I fooked up a $2100 job!

Papa

So I cleaned 2 stories of 4 inch spanish tile, some indoor some out. The outdoor I cleaned but didn't do much of anything in regards to restoration... still lots of hard water stains that I'm told can be taken out by muriatic/hydrochloric acid (will this cause damage to my equipment?) Half of the tile was covered in some sort of wax that I removed with viper venom and I't looked good ... much oranger how I would think that it looked when it was new. The owner liked the more glossy look it had before but during the estimate pointed out the fact that they wanted the build up removed. Is there a product that I can coat the tile with to make it more glossy? The other half did not have wax on it so the stripper had no real effect on it so I only used the 12ph cleaner on it but left it very streaky. I know that the problem is mostly chemistry related... any suggestions? I worked long enough to justify the $2100 but the results are less then I hoped for. Any advice would be awesome!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I'm sure Mikey will set you on the right path. There are lots of acid cleaners that will work well for the application other than hydrochloric. I like zep shower and tile cleaner. It’s about $7.00 a gal but you may need to use a defoamer. If the customer wants shiny concrete finish may be the way to go. Ron loves that ultra-chem. Stuff, but it pricy. Good luck.

G

Papa said:
So I cleaned 2 stories of 4 inch spanish tile, some indoor some out. The outdoor I cleaned but didn't do much of anything in regards to restoration... still lots of hard water stains that I'm told can be taken out by muriatic/hydrochloric acid (will this cause damage to my equipment?) Half of the tile was covered in some sort of wax that I removed with viper venom and I't looked good ... much oranger how I would think that it looked when it was new. The owner liked the more glossy look it had before but during the estimate pointed out the fact that they wanted the build up removed. Is there a product that I can coat the tile with to make it more glossy? The other half did not have wax on it so the stripper had no real effect on it so I only used the 12ph cleaner on it but left it very streaky. I know that the problem is mostly chemistry related... any suggestions? I worked long enough to justify the $2100 but the results are less then I hoped for. Any advice would be awesome!

Did you try Viper Venom's Restore??

Papa

Hey Mike, thanks for talking to me about this one. I think I'm just going to write this one off as a learning experience. Overall it turned out pretty damn good but I think the old lady had enough of us being in her house to be up for us to fix some of the problems that still existed. It sucks to put in that much work and not make any money but at least I can bid a job like this with a little more confidence.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom