Mikey P

Administrator
Conversation starters... PXL_20220903_151447435.jpg

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Conversation starters... View attachment 117694
Right now both of my vans are unsigned except for a magnetic sign of one. If you are looking for new business, having some type of lettering is better than none. I used to have an old back up van with a cds. Pretty beat up and I did my own lettering with vinyl letters from Staples. I got phone call one day from a lady who said she my van in the neighborhood and needed her carpets cleaned. When I went to do the job, it was in a very high end neighborhood, large house with expensive rugs and furniture. I asked her why she would call me after looking at my old van? She said, it looked like a working man's van. She is still my customer and has referred others to me as well. You don't always need a glitzy wrap but I feel some signage is important. I've been holding off on mine because I wasn't sure how long I would keep them but it's probably time.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Mine are whity tidy. Please don’t call me😬 Diana actually scheduled a look see at a 1yo
storage unit for power washing.😳
1662228478263.png

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Ive been wondering; Do Aluminum wheels weigh less than stock steel wheels and will they pay for themselves in fuel savings because they are lighter?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yep the wheels and tires are a good improvement to the looks of the van. I would do it to my Promaster but I got other areas I want to spend money right now.

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Do Aluminum wheels weigh less than stock steel wheels

yes

and will they pay for themselves in fuel savings because they are lighter?

Maybe a savings on the nano level
But not that I could tell on two vehicles I changed to aluminum
(Mercury Villager and E-250 extended cargo van)
Got 'em cheap and they looked better is the reason I changed them

I reckon never filling the gas tank more than half full would be the same weight savings

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have to start the day with a full tank and can should never go below half full tank of gas due to the hills in SF. It sucks to have to go get fuel in the middle of a job.

googling around for a second...
Only ones I noticed fuel saving mention, were from aluminum wheel salesmen hawking nano truths

BUTT industry wise....appears many big trucks have gone to alloy wheels.
Not for fuel savings, but weight.
When you have 10-12, 18 wheels, it can add up to 1000 pounds.
That's a 1000 pounds more freight, rock, asphalt or avocados they can carry without being over weight on the scales

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Papa John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom