfer to a larger pump.. but i bet they coulds find a way. A salsa cds with a 5.9 would be a heck a cleaning van.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
That would be interesting to see the set up between the seats. That blower would fill it quickly.

Chris A

Name
Chris
a better clutch would be needed for sure, I seem to remember the max HP through a clutch is about 30? Plenty for a 47 but I'm not so sure about a 59

btw, that would be an awesome cleaning van, especially with the heat off that big blower.

Chris A

Name
Chris
you guys that run White Magics and Cleanco's, do they underdrive the 56 blowers on those units, how are they in comparison to a 47 CDS ( if you've used both.)

John Watson

One of these days you guys are going to make me curious enough to go pull the covers off my 2 units with those #5s (Mobile storage sheds) to see how they were really driven. By memery about a 6 in on the power shaft and 3 1/2 on the blower input and the engine RPM at 1800 The harmonic balancer and elec clutch pulleys are about the same

Name
Jesse
c_adkins said:
you guys that run White Magics and Cleanco's, do they underdrive the 56 blowers on those units, how are they in comparison to a 47 CDS ( if you've used both.)

White magic under drives theirs, cleanco want's you to run 10hg's. The pro1200 has a bit more cfm's than a q47, at least my ears think so. I've never used a q56.

Greenie

bottom line is a Clutch drive really only needs to support a 47 class blower, plenty of potential right there, you ahve 3" plumbing and over 450 cfm, and how many people really dual wand off of a clutch drive, not many....althought I must say spinning at capacity and using 2.5" hose out to each glided 2" wand, it's more impressive than you might think for a 47.

TimP

Too bad they can't run them off a transmission or something better than an AC clutch. I think my 47 in my cds if it was plumbed right and spun at capacity would have plenty of suck. But it's not set up that way for some reason.

That's one reason why I plan to go slide in next time. I want dual wand capability in one truck when I need it. But it's gonna be a few years if the economy stays as it is.

Greenie

Tim, if you set it up at capacity...without 2.5" hose, the backpressure would be too great on a "standard" set up, and it would eat clutches with all those restrictions.

Opening things up, and using 2.5 makes life easy on the clutch.

First thing I would do if I had a clutch unit is change the damn blower pulley, so it spins 15% faster.

TimP

along with 2.5" hose.

It's probably a bitch to replace the pully on this HM spec blower.

Also if I remember right the inlet on the tank is 2.5" anyway. But I could be wrong.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom