I can’t get used to the hood up look

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That's good to know.

Did Cleanco, Hydramaster, and Sapphire just read Mark's post?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the fan shroud is designed to direct the airflow back around the engine compartment...it forces the air back ...
once you open the hood the air is forced out the top and not back where it needs to go...

If I am correct...butler made their fans direct so they are pulling way more air flow...( kinda just like adding that extra fan ).......

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
That's good to know.

Did Cleanco, Hydramaster, and Sapphire just read Mark's post?

Butler design of fan is changed and different....

They pull way more air, and have a few simple modifications that make it pull the air to cool everything in the motor compartment, the transmission, fuel pump...you can feel air all the way to the back of the van.

In Vegas in 2015, we ran our new Butler hard....110 degree heat, and I basically fired it up and ran it hard during the show for a pretty strong 4 hours a day....no problems.

I had almost 16 hours on the new Butler before it made it to Minnesota.....

Heat is not a worry of mine these days with a Butler...

They even have special belts they have worked on for hotter environments such as Texas hot heat.....another reason, I just by the belts from Butler too.....matched sets...and made for high temps.

steve_64

That's good to know if I ever get mine back from Genny.

Something I noticed commuting to Chicago for years...cars overheat when they aren't moving. And with all the computers in vehicles today I imagine heat can do damage over time.

My WM runs cooler with the hood up on hot days but I haven't done it this year yet.

Mama Fen

Name
Amy Barnes
Here in North Kackalackey, we're consistently hitting 90-plus degrees with ridiculous humidity... and not one of my guys is flashing his engine at passers-by. No hoods up here, sorry.

The biggest problem we run into down here is water boxes filling up and dumping because the water's getting too darn hot. Dropping the heat to its lowest setting on a hot summer day can save you a lot of aggravation with the bigger units. They'll still crank out 210 or better thanks to ambient temps.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I’ve never overheated. This is one of those things us geeks obsess over...that is completely fabricated.

Clean on...even in the rain.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
On cds or direct drives. I know it’s s good layout and design for our industry, but it looks sloppy, and broke down. What happens if it’s raining?

Can’t these big boys come up with s better ventilation method? Race car hoods? Some way to flop down the glove box with a fan to blow out the heat? Anything?

Am I the only one who thinks this when I see the pictures?

Matt yor making me believe theres no hope for you.....
if you have a TM that needs the hood up..
YOU gots the wrong TM

have you given any thought to becoming a painter or perhaps a live in nanny?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Matt yor making me believe theres no hope for you.....
if you have a TM that needs the hood up..
YOU gots the wrong TM

have you given any thought to becoming a painter or perhaps a live in nanny?
Be nice to Matt, He's had an extremely bad day. But I'll let him share that story.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
UGH! Ok
The lovely world of Comcast cables installed too low, out of code for my truck to grab and pull. $600 wasted

C3D1250C-5E2D-433E-84E0-AD7BCFA90116.jpeg 357D4E0C-2324-4E38-931C-94F05CF43C0B.jpeg 9CCA3DC8-B732-40E8-8C74-56D99FEBE18C.jpeg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dayum :eekk::dejection:

yanked elect meter off

if $600 is all it cost to get that squared away, you're lucky

was gutter and roof facia trashed too?

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom