HydraMaster history

Mikey P

Administrator
FB_IMG_1551383502892.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm old enough to remember using Hydracats and Bobcats. Simple-solid.

We still have a 40 year old Hydrastation that's used in our plant everyday, we had another Hydrastation that was lower, all stainless, basically an electric truckmount on wheels that had to be wired to a 240V panel (not shown in the picture). That one was sold to my brother's company and is in use everyday in his shop at 30 years.

The Mark IV (AKA Slam-Shifter due to the straight-cut gears in the direct drive PTO) was odd because we put it in a half-ton van and mounted the waste tank behind the driver. Right turns with a full tank were frightening.

We used to do maintenance of the field and suites in the old Kingdome until they replaced us by buying a QUAD, and I could use a 302 today if they still made them.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I'm old enough to remember using Hydracats and Bobcats. Simple-solid.

We still have a 40 year old Hydrastation that's used in our plant everyday, we had another Hydrastation that was lower, all stainless, basically an electric truckmount on wheels that had to be wired to a 240V panel (not shown in the picture). That one was sold to my brother's company and is in use everyday in his shop at 30 years.

The Mark IV (AKA Slam-Shifter due to the straight-cut gears in the direct drive PTO) was odd because we put it in a half-ton van and mounted the waste tank behind the driver. Right turns with a full tank were frightening.

We used to do maintenance of the field and suites in the old Kingdome until they replaced us by buying a QUAD, and I could use a 302 today if they still made them.
cool, got any old pics of the kingdome cleanings?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The Baron was a monsta. This is before my time.

cool, got any old pics of the kingdome cleanings?
This is the only pic that didn't require a lot of digging. Had to clean the lines off the turf every time they changed from football to baseball. They replaced us with an 'Astro-Zamboni' and after that we only got on the field to clean up the A-Z oil leaks.

No one missed the job. It just feels like a lot of acreage, and to save money they wouldn't turn many lights on. You never knew how well it turned out until you saw your mistakes on TV.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I remember Jeff Bishop showing me a CDS in Dothan once. I’m sure glad I didn’t buy it, because he sold out a year or two later and the place went to hell.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I remember Jeff Bishop showing me a CDS in Dothan once. I’m sure glad I didn’t buy it, because he sold out a year or two later and the place went to hell.
We bought a Promaster/Butler from him. It had trouble with throwing belts, heat damage to rubber lots of questionable issues. Not too long after that you could only get a Butler from Butler. We had previously bought a Butler from Bob Bonwell/Advantage Indy. He actually bought the Promaster from us. Last time I talked to him they were still using it as a rental unit.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

hogjowl

Idiot™
We bought a Promaster/Butler from him. It had trouble with throwing belts, heat damage to rubber lots of questionable issues. Not too long after that you could only get a Butler from Butler. We had previously bought a Butler from Bob Bonwell/Advantage Indy. He actually bought the Promaster from us. Last time I talked to him they were still using it as a rental unit.
So it was already hell?

Last edited:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
My first truck mount was the Bobcat 2.
Before that we had two vans working with Vibravac portables with the 16 inch back and forth brush drag tool. They were very good portables and did a better job in the apartment accounts.
The Bobcat 2 was a little small for hose runs over 150 feet. Sold it a year later for bigger blower and heavier duty Turbo Techs ... in both vans. Les was a former Engineer with HydraMaster and designed really good truck mounts which ended when he decided to run away with his Housekeeper.
Had several HydraMaster machines. My first HM direct drive started on fire when the front, very hard to get to bearings caught the engine compartment on fire...my bad...I guess. At least it was finally hot. Pre salsa.
Current line up seems good...except aluminum waste tanks and plastic water boxes...etc. Maybe that will improve with the new Ownership. Space saving design is very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Swani
I looked at a hydramaster boxxer 427 the other day. Blower is damaged apparently but engine runs and everything is still intact. Waste tank with pump out attached. I know they had lots of problems but I can get for $600. Worth refurbishing?
You can tell from the vin if the engine was the notorious head gasket blower or if it was the 2nd gen that were good. I'll check my notes from when I was doing my research but I think you want it to end in 3.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom