I gave them a bid a year ago to strip and wax..

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Discovering SPPs was a game changer for me. Running them under a Cimex Diamond Finisher and 70# of additional weight was even more so.

Anyone ever try those Twister pads?

C8042A4A-A143-4F3C-8FF3-16F52798B3E7.jpeg

Mikey P

Administrator
So I stopped by today to get my free bagels and coffee and when it comes time for her to hand me the cash, guess which price she remembers from our very visible online... Screenshot_20230613-124041.pngScreenshot_20230613-124052.png

Reactions: AlienAgent

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Spp’s are pretty aggressive if you use them like stripping. Flood the floor with a 175 and neutral cleaner in a tank. Once you get vacuumed up, you can see if some might not be off. Take a square to those areas dry. Easy peasy.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I discovered that the Cimex still doesn’t do as well as a 175 imo. You can’t heel it to get tough marks or areas like a 175. I’ve used both, and the 175 is still King imo. I thought I would use my old Cimex for that, but I abandoned that idea.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Unless you know something that I don't about the parties involved..attempting to accomodate people who whine about the cost of fixing things is like trying to appease terrorists

I refer you back to the cautions I gave you when this first came up.
I read a book by, and later attended a class taught by Larry Steinmetz.

This was his summary of why you don't want to do business with "price buyers":

According to Dr. Steinmetz:

1. They take all of your time.

2. The do all the complaining.

3. They forget to pay you.

4. They tell your other customers how little they paid.

5. They will only order from you again if your price is too low.

6. They destroy your price credibility.

7. They won't hesitate to lie and steal from you.

Let me add this one:

8. They will complain the loudest and be the most unreasonable about any complaints related to you or your service. (See also Mr Ladwig's observation above)

There are people beyond even your boyish, ladykiller charm Michael

I predict trouble

I hope I'm wrong....

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I discovered that the Cimex still doesn’t do as well as a 175 imo. You can’t heel it to get tough marks or areas like a 175. I’ve used both, and the 175 is still King imo. I thought I would use my old Cimex for that, but I abandoned that idea.
Add 70# to the front and increase the rpms and it does great. The one I’m using for VCT is a stone polisher model. The 175 does way better than the standard issue Cimex for sure though.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Some pics from yesterday’s job.

We used SPPs under the Cimex Diamond Finisher plus 70 pounds of weights, Zep Neutral Cleaner 2 opg, and Spartan iShine for the finish. The finish is dry and walkable in these pics.

View attachment 123027 View attachment 123028 View attachment 123029 View attachment 123030
I remember Jim's post about regulars picking fly shit out of pepper (with boxing gloves) - BUT - are you going to wax the cove base? Nice job Joe! Armstrong excelon 0.80 gauge I bet.

Name
Nate W.
Butyl based prespray, chlorinated solvent spotters and cleaners, and kerosene are the smells of my teen age years and my 20s when I lived on the road showing truck mounts and cleaning restaurants all night

Fire damage and the smell of soot is ingrained in my memory since I was 7yo.. Space spray, 9-D-9, Crystal Odor Counteractant (looks like kitty litter) I hate the smell of.. I'd rather extract sewage then smell chemicals or soot.. And I don't do sewage cleanup.. Golden Eagle thermo fogging was fun times though..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

I liked the smell of that stuff too.

The new(er) non chlorinated brake parts cleaner is one I don't care for.
The old stuff I liked (and it cleaned parts better too)

Hate xylene.

Covid changed my smell (lost smell and taste for over a month)
Now, many of those scents in air fresheners, soaps, laundry detergents and Bounce dryer sheets I used to like, stink on a scale ranging from mildly stinky to gawdawfull putrid.

..L.T.A.

• Haha
Reactions: Nate The Great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom