Hydro Force woes...

Walt

I can't seem to keep a Hydro Force working. Which is a major pain because my regular prespray doesn't have much of an odor. So, it's hard to tell. Nothing like pre spraying a huge section only to find out it's not cleaning well. Had to use my electric sprayer.

How do I get it to prime? I cleaned the filter.

Name
George Valliant
Pull that wimpy little chemical hose off (the one that hangs down in the jug) and replace it with a fatty from Home Depot. Then, remove the chemical metering tip and run without. Your dilution ratio will be 4 to 1.

Also, switch to a chemical that's got some good smell to it like the Dynachem Powermax.

You're good to go!!!

Walt

I already pulled the metering tip. I'll try the larger size hose. I have some in my shop.

Name
George Valliant
I hope that fixes the problem. Mine did the same thing when the chemical pickup hose had a leak in it.

2100 hours on my HF (actually, i think it's a clean craft) and had to replace the gun handle twice.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Also seal that chem draw hose with a hose clamp to eliminate any air leak.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think Scott posted this once on ICS years ago.

HYDROFORCE PROBLEMS

Ten possible problems that will prevent it drawing -

1) The filter behind the QC where the water comes in gets plugged. Many folks don't even realize there is a filter there. So they never clean it. Should be cleaned every week or two for best performance.

2) Strainer behind spray jet tip clogged. Another "hidden" filter.

3) Spray tip changed to a smaller size or plugged with some powder, hard water deposits or whatever. Keep spray tip clean and replace every 6 months to a year.

4) Air leak in the draw tube that goes down into the chemical. If it is drawing air, it won't draw chemical. That plastic will eventually crack or split. Also one of the cheapest parts to replace.

5) Spring installed upside down after it was taken apart.

6) Dema valve clogged or corroded and needs to be replaced. The most expensive repair.

7) Breather hole plugged. Clean out.

8 Water nozzle clogged. This is a relatively inexpensive repair. (Replace NA0807.)

9) Metering tip clogged. Replace.

10) Acorn strainer at the bottom of the draw tube plugged.

11) Rubber O ring that ball bearing sits on is damaged. Can be flipped to finish the day or job but should be replaced.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
This is the water nozzle (Scott mentioned above) that can clog & cause some injectors to work improperly.

demanoz.jpg

It also can wear out from some formulations.

Larry

P.S. It goes in the input side. Requires a needle or compressed air to get out.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
HF are nothing but a waste of time and a PITA.

While you guys are fighting with your HF and not putting enough Spray down, Ive finished my Job with my 5 gallon elec sprayer and back-up pump-up.

Rex Tyus

Walt said:
I can't seem to keep a Hydro Force working. Which is a major pain because my regular prespray doesn't have much of an odor. So, it's hard to tell. Nothing like pre spraying a huge section only to find out it's not cleaning well. Had to use my electric sprayer.

How do I get it to prime? I cleaned the filter.

What kind of heat are putting out? If you are too hot you can replace and unclog all you want and it want matter.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
AshleyMckendree said:
HF are nothing but a waste of time and a PITA.

While you guys are fighting with your HF and not putting enough Spray down, Ive finished my Job with my 5 gallon elec sprayer and back-up pump-up.

LOL. Once every 4 years you service the hydro-force. They are faster, less expensive, less combersome (because of the concentrate), and more reliable than an electric sprayer. I hook up and spray a 250 sq ft room in less than a minute. About 10 minutes faster than an electric sprayer with it's filling, lugging, spraying at 60 psi and recharging if needed.

bill luke

I just went through this,replacing the water nozzle fixed it,a lot cheaper than a new dema valve.reverse your fittings,then hook up solution line and run pressure through it,spray into towel to catch nozzle;replace it and seal,easy fix.

Rex Tyus

Art Kelley said:
LOL. Once every 4 years you service the hydro-force. They are faster, less expensive, less combersome (because of the concentrate), and more reliable than an electric sprayer. I hook up and spray a 250 sq ft room in less than a minute. About 10 minutes faster than an electric sprayer with it's filling, lugging, spraying at 60 psi and recharging if needed.

WORD.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Give me a break,
If I'm spraying with a PITA HF, then someone cant be running the wand.

Dump pre-spray mix in 5 gallon tank, fill with hot water from TM. Done. No Clogging, and I know EXACTLY how much spray is going down on the carpet.

I clean at 600PSI on most com. jobs, and HF doesn't work well at all much over 200psi.. so you have to ADJUST your regulator several times in one job.

The original HF sprayer is awesome. The revolution sucks. If you apply carpet protector with your hydroforce, you should always run clean water through it after each use or it will clog and will not work properly. Pump and electric definetly have their place, but I would not stop using the hydroforce all together. Also, I have never had a problem with my HF at different pressures. I keep my regulator set at 400 psi and spray and clean at that pressure. You may just need a new sprayer. They only cost about 150-175.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Rex Tyus said:
[quote="Art Kelley":e1y0l3gz] LOL. Once every 4 years you service the hydro-force. They are faster, less expensive, less combersome (because of the concentrate), and more reliable than an electric sprayer. I hook up and spray a 250 sq ft room in less than a minute. About 10 minutes faster than an electric sprayer with it's filling, lugging, spraying at 60 psi and recharging if needed.

WORD.[/quote:e1y0l3gz]

word my ass...... more reliable, are you drunk???? you just HOPE they are diluting the way it is suppose to

AshleyMckendree said:
Give me a break,
If I'm spraying with a PITA HF, then someone cant be running the wand.

Dump pre-spray mix in 5 gallon tank, fill with hot water from TM. Done. No Clogging, and I know EXACTLY how much spray is going down on the carpet.

I clean at 600PSI on most com. jobs, and HF doesn't work well at all much over 200psi.. so you have to ADJUST your regulator several times in one job.

WORD TO YOUR MUTHA

Rex Tyus

Let me say this, I understand the reasons high heat truckmount users don't like or use the HF. I even understand why the anul retentive "I need to know EXACTLY how much prespray I am putting down types" don't like them. But as for me, I have the ability to run two solution hoses at 2 different temps. The HF is the only way to go for production work. They work for YEARS with no maintenance. It puts down the juice hot and fast.

I had to clean with out my HF one day as my primary and my back up went out on the same day(after 5 YEARS of uninterupted service). WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS to try and precondition carpet without it.

Even I don't advocate the HF for protector or moisture sensitive Furniture or fabric. This is the beauty of the free market. Some will, some won't, some would, and some just don't have a clue. :mrgreen:

I have been known to partake in the ALE. However tonight is not one of those nights. I certainly am not drunk.......yet!

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I have had this problem with two inline sprayers. My old spray tip gets worn so I decide to replace it. Then the dang thing won't draw up the chemical. It seems like when they get old enough, it just needs a larger orifice to draw chemical. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Rex Tyus

Replace a worn HF spray tip? :shock: OMG man why would you do that? The more worn they get the better they work. :mrgreen:

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
admiralclean said:
I like my Hydroforce, but it's hard to use at 500 psi in a bed room without spraying the bed covers and furniture, etc.

Turn the ball valve on your solution hose off.
Squeeze the hydro handle to full open.
Slowly open the ball valve to the desired flow.
No more soaking.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My tech's complain about the same thing, but the reality is in most of the homes we clean in, the carpet does not need to be preconditioned from edge to edge.

We train them to just spray the traffic areas, yet more often than not they still feel the need to spray areas that would come clean without the need for pre-conditioning.

Waste of chems, time and chance of collateral damage. :x

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
admiralclean said:
I like my Hydroforce, but it's hard to use at 500 psi in a bed room without spraying the bed covers and furniture, etc.
:shock:
pardon the french but wtf are you doing with it!!!!!

As for no one wanding when I'm spraying, well, since I work alone, no one better be wanding. I've had no problems with my HF's for the past couple years. I make sure the solns are well mixed. Come to think of it, I started using O2 a couple years ago. Perhaps the rinse keeps things clean.

I used my Omni on one room. I realized I was just piddling the top of the carpet with a bit of prespray. No penetration, no heat, and not a hec of a lot of moisture (dries quicker). I guess if I worked one room at a time, but then there isn't a lot of dwell time.
The other is either carrying or wheeling 5 gals all over the place. Pretty heavy. But you'll need 5 gal cause anything less will need to be refilled 2 or 3 times in a job.
We each find something that works for us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom