I don't know about you guys, but

Cameron1

It seems like we dispose of thousands of gallon jugs each year. There has got to be a way to get these recycled other than hauling them to the recycle center.

I wonder if Jondon or interlink would start a National campaign to get these jugs back into their production lines.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
does your city not have curbside recycling? Most in metro detroit do and we also have a 6yd recycle hopper at office where we recycle all plastics, cardboard, office paper etc. (even phonebooks). Talk to your city- I don't think it should be the suppliers job.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Not the supplier's job...but a nice add on to the customer service part of the biz.

I was just thinking about that the other day ....As far as recycling and what would make it easier.

We have a big recycling bin so it's easy for me here. But everywhere else is an issue and I would bet they just get thrown away more times that not.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I am amazed there is not curbside recycling everywhere in this day and age.

If suppliers started doing this there either has to be a ROI on it or they will need to pass on the cost.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian R said:
But everywhere else is an issue and I would bet they just get thrown away more times that not.

p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmmpeHcxCj8p]

you knew it was coming, right??

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

.L.T.A.

Bjorn

recycling is BS and you all believe it brain washed

Listen to the first person and how brain washed she is

g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzLebC0mjCQg]

joe harper

Name
joe harper
The more practical solution to this problem...IS...!

For chemical manufacturers to sell a more CONCENTRATED product... :idea:

I have a distributor that sells me..ULTRA-CONCENTRATE..!!!!!!
"1 gal makes 128 gallons of RTU pre-spray "..... :shock:

This not only saves on the "plastic issue"....But a TON on freight.. !gotcha!

I think that there is a MENTAL BLOCK...for cleaners to pay a HIGHER PRICE per gallon..
Than taking the TIME...to realize the RTU product "contained" in the gallon JUG... :roll:

Many cleaner's ...perceive they are getting more product... "When receiving a CASE of
Product."....compared to ONE JUG..... :shock:

"NOT A SHILL POST HERE".....But many here perceive that JUDSON products are TOO pricey
without doing the MATH..! "1 gal of Judson Juice...creates 64 gallons of RTU pre-spray."
"THAT ACTUALLY CLEANS..!!!!"

A case of "JJ"..will cost you aprox $160.00...producing 256 gallons of RTU "effective pre-spray"
Where as most pre-sprays...will only YEILD 64 gallons..."PER CASE"... :oops:

So....you would need to purchase 4 CASES of most pre-spray..To equal 1 CASE of "JJ".. :idea:

ps...I pay..$600.00 per case for the ULTRA-CONCENTRATED product...:shock::shock: :shock:

Bob Foster

Odin said:
recycling is BS and you all believe it brain washed

Listen to the first person and how brain washed she is

6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzLebC0mjCQ6]

I say bullshit back Terje. Next you're going to say the people demand that they should take away public garbage cans too.

People who dispense products in recyclable containers should be obligated to take any container they sold back. We have a local chain that does it with almost everything they sell and it has been a really big success. These people have the proper bailers and shredders to effectively handle their "responsibilities".

In my province, if you sell any bottled or canned beverage you are legally compelled to take the empties back and pay back the recycle deposit. It's against the law to refuse it.

I have personally seen on at least three occasions garbage flotsam like the one below.

oceangarb.jpg

Bjorn

having trash where it's not supposed to be has nothing to do with recycling

your a brain washed little twit

riot7.jpg

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Interlink supplu in Salt Lake City takes your old containers and recycles them.

Bob Foster

Will they recycle a grumpy old carpet cleaner like Terje. I think he must of bought something from them at least once.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Recycling does incur extra expenses.

We at one point tried recycling our 5 Gal. polyethylene containers.
They cost ~$3 each, so we thought we could refill them economically.

We tried the recycling for several months with the customer getting $1 back for refilling the container.

It was a money-losing operation. Some containers were difficult to clean.
Some containers had leaks that wasted product. Some just looked too bad.

That was at $2 savings per container. That same container is only worth a few cents to an actual recycler.

We still recycle 55 gal. polyethylene drums in our plant.
They can be sold for a few dollars each in most cities.

Of all the items I see recycled, only TWO have real economic value.

One is the aluminum cans, as mentioned in the video.

Second are PET plastic bottles from soft drinks & water bottles.

Most of the other items are just thrown into the waste stream . . .

OR some third party is paid to recycle the items.

Economics determines exactly what is worth recycling .

We should always try to minimize packaging waste.

Concentrates are another way to minimize packaging.

Larry

P.S. I have spent some time at the largest scrap yard in Dallas,
and it staggers the imagination to see all the "new or useful" items that are thrown away.
They did over $700 million in sales last year.

Cameron1

P.S. I have spent some time at the largest scrap yard in Dallas,
and it staggers the imagination to see all the "new or useful" items that are thrown away.[/quote]
Was that time spent doing community service Larry?

Just kidding....thanks for the information

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh there are so many ways to look at this......

i thought the same thing about my wax and stripper bottles years ago.....just take a few minutes of your time, once a week and take them in...hell it dont take that long....

now with that said, they started recycling around here...though not curb side :x :x :x :x :x but built a nice building that has things all seperated out...card board, milk jugs, bottles etc. heres a nice little page for them http://www.wasatchintegrated.org/

we have an advantage that our "trash" gets burned...sooo it doesnt fill up the space nearly as much....

where we use to live north of us...now has to be trained out and dumped somewhere else.....dont care what you say WE ALL USE SHIT AND IT HAS TO GO SOMEWHERE....

any how.....our family of 7, can go 2 weeks (when dad forgets to put put trash can :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ) before our can is full.....because we seperate our milk jugs, and cardboard out......

and for Larry....you will be happy to know some of your old buckets will be used for portable shit cans :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If we ever have a disaster....my wife organized buying toilet seats and i had ubber buckets around i gave to people who wanted them.... So they got recycled :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom