Hydroforce revolution accuracy

KBRENNY

After seeing so much debate about the accuracy of hydroforce adjustable sprayers I decided to actually test mine. I tested after a rebuild kit by measuring the amount of solution put into the jug and the total amount made once the jug was empty. I did this on two different occasions weeks apart to make sure the numbers were accurate.
These are some real accuracy numbers from my hydroforce revolution.
The testing was done at 500 psi, 245 - 235 atm, 225 - 215 atw, using a live reel with 275' of 1/4" parker parflex solution hose.

DIAL - ACTUAL
4:1 - 4.5:1
6:1 - 4.75:1
8:1 - 5:1
12:1 - 5.25:1
16:1 - 6:1
24:1 - 8:1
32:1 - 11:1
64:1 - 14:1

Just thought some of you might find this interesting. I have now labeled my hydroforce with the correct numbers so I will know when using it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Factory calibration is set at 400 PSI and 150 degrees at the wand.

Higher pressure and / or higher temps will effect the dilution rate as indicated by the figures posted above. There will only be a small change when the temperature increase from 150 to 180, but above 180 degrees the increase can be rather dramatic.

The instruction sheet provided with the Revolution shows how to recalibrate, but the calibration will still only be correct at 400 PSI 150 degrees.

If you want to see result for the particular temperature, pressure and other variables you are using, put a measured amount of colored water in the jug - say 1 cup. Then spray into a 5 gallon bucket until the premeasured liquid has been used up. Measure what is in the bucket to find the dilution ratio.

Scott Warrington

Back
Top Bottom