Hydro Genie PTO (Steam Genie) White Magic Van Engine fits

Name
Danny
Hello fellow carpet cleaners! I'm new to the forum but I've heard great things about this community and I'm hoping I can get some help.
I've recently came across a Hydro Genie PTO unit that I can use. It's currently installed in an old (really old) Ford van that I'm looking to replace.
My question is - what van/engine configuration should I look for? It's currently on a V8 5.8L but I've noticed that the serpentine belt configuration varies even on the same engine with different year models, so I want to make sure I'm buying something that can accommodate the unit!

Hope someone here has experience with those units and would be able to advise me!
Thank you

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
listen here Richard....if one goes to a steel supply shop and buys a coupla 20 ' stock of angle...
then cuts and fabricates a complete frame..THEN waterjets the instrument panel and all the panels as well....
THEN buys and installs new gauges with a new wiring harness...THEN installs a brand new Roots 47 blower and Wanner pump....
THE DAMN THING IS BRAND NEW!!!!:stir:jus lik Chris'

bestfrontmachine.jpg

Ohh and Danny...buy it...it's the best damn machine ever made! chances are that it'a a 45 blower...but if you buy a 47 Roots (about $1675.00) and turn the legs around...it fits perfect...
don't buy it unless the waste tank comes with it.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
If that rig is in lake Placid ca.

We gonna Fight you hoodlum!

Buy it before I do : )
: )

TheSteamGenieTN
Chris Lee

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Thanks Bob, I will look into specs.
Would you weigh in on my original question about the van Engine configuration please?

Danny...do you know which way to turn a wrench? If so...it'll fit!

i stopped building them....but i have some driveshaft mounts i built as spares

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Danny...do you know which way to turn a wrench? If so...it'll fit!

i stopped building them....but i have some driveshaft mounts i built as spares

Shhhhhhudddd it : )

Mine All Mine U, I am the adopted One : )

Name
Danny
Ok, let me see if I'm getting this right.
The shaft goes in place of AC compressor ONLY, but it doesn't matter what engine the van has - whether it's V6 or V8 any year. Correct?

Name
Danny
I'm not saying I'm buying a 6cyl - just trying to clarify things to make sure I get things right.
V8 sounds better to me too ;)
Have you seen those units installed on latest Ford body/engine configurations?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I'm not saying I'm buying a 6cyl - just trying to clarify things to make sure I get things right.
V8 sounds better to me too ;)
Have you seen those units installed on latest Ford body/engine configurations?

I can put one in any year ya want fir the right amount a money : )

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
and the torch is passed....
don burn yorsef little buddy...............

Found a used Butler for the same price, a little fancier van but still scrap.

I keep finding parts local, with your help Mr Bawb : )

I is gonna start a Bon fire buddy!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
So, with the SteamGenie, you have no AC? I run a AquaTech shaft-drive, couldn't imagine no air.

I have plenty of AC, rarely need the heater in the winter just defrost mostly.

And welcome To 'The Worlds Greatest Carpet Cleaning Forum" , most informative to0 : )

Chris

Last edited:

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
From what has been said here, I was under the impression that you would have no A/C at all with the SteamGenie installation. Sounds like I misread something or the other. Yes/No?

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
Lee, I know that Aqua-Tech was bought out by Cleanco some time ago. My first unit was a 1998 Chev 2500. As far as being the one to write a history on TMs in Canada, I wouldn't be the right candidate.

Tim Go

Name
Tim Borsa
Hello fellow carpet cleaners! I'm new to the forum but I've heard great things about this community and I'm hoping I can get some help.
I've recently came across a Hydro Genie PTO unit that I can use. It's currently installed in an old (really old) Ford van that I'm looking to replace.
My question is - what van/engine configuration should I look for? It's currently on a V8 5.8L but I've noticed that the serpentine belt configuration varies even on the same engine with different year models, so I want to make sure I'm buying something that can accommodate the unit!

Hope someone here has experience with those units and would be able to advise me!
Thank you
If you still need help w/ this project contact me. I am in So. Cal. I have a direct PTO Steam Genie since 1986. I transferred from a 75 Ford to a 08 Chevy. I bought a drive from white magic to fit the new van and adapted to machine.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom