Hypro Pump Issues

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
My pressure gauge reads 400 at the mount and sometimes the needle jiggles above and below it. When I key the trigger, it drops to 200psi. Every time I let go, it shoots back up to 400psi. There are times where the parflex hose jiggles and whacks the hard surface from vibration.

Do I have something stuck in my valves? Cracked cages? Are the rubber seals ripped or cracked. Any ideas out there?

I descaled my system yesterday and it does the same exact thing.

Thanks !!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
How old is the pump. My hypro never went many hours before I had to replace the seals. It had similar symptoms. The oring on the check valve lost a chunk and waters bypassing it. Two things that come to mind.
I'll assume that your inlet filter isn't clogged and you have good water flow.

Gene

Reactions: Able 1

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Inlet screen is huge n clean. pump is 2 years old. holds pretty good at 400 and jumps back pretty good .. but when I open it up it drops to 200. I just got my replacement pump in the mail today but dont want to change it out if I can fix this one. Hypro 2345B-P 2500psi 4.8 gal per min running at 1725 rpms $415 at Windtrax.com - cheaper than rebuilding the whole thing.

Able 1

Name
Keith
What kind of regulator are you using, or is it an unloader?

And what machine are we talking about?

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
image.jpg
Halcyon Hurricane TM

The TM came with a 600psi brass regulator .. I replaced it with a 1200 years ago

Able 1

Name
Keith
Are you thinking lubing the bullet in the regulator may be the way to fix it?
I was thinking that but I haven't had a problem (or have I worked on) the unloader above.. I do have 4,000 hours on it and haven't touched it. .

Reactions: Spurlington

Able 1

Name
Keith
At $415, just put it on and see if things change.. If it fixes it take the other one apart and see if you can fix it for a back up..

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
There are times where the parflex hose jiggles and whacks the hard surface from vibration.

My pressure gauge reads 400 at the mount and sometimes the needle jiggles above and below it.

When I had issues like you described, it was an air leak at a brass fitting not allowing the cat pump to completely prime(parker hose bouncing).

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I ordered some check valves from jondon - $38. Im gonna change them out before trying to replace the pump. Replacing the pump is not as easy as it sounds. Ive done it two or 3 times in the last 12 years of this machines life. If the check valves dont solve it, Ill replace the seals next. If a no go then Ill replace the pump.

Im using Oxygen Release Emulcifier from Proschoice and I remember being warned about letting the detergent get to hot because it may cause vapor locking. (no step injecter)(detergent mixed in fresh tank) My water gets ridicously hot after a few times of dumping back into the fresh tank from the heat exchanger. The excessive heat and the oxygenated detergent are probably creating a condition which simulates running a pump dry causing rubber seals to go Im guessing.

Maybe Ill have the solenoid dump into my waste tank. Or have John make me an exhaust diverter. I love my super hot but not when its gonna damage shit.

Thanks for all of the input

Reactions: dgardner
Name
Nate W.
I ordered some check valves from jondon - $38. Im gonna change them out before trying to replace the pump. Replacing the pump is not as easy as it sounds. Ive done it two or 3 times in the last 12 years of this machines life. If the check valves dont solve it, Ill replace the seals next. If a no go then Ill replace the pump.

Im using Oxygen Release Emulcifier from Proschoice and I remember being warned about letting the detergent get to hot because it may cause vapor locking. (no step injecter)(detergent mixed in fresh tank) My water gets ridicously hot after a few times of dumping back into the fresh tank from the heat exchanger. The excessive heat and the oxygenated detergent are probably creating a condition which simulates running a pump dry causing rubber seals to go Im guessing.

Maybe Ill have the solenoid dump into my waste tank. Or have John make me an exhaust diverter. I love my super hot but not when its gonna damage shit.

Thanks for all of the input

Or you could use a small radiator with a fan to cool the water coming out of the HX to the FW tank.... I could take some of the heat down.... Wasting water and solution sucks if you ask me.... Or do the @Lee Stockwell and have a 50' hose that goes from the HX to FW tank... The water will lose heat through the hose and cool down some before dumping back into the FW tank....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Paul before you go through all that check the oring on the solution outlet check valve. If it's leaking past the oring it will give you the symptoms your describing. The oring on the very end of the check valve. It's a part that gets over looked. Number 7. It will cause your solution meter to flow slightly also but sometimes not enough to show.

Gene
image.jpg

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Sounds a lot like a stuck valve to me - the remaining pistons can get the pressure up but can't maintain it when there is flow.....

Dan hit the nail on the head !! I pulled out the check valves and the plate that rides up and down seated above the spring wore down the side frame enough to cause a lip which the plate got stuck under leaving an opening up top. 3 out of 6 had a lip - 1 more than the 2nd which was more than the 3rd. 1 was caught under the lip, 2 snagged but did spring back and 3 was occassional snag. I replaced all 6 and pressure is rockin !!

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
You can see the circle looking from the top is off center in pic 1 .. see the lean in pic 2 .. pic 3 you can see the side worn down creating a lip
Check Valve 1.JPG
Check Valve 2.JPG
Check Valve 3.JPG

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Thanks Dan .. $38 and less than an hour replacing it without removing the pump off the TM !!

Although I do have a brand new pump that I did buy just in case .. if sitting around for a couple of years would be fine, Id keep it. If not, Im going to sell it ..

Thanks to all input !!

Name
Nate W.
Thanks Dan .. $38 and less than an hour replacing it without removing the pump off the TM !!

Although I do have a brand new pump that I did buy just in case .. if sitting around for a couple of years would be fine, Id keep it. If not, Im going to sell it ..

Thanks to all input !!

Glad to hear you got it fixed..

I would have replaced it with the new one and rebuilt the old one as a spare... A pump to me is a wear item and it's pretty cheap to replace given the amount of money it generates for me..

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I would have never guessed. never had those go bad. My first machine had a hypro pump and the nut would fall off of the plunger rod. Completely destroyed them, other than that I've never had a problem. Just cursed myself didn't I.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom