I can’t get used to the hood up look

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
On cds or direct drives. I know it’s s good layout and design for our industry, but it looks sloppy, and broke down. What happens if it’s raining?

Can’t these big boys come up with s better ventilation method? Race car hoods? Some way to flop down the glove box with a fan to blow out the heat? Anything?

Am I the only one who thinks this when I see the pictures?

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I may not have one, doesn't mean I haven't seen one. In what part in the butler or cds , etc... are ya talking about getting rained? I thought most direct drive can be operated with door shut and hose going through the hole...

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
A local cleaner in my town has a SS1200. On hot days I see him cleaning with his hood up. It's unfortunate, but I guess it's what you gotta do to keep things cool.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A local cleaner in my town has a SS1200. On hot days I see him cleaning with his hood up. It's unfortunate, but I guess it's what you gotta do to keep things cool.
Probably doesnt help. My cds in the astrovan has a little fan in what looks white abs tubing to help keep it cool. So far I've run it for 4 hours straight with no over heating. Outside temperature was 85 degrees f

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Never ran a cds unit but there are additives like blue ice etc with higher boiling point that give more cooling ability over standard antifreeze.

I used to run it in my performance orientated offroad bikes on tight tracks where you couldnt keep the bike moving fast enough to keep it cool on airflow alone

It also wouldnt be hard to plumb another intercooler style radiator in front of main one for extra capacity and more exposure/cooling to airflow.. as I said never run 1 so my viewpoint isn't based on real world experience

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
all you need to do is put a 12-volt radiator fan on the outside of the radiator just behind the grill.....wire it to a switch on the dash...that way you can use it when it is hot out and not in the winter...wire it so when you shut off the key it kills the power so you don't leave it on...this helps push more air into the radiator and engine compartment...( like driving does )...and helps keep things more cool.....

Chris A

Name
Chris
IMG_20180705_100949.jpg

9.5 years and 12000 combined hours on the van engine (6k on the CDs), never had the hood up. It consistently gets to 90 and above here in the summer

Reactions: Cleanworks

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm not sure, I have two pro 1200ses also, one with 2000 hours the other 750 and neither of them have had overheating issues

Reactions: BIG WOOD

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We kept the hoods up on Dodge-era vans because there was an electronic component in the engine compartment that would overheat.

That's no longer a problem, but better airflow is never a bad thing. Rubber/soft plastic parts will last longer.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom