Hydramaster Salsa Heat

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
CDS 4.8 Salsa. Not getting great heat. Will double check on the temp relief valve, but seemed ok. Just not liking the temp around 180 after running a while. 6 years old I never looked at the salsa unit. Not a problem with hard water here ever. Time to study the manual but figured to post here as well. Anyone here a wiz. on the salsa heat exchanger?

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
CDS 4.8 Salsa. Not getting great heat. Will double check on the temp relief valve, but seemed ok. Just not liking the temp around 180 after running a while. 6 years old I never looked at the salsa unit. Not a problem with hard water here ever. Time to study the manual but figured to post here as well. Anyone here a wiz. on the salsa heat exchanger?
Check that your coolant is topped up as that will affect the heat if it's low.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If I remember correct.. There should be a in line orfice and a filter screen.. Either on the back of the waste tank where all the water lines go through.. Or behind the control panel..

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Just replaced my heat exchangers in my 2016 4.8 as I noticed water not coolant in the overflow tank in the van...No tubes anymore and a newly styled hydramaster heat exchanger was installed under the passenger seat...$2000.00 buckaroos

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Just replaced my heat exchangers in my 2016 4.8 as I noticed water not coolant in the overflow tank in the van...No tubes anymore and a newly styled hydramaster heat exchanger was installed under the passenger seat...$2000.00 buckaroos
This is awesome. I went to check out the Hydramaster site and typed in "heat exchanger". I video of exactly how to check and clean the Salsa heat exchanger is the first link. I never seen this searching other sites. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: SamIam and todg

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I cleaned the Salsa heat exchanger but don't think that would be too much loss of heat if dirty, more of a load to the blower issue, ie clutch fail. But it really wasn't bad at all but I wanted to be sure. Had to drill out the rivets but put back together with bolts. Turns out it was the 165 degree temp relief valve (composite style). I had a 180 degree (brass) valve, new, so I replaced. Did a large job and got the heat I wanted, tested the dash flow valve in different positions and seems spot on now. The tricky thing on this one was usually the 165 degree valve stays open when needs to be replaced. But this one would pass the test of vacuum clogged discharging water box into waste tank. Im getting pretty fast at taking seats out and putting back in, "modified" the electrical connection for the van seat by "removing" the lock tabs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom