HydraMaster DriMaster - What a PIG

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Don't get me wrong, I love my new Drimaster even more than the old model.

HOWEVER ...................................

I had some crap blocked inside the handle that was making the bitch scream.

With the old model, it was a simple action of remove the perspex glass plate and pull the crap out, no tools needed for this.

Well, maybe a pair of long nose pliers to grab the crap and pull it out.

With the new one, there are about a dozen, (that's twelve), tiny screws. washers and nuts to remove, as well as the plastic screw piece that holds the hose in there.

The, with careful manouvering, prise the two halves of the body apart ad remove the crap.

Then you have to carefully put it all back together again.

This is not a quick job to remove some debris from the handle by any means.

I can see that this is going to be an on-going maintenance on a regular basis to keep the DriMaster operating at peak efficiency.

Now that I know how to do it, I'm sure I'll get quicker as time goes by.

More thorough vacuuming is also going to be done prior to cleaning every piece.

Ooroo,

:oops:

Tony Dees

that's BS, I'd send it back. Slowed production cuts profit. Why did you buy that machine? profit

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I have one myself. Really like it; much better than the old version.

Here's a suggestion. Take the drymaster head and stick it into the opening of a 2 inch hose, surround any openings with your hands so as to get maximum suck through the DM; connect a solution hose and run water through it while sucking the crud out the opening. This is essentialy what I do when I get carpet fuzz stuck in the head of my greenhorn; run water through the vac handle, which usually helps to dislodge da crud.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom