Hydramaster crossfire 4.2

GCC41

Name
Christopher Gamboa
to start this off im very new to carpet cleaning and i need all the help i can get with my truck mount so if you have any trips and tricks about this machine I would greatly appreciate it very much

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
any trips and tricks about this machine

you can find the manual online.
If you don't have one, start there.

due to the age of the unit, google will be your friend

here's a couple threads

..L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Porterville, damn you only got 59k people living there. Are you planning on going to outside areas like Visalia?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
what should my vacuum guage be at mine never goes higher then 5
Check your waste tank gasket for leaks. You should be getting better suction than 5. If your tank lid is sealed check your vac relief valve. It may be out of adjustment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolly Llama

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
5 is what we get with an open hose. Stand by the truck and put your hand over the vacuum and seal it. You need somewhere between 11-14 at least.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ive tried that and still it only goes to like 5
Like Richard says, you should hear some loud hissing when you do that. Either a lot of air is escaping or your machine isn't running at the right rpm. Or your belts are loose. Check your tank lid gasket, your vacuum relief valve first. If you have a tachometer on that machine, what does it read?

Reactions: The Great Oz

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If nothing suggested above finds the problem, could it be from an exhaust restriction? The heat exchanger or silencer could be clogged.

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Lee Stockwell
I believe that due to inexperience you are overlooking something, or likely SEVERAL things that would be obvious otherwise.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I believe that due to inexperience you are overlooking something, or likely SEVERAL things that would be obvious otherwise.
That's the thing sometimes. Having someone familiar with similar machines can look at it and say do this or that and problem solved. Most machines produce 5 inches with the hose wide open.

GCC41

Name
Christopher Gamboa
Does any one have the problem of there truck mount not staying on for some reason mine always turns off for no reason I let it warm up and all and it still turns off it'll do that about 3 to 4 times then it will be fine does anyone have any suggestions to fix my problem

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
did you down load the manual yet, Chris?
Is there a trouble shooting page in it?

Your lack of experience and suspected lack of mechanical aptitude coupled with multiple problems suggests to me, you need a pro (or good backyard mechanic) to look over your TM.

Scrape up enough dough to have a shop diagnose and quote a price.
Then you'll know what you're capable of doing yourself and what's over your head

..L.T.A.

Name
Swani
Does any one have the problem of there truck mount not staying on for some reason mine always turns off for no reason I let it warm up and all and it still turns off it'll do that about 3 to 4 times then it will be fine does anyone have any suggestions to fix my problem
Which engine do you have on your Crossfire? If I remember correctly there were a couple different engines used.

GCC41

Name
Christopher Gamboa
did you down load the manual yet, Chris?
Is there a trouble shooting page in it?

Your lack of experience and suspected lack of mechanical aptitude coupled with multiple problems suggests to me, you need a pro (or good backyard mechanic) to look over your TM.

Scrape up enough dough to have a shop diagnose and quote a price.
Then you'll know what you're capable of doing yourself and what's over your head

..L.T.A.
I went over the manual but a trouble shooting manual and knowing how to run a machine is different I'm learning little by little but a little help from someone who knows what there doing does go along way

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Seriously, you’re wasting time asking us. Take it to a distributor mechanic that can help you. You need to be acquainted with them for all kinds of reasons.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
to start this off im very new to carpet cleaning and i need all the help i can get with my truck mount so if you have any trips and tricks about this machine I would greatly appreciate it very much
Is it in good condition or does it need to be looked over by a mechanic? Spend the extra $$$ to get any kinks fixed or you'll be frustrated on the job when it breaks down. The only reason I say that is it's been several years since that was new. If the hours are low, that means it just sat, which isn't good

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Good lord. I feel bad for this guy. Buys a tm and it’s ridden with all sorts of problems. Can the OP’er get his money back?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom