I am gonna do it

Lonny

Supportive Member
I am going to add another vac to the EDIC. The plan is to have 2 sets of 3 stage motors run in series, each with its own air feed into the waste tank-I gotta set the #2 up. I will have them on their own switches so that when switch one is flipped one vac from each set is on, then switch two will control the other set. The pump will need to be on its own circuit now though. SO, the question is, which vac motor should I go with? I am mostly concerned with amperage draw here.
Thanks!

Name
Nate W.
The only draw back I can see (right now) is, If 1 vac motor goes bad, how will you know? I have the ear to know when something shuts off on one of my portables when cleaning. I do use a inline booster I just got and it's freakin awesome the difference.

Greenie

Instead of pumping money into a potential project like this, just follow Nate's lead and find someone with a good used INLINE vacuum booster, it won't cost much more and you will have NO wiring/fire issues. And because of the very nature of how the booster is used, it will give you the better return on investement than a vac back at the base extractor, and you can plug it in away from your power hungry base extractor.

There is one for sale cheap in the SwapMeAt...I also know of a guy who is replacing the small 3 stage that comes in one with a larger 3 stage, and it's for sale for not much more.

Greenie

The more I thought on this, you already have 2 three stage vacs in series (probably a lamb 765) you don't need any more lift, you need another 100cfm closer to the wand.
Cutting another hole in tank, adding a stack pipe and float, wiring, ducting, etc....you would be much better off to leave the machine and get a booster.

Lonny

Supportive Member
Greenie, you are prolly right. I have 3 vacs in there now, one in parallel, and the 2 stockers in series. I just wanted to balance the thing out so I don't kill that poor third so quickly. I also am not terribly excited about carrying more equipment into someone's house than the porty, wands, sprayer, and hoses. I really would rather save the set up time. I am running the 2" hose you sold me and thought this would free up a significant amount of cfm- is that a poor evaluation?

Greenie

well.....if you think you can cram another vac in there...it would be bad ass with four 3 stage vacs, 2 in series, 2 in parallel.

you are smarter than the average bear, so g'head.

how many cords will that make?

Lonny

Supportive Member
er a couple :mrgreen: 3 without heater cord. I figure I should put that closer to the wand anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom