I di a small temp test

G

All you folks who say that your Truck Mounts at 230 all the time, I think you may be wishing it did.

Your in a house and set the wand down to go to the truck, it takes you say 20 to 30 sec. (maybe longer) to get to your truck. That time can make a difference in heat and cause the unit to raise the temp.

I did and little test at a rental, 24 degrees that day.
Truck parked outside and large window, truck was on sidewalk next to window and I could see the unit. Prochem Apex at 425 psi, I would trigger the wand and clean a small area . temp would drop to 200, let up on the wand and it took 25 sec. for the unit to rise back up to 235.
Another 20 seconds on the wand and it dropped, waited again and it took another 25 or so sec.

I read some one say that they ran 2 Rx20 over 600' at stayed at 230, by the time you walked back 600' the temp jumped back up.
Plus you have to look at how cold is it out, close the doors on your van the best you can to help retain temp. How about the cold ground the hoses are laying on.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yup more so for the exchange units....fuel fired units will actually heat up, because the water is moving through the flame....and heating up, rather then if water was sitting there for the 30 secs or so, that would only give you a burst of hot water... were as exchange units cycle it....

lie detector one of the next things i buy

go spend the $15 or so on a psi gage to hook in-line at the wand to see what TRUE reading is there

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have a fuel fired burner that makes mega heat.

The real shocker is what you get to the "fiber"

I haven't checked what it is since installing jet extenders and larger flow jets on our Ti, but did some temp tests ATF a summer or two ago with a quick rise digital candy thermometer.

272 ATM, 450psi, 100ft of line, summer air temps, 06 flow on a stock Ti wand delivered 182 to the fiber.
Thermometer was on the carpet under the let spray.

I did some winter temp tests one a few years ago with our 2 jet wands.
280+ ATM, low 20s air temp, 125ft of line appx 30ft across a cold parking lot from van to entrance.
04 flow jetted wand was in the 128 range ATF.
06 jetted wand was in the 140s.

..L.T.A.

Mike Brummett

The Powermatic is the undisputed world champion of heat output and consistency. There is simply nothing better. :!:

If you have an HX unit and buy a lie detector and check the temp at the end of a typical 100 ft. run, I promise you will be surprised and probably a bit disappointed in what you find.

I'm pretty sure that Steamway started the whole lie detector thing a few years back.

MIKE

Greenie

90º - 140º drop from machine to fiber tells the tale.

When I was doing some impromptu testing with thermoplastic line and 09 flow, it actually only dropped about 25-30º ATW from the machine temp, it was the atomized spray that had a huge drop, and it would have been worse if the jets weren't 1" off the fiber.

Take note of Meat's 04 wand and 06 wand heat test...the one that flowed more actually was hotter at the fiber.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
greenie you have ruined me....hahaha

I now am looking at things totally differently, which we talked about a while ago...

so now the question is.....

WHEN WILL THE REST OF YOU?????

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Temperature usually varies greatly from truck to truck.
We will usually notice a bit of a difference this time of year
especially this time of year.I have not seen to many units
run any were (ATW) as the truck mount says its at.

All The Best, Rob

G

Its about time that you guys learn that these people who have 260-280 degree TM are full of shit when they say they are cleaning that.

I can pegg the ol' temp gauge out at 240-245 ish. Its a far cry from 240 AT THE WAND.

This is the biggest thing I learned at Mikeys last year is the meaning of HEAT and HOW to get it there.

Hopefully 50% of the people on the board will catch on instead of 3%.

Chad

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
while i don't know the exact numbers i would guess not much, due to the cupping action of the RV, when i run one and have the heat cranking...the wand handle is ALOT hotter from the RV, vs the standard wand...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
depending on conditions, length and type of solution line, you can loose 30* or more just from TM to tool under "normal" on/off cleaning duty cycle.

Most TMs can make a wand or tool "pop".
It's when you hear the spray start making a "tearing" sound and HISSSS after you let off the trigger is when your hitting the mega temps ATW.

..L.T.A.

GRHeacock

Myself and others did some tests a while back about how much heat is lost in travel through the air.

Mine was 15 degrees for every inch of travel through the air.

So, the jet closer to the carpet, the less heat loss.

But there is a limit, where too close and too high pressure can bloom the fiber tips, so ya gotta take that into consideration.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom