I got it all in BARELY!

Three air movers, 175, brushes, two wands, rx, a few other tools, and all the chems I needed for the 1200 dollar commercial job we dual wanded. We banged it out in 4.5 hours. Normally it takes me two nights.

IMAG0435.jpg

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Well, I was thinking of getting a Chevy Ext van for my next truck so that I could keep it warm in the garage in the winter. But, seeing this I might have to change my mind!

Mike Draper

I had plenty of those days. When it got to the point I was using my employees truck to haul the stuff I couldn't I knew it was time for an upgrade.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Poor packing skills. There is a lot of wasted space there.That is also why we do not hang solution reels from the vac reels anymore. Once we show someone how much room they gain with our custom brackets the $250 is a bargain.

Daniel you need to play more tetris......

Able 1

Name
Keith

Could you post a link, I couldn't find it on your site..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Look at my rental trailer pics. There is no standard they are all custom. Do you know how to weld? Boxed steel, metal cutting blades a welder and someone to powder coat is all you need well and having made a few helps.call TW Monday with what van you have and he can make you one you tell you how. They are heavy so shipping to WI would be costly. We make them so try don't rip or tweak. You can put two reels in a van the left. You have to push the vac reel back so having an electric hose reel is almost a must. We also raise the vac reel so you can gain useable space under it as your now usin the in-used space above the reel.

Again check my rental trailer pics for ideas and call me Monday. Even without that Daniel's van still has a lot of space that is wasted by poor packing. I was serious tetris will help :)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Able 1 said:
[quote="John Olson":297ycehi]Poor packing skills. There is a lot of wasted space there.That is also why we do not hang solution reels from the vac reels anymore. Once we show someone how much room they gain with our custom brackets the $250 is a bargain.

Daniel you need to play more tetris......

Could you post a link, I couldn't find it on your site..[/quote:297ycehi]
ascg1.jpg

That should give you and idea

I use every square inch of space. John that trailer is flat on the walls. My van is not flat.

Pump up sprayers, rakes, pump out hose, and grout brushes go to the left of the reel. I could stack the fans (they can be stacked) and stand my power stretcher up. I rarely ever carry the RX (not a big fan of rotary tools), and the wands go up against the vac hose reel. My problem is I have a machine that will bypasses a lot of water. My 100 gallon tank filled up and shut down the machine on a 5 room and hallway job. It is what it is though. I love the heat and suck when dual wanding. It is a good reliable machine.

The sprinter is probably the best fit, but 4 dollar per gallon gas as opposed to 3.40 and the fact that they are like 30k with 100k miles makes them not a good fit for me. The big box would never work for me in a city. I have to park in the driveway or every job would be a 200' hose run. I usually just park at the end of the drive and go through the garage.

The ideal van for ME is a one ton extended van with 6.0L engine. The suspension could be upgraded too. Prochem reels are narrow and take up very little space. One reel behind the seats so the hose comes out the side door and one in the back. The extended van would allow for a 100 gallon sadle tank which chems could be stored on it as well. A chem shelf on the opposite wall. Fans and other tools would fit too. There would be no room for dehus but this is not a restoration truck.

The point is I can actually carry all my tools in a standard van. Oh and it took me every bit of 60 seconds to unload the equipment. We would have done the job in 3.5 hours but we had to wait for the damn sales managers to close deals at 9 pm when they told me they closed at 6pm.

Billy get an extended van. You can find good deals all day long. I paid 4200 for my van. While others post about how much money they are spending, I can post about all the coin I am making that is going in my bank.

Here is what I am talking about. I have a legend and could do this if needed and have the whole back empty. I use the Everest more though and dual wanding empties or commercial work is the way to go. In order to do what I am talking about you need the extended van.

IMAG0422.jpg

IMAG01411.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Wasn't being derogatory Daniel sorry if I came off that way. We put the customs brackets in vans all the time. As far as u know we are the only ones that are doing it as TW came up with it a couple of years ago and we have been doing ever since.

Your van looks very clean in that last picture.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Hmmm really? Surprised I've never seen his before. Like all good ideas they kinda float around the universe and land on multiple people.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
personally I can not see where he would of gained or lost anything no matter where he hung his reels....the guy is trying to put 10 pounds of shit into a 8 pound bag.....

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Wasnt talking about his reels per se that is a side note. He
Could re-arrange how he stacked that had still had room but as he said it was easy in easy out so jamming it in the backed worked for him. As for reels he can gain a lot of room but thats a different conversation :-)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
whats funny is the $4 a gallon gets close to 20 MPG

where as the $3.40 van gets 10 maybe....

thats pretty easy math there...

Able 1

Name
Keith
danielc said:
My problem is I have a machine that will bypasses a lot of water. My 100 gallon tank filled up and shut down the machine on a 5 room and hallway job. It is what it is though. I love the heat and suck when dual wanding. It is a good reliable machine.

It sounds like your bypass valve is defective.. I go through a lot of water but no way near that :shock: Does you chem meter read anything when your bypass is closed?

Empty or barely loaded. Also 40k vs 4k. Jim that was funny as hell. I love his truck. Keith the flow valve was replaced so no premature bypassing. The water just gets so hot on higher setting it has to. Its not too bad. If I can I will hook up apo.
floorguy said:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Empty or barely loaded. Also 40k vs 4k. Jim that was funny as hell. I love his truck. Keith the flow valve was replaced so no premature bypassing. The water just gets so hot on higher setting it has to. Its not too bad. If I can I will hook up apo.
floorguy said:

there is a therm valve some where that is not closing......

Able 1

Name
Keith
Jim Martin said:
danielc said:
floorguy said:

there is a therm valve some where that is not closing......

I would put a bet that the one in the water box is stuck open..

John Watson

I have been stuffing12 lbs inmy 7.5lb stretch van for years. Occasionly I find stuff I thought I had lost... Last Fri we removed our cimex, skidder bag, and the175 swing.

Then we loaded 3 large and a 1 small rugs to take to Seattle, We then continued down to Lacy to pick up a Steamon Demon with 200 ft of hoses and another cimex and still had lots of room to suff stuff in!!!

I think I found my problem.

First the machine is not bypassing prematurely.

I replaced the flow/bypass valve at 1200 hours. I used to open it to bleed off hot water, but since replacing I just hook a hose to the machine and bleed it through the vacuum port in the dump tank.

I did a job today (two rooms, hallway, and staircase) on low. Then I did another job (three nasty rooms downstairs 250 sq ft each on medium, four rooms and hallway upstairs, and a dirty staircase on low). All that and my tank held it all. I was cleaning with nice slow passes as well.

The job the other day I was running my machine hard on medium the whole job and moving furniture. It just has to bypass when it is 115 heat index.

Today I hooked up a blower to blow over the machine and out the back doors. It made a huge difference. I swear the temp inside my van the other day was like 150 degrees. Today it was perfect. We did this also on the commercial job the other day which we dual wanded the whole thing, but we ran the apo also. Still the temp inside the van was tolerable.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
I think I found my problem.

First the machine is not bypassing prematurely.

I replaced the flow/bypass valve at 1200 hours. I used to open it to bleed off hot water, but since replacing I just hook a hose to the machine and bleed it through the vacuum port in the dump tank.

I did a job today (two rooms, hallway, and staircase) on low. Then I did another job (three nasty rooms downstairs 250 sq ft each on medium, four rooms and hallway upstairs, and a dirty staircase on low). All that and my tank held it all. I was cleaning with nice slow passes as well.

The job the other day I was running my machine hard on medium the whole job and moving furniture. It just has to bypass when it is 115 heat index.

Today I hooked up a blower to blow over the machine and out the back doors. It made a huge difference. I swear the temp inside my van the other day was like 150 degrees. Today it was perfect. We did this also on the commercial job the other day which we dual wanded the whole thing, but we ran the apo also. Still the temp inside the van was tolerable.

Dan,

We have to run our EVEREST on LOW heat in the SUMMER....!!!!! TO MUCH HEAT....!
If you have your HEAT DIVERTER on HIGH....You will constantly DUMP into the w/tank.. :idea:
CHECK your temp guage after you prespray...When it 90 degrees outside...you will make HEAT
in a HURRY...!

Nothing to do with LOW,MEDIUM, or HIGH cleaning MODE setting.........................................
ALL HX MACHNES WILL "SPIKE"...if the trigger is NOT active.. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Mikey P said:
Do you like your Shark?

I love it.

I was skeptical at first, but it picks up great, holds more than I thought it would, can be emptied in seconds, no dirty filters to mess with, light enough to use on stairs, and has a long hose with crevice and brush attachments. I like it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
low....tisk tisk :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I honest to god just dont get it...

why not the middle range which is for SINGLE wanding

blah blah yeah yeah, it cleans FINE....dont you want BETTER???

joe harper

Name
joe harper
floorguy said:
low....tisk tisk :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I honest to god just dont get it...

why not the middle range which is for SINGLE wanding

blah blah yeah yeah, it cleans FINE....dont you want BETTER???

LOW is only for upholstery cleaning...!

LOW, MEDIUM, & HIGH...are just THROTTLE settings..."PRE-SET RPM'S" !gotcha!

The machine is EFI....no throttle to adjust ...like most carburated machines.....3 speeds ONLY..!

The machine should ALMOST always be run on MEDIUM... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Exception's being::::: Dual wand or Loooooong Hose-Runs..!

EDIT...There is an IDLE position..!!!! "For Warm-Up & Cool down" before turning machine OFF..

It is "aLmoSt"...IDIOT PROOF.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom