Hydroforce Bucket Test

Farenheit251

I have tried a lot of presprays last 2 months and been disappointed. Decided to bucket test my hydroforce with no metering tip which I thought was 4-1. Water was reasonably cool as machine wasnt run 3 hours prior. At 300 psi using a lite dilution of prespray measured out with a gallon jug I got 11 gallons sprayed into buckets. No wonder my presprays havent been working well. I put in a rebuild kit and new jet last month.

Is this fixable? 11-1 is a bit tough disolving powders. I am wondering if it is supposed to be 4-1 and is 11-1 today what is it tomorrow?

Greenie

Rebuild kit?
The dema valve body it's self has wobbled out, you need a new dema.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
11 to 1 is not a bad dilution ratio, just double up your powder strength, The ratio is not going to change anytime soon. The hydro-force is very predictable. I have five and each has their own personality. My main one really sprays down fast without a metering tip the ratio is 10 to 1. I use Grease Eraser with 6 to 9 oz per 5 qt water.

Walt

Captain Cleantastic said:
I have tried a lot of presprays last 2 months and been disappointed. Decided to bucket test my hydroforce with no metering tip which I thought was 4-1. Water was reasonably cool as machine wasnt run 3 hours prior. At 300 psi using a lite dilution of prespray measured out with a gallon jug I got 11 gallons sprayed into buckets. No wonder my presprays havent been working well. I put in a rebuild kit and new jet last month.

Is this fixable? 11-1 is a bit tough disolving powders. I am wondering if it is supposed to be 4-1 and is 11-1 today what is it tomorrow?

Everybody should do the bucket test. I've replaced seals, dema valves and the entire unit a couple of times. The only way I can keep consistent is to turn the heat off. Nary a problem since.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steve in Omaha said:
Soooo all those little different colored tips are fiction?

pretty much....in that there are so many variables that effect the draw
ie..solution temps, PSI, chem viscosity, etc

they're a great tool for some jobs.... WHEN they work right.
but I've found them to be far too inconsistent.
I prefer to know exactly what my dilution rate is every time ...and not "guess" if it's drawing right from one job to another.
(or even one room to another!)

and they won't draw at all if your TM makes hot water

using powders are PITA with them too unless you mix pee water weak..

other than that, they're wonderful..... :roll:

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom