HydraMaster CDS units info

JR Harvey

Name
JR Harvey
HydraMaster CDS machines are a very reliable machines. Being an owner of one for 10 years now I have learned a lot about the machine. Just wanted to share an important issue that needs addressed for anybody owning an CDS.
The machine has a steel intake that enters the blower from the waste tank. This intake is also where the lube enters for the blower. Well the issue is that the lube does not coat this steel part which will eventually rust out completely. As it rusts out it sucks chunks of rusted metal into your blower. So keep an eye on yours after 5 years old. View attachment 3688View attachment 3688

JR Harvey

Name
JR Harvey
No damage that I'm aware of. Blower seems good after being 10 years old. The rusted metal is pretty fragile so I guess the blower just destroyed it without damage. At least I hope!!

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Glad to hear you like your CDS. I bought my White Magic 12 years ago and it is still running too. CDS was my next choice.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Wow! An actual Hydramaster CDS owner ... on this board ... I think you must be the first! (Or, the others are not very memorable posters.)

I have a few questions:

What size blower is on your machine?

What size wand do you use, 2 inch or 1.5?

What is the lift on that machine?

Do you have pork holes in your doors?

Are you happy with the heat? Do you know what it normally is?

Chris A

Name
Chris
And since you didn't ask me...

Wow! An actual Hydramaster CDS owner ... on this board ... I think you must be the first! (Or, the others are not very memorable posters.)

I have a few questions:

What size blower is on your machine? 47

What size wand do you use, 2 inch or 1.5? 2"

What is the lift on that machine? 13 from the factory, set to 14 for as long as I can remember

Do you have pork holes in you doors? Yes but never use it

Are you happy with the heat? Do you know what it normally is?
heat is ok, I hold around 200 at 09 flow in the winter, 210 the rest of the year, 220 during the one week of 90 degree heat we get in the summer.

JR Harvey

Name
JR Harvey
It's the TUTHILL 4007 blower
I use a prochem 2" wand
Lift is set at 12.5 right now. I may bump it up to 13 though.
No "Pork" holes in my doors.
Heat is not that good. Not happy with that at all. That is the only negative about the machine. I'm in Vegas so I can kinda get away with it but if you were in the colder areas probably would be very happy with the heat. It runs around 190-200 at the machine gauge. I almost purchased a WM1200 back in the day. It was between the two units. The only issue with WM is there are very few here in Vegas so I have never seen one running here. Hydramaster and Prochem own Vegas as far as truckmounts go.

JR Harvey

Name
JR Harvey
Right now my machine is in a brand new 2013 Van so I'm hoping to get hotter temps. The previous van was a 2003. The gauge was not hooked up during this recent install so I have to get that fixed. As soon as I do I shall know if I have new hotter temps... but if feels the same so far as I clean. So I think it will be the same.

Mikey P

Administrator
all heat performance claims are based on a wand with 6 flow. Running anything more than that will dramatically drop your temperatures

Becker

Name
Becker
You had a 10 year old HM installed into a brand new van?

How is the aluminium tank?

How many hrs on the CDS itself?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
all heat performance claims are based on a wand with 6 flow. Running anything more than that will dramatically drop your temperatures

Balance.....people....balance.........never make your machine give you more then it can handle...you are only going to shoot yourself in the foot.......

Reactions: dgardner

JR Harvey

Name
JR Harvey
3,600 hrs in ten years
I take really good care of my equipment. Tank is perfect. No issues.
No lies about the heat. No where near 235. Back in the day when I purchased my machine I went round and round with Denis at HydraMaster. Because of me, they put a disclaimer on their ads shortly after about Chevy/GMC's running cooler than Fords. HydraMaster had me doing all kinds of silly stuff to get the temp up. They got it up to around 205 in the summer doing the "pre-heating" of the blower but it would not hold at 205. They had me change my jets, preheat the vacuum and pretty much jump on one leg and rub my stomach. OK the last part I made up, but you get the idea.

It's still a good machine, just poor heat.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
When I first started this company I bought a brand new CDS 4.8 with the salsa unit.....even on the hottest days of summer...if I hit 220..i considered myself lucky....

If I hit above 200 in the winter....I considered that a miracle.......

and there was no way that when you started working that this machine would hold those temps.....

my very first wand that I owned and used that came with this machine......my 1 1/4......single jet...and she still would not temp up....

great running machine....just not great with temps...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Knowing your purchase history, I doubt there's any name left on the list.

Now that Chavez R. has switched exclusively to Von Shredding, he may sell you one of his super sized, over hyped, under utilized machines :winky:

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Knowing your purchase history, I doubt there's any name left on the list.

Now that Chavez R. has switched exclusively to Von Shredding, he may sell you one of his super sized, over hyped, under utilized machines :winky:

With your peoples history of persecution, I am surprised that you are willing to persecute me the way you do.

My purchase tree contains:

1) TCS - They have always been my favorite (even though you can't use pork holes with them). While I think I would like to try a van powered unit and get away from propane, in the end I imagine I will come to the same decision I made last time and go with what I know and am happy with.

2) Aerotec - I know I would love one of these units, and my business is almost back up to the level it was when I owned the Vortex. My only hesitation with that decision is one of practicality. While they perform exceptionally well, driving and parking one is a challenge that takes some getting used to.

3) Butler- surely Saiger and Boyle aren't lying about how well they perform?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Honestly, with what's available now, I would...mine is only 5 years old so it's a few years away from the scrap yard yet, but I find myself oftentimes wishing I had made another choice.

way back when I first started.....slide in's were just crap....they have come a long way since then and can out heat ( with out a secondary heat source..i.e. propane ) and out preform just about every PTO system out there.....

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
With your peoples history of persecution, I am surprised that you are willing to persecute me the way you do.

I'd like to take the opportunity and apologize for my tribe and myself. All those years in the diaspora, must have dulled my senses.

My purchase tree contains:

1) TCS - They have always been my favorite (even though you can't use pork holes with them). While I think I would like to try a van powered unit and get away from propane, in the end I imagine I will come to the same decision I made last time and go with what I know and am happy with.

Please, for you and this board, go with what you know and are happy with. I have a feeling it will make you..................happy.
:winky:

2) Aerotec - I know I would love one of these units, and my business is almost back up to the level it was when I owned the Vortex. My only hesitation with that decision is one of practicality. While they perform exceptionally well, driving and parking one is a challenge that takes some getting used to.

Don't get a Vortex, if I may suggest. Mostly because.................driving and parking one is a challenge that takes some getting used to.

3) Butler- surely Saiger and Boyle aren't lying about how well they perform?

And to add to the weight of that argument and double the odds- Butler is also Dave Yokum approved.

And that, I think, is all from your friends on the left bank. Unless, of course, you'll reconsider a Jud.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Since you do not need to keep your van locked when you're working. No reason for you to have a pto.

Any slide in from a reputable manufacturer, with a good engine, a good size blower, all in an extended van will do great.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I assumed that unlike me, you don't work in the city and theft may be less of a potential issue.
Particularly if one carries area rugs in the van, while cleaning.

Hope that will not cause any major regrets. If it does, please let me know for a total refund, as I guarantee my posts.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom