I hate being "Scammed" but what do you do?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Credit card companies always always always side with the consumer. It is damn near impossible to get the money back. They dont care about the seller because hey what are we going to do, stop taking credit cards? Yeah Right...I won't share what you have to say to automaticallly win but the sellar has no chance against charge backs in 99% of the cases.

As for willy none of this has to do with what happend to him, my response what was he was suggesting people to do. I like Willy and everyone knows I sided with Willy on the chemical issue he had. I would have gave him a new bucket and sent him on his way but this has nothing to do with that and as for his pumps again I would have handled it differently and his supplier gives a different story and I am not getting in the middle of that again.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We have rarely not won a credit card charge back John. My experience is that if we have done the right thing we have almost always gotten the charge back reversed. Being in the distributor arena I can imagine it would be tougher though.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I use Credit cards for all out of town purchases.......In town I can look it over....I don't have that ability when it is being shipped to me....and lets face it...things are not what they use to be and you just cannot trust what you are getting any more......If I buy something and find out it was not what I was told it would be....I don't want store credit....I want my money back and from that point on I will shop else where.....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ken do you spead those points with your staff? :p

No, Christmas presents don't count nor does buying Brian Hanna off to keep his mouth shut.

LOL
Me neither!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We have gone sideways with this LOL wasnt about taking cards and Im sure willy knows I dont think he is a thief but buying something with the intention of refusing to pay is.

Now as I said in 6 years as owners we have had two people rip us off and in the previous 4 with JWC I can only think of 1. This shows most everyone is honest and it shows we take care of our friends.

And Ken your providing a service where we are selling items. Again I wont say what you have to say/do to rip off someone but it is really easy and the ones that stole from us knew it. They planned it from they get go. Why Willy saying to do what he said burns me...if you can't trust who your dealing with deal with someone else dont stoop to their level and do the same to them..This is my wifes saying me I would prefer to stomp a new mud hole in em......

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I see the arguement from both sides and agree with both sides. However, Suppliers tend to be dishonest and scammers themselves. If I purchase something that is unused you should refund it...PERIOD (or give a credit if thats my request). If a part fails under warranty with no obvious signs of abuse you should replace it and send to manufacture.....PERIOD.... If a part has signs of tampering you should point this out to me and then go the route of pay now and I will refund you if the manufacture warranties....

We have all been scammed by suppliers and suppliers have been scammed by many companies. Once you scam me im done with you and your shitty store.... If I was a supplier I would have the same procedure with the exception that you will not be able to make future purchases until resolved. As far as the manufactures, they also need to give more credibility to the supplier as far as whats a failure and whats obvious abuse to the part/product.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I see the arguement from both sides and agree with both sides. However, Suppliers tend to be dishonest and scammers themselves. If I purchase something that is unused you should refund it...PERIOD (or give a credit if thats my request). If a part fails under warranty with no obvious signs of abuse you should replace it and send to manufacture.....PERIOD.... If a part has signs of tampering you should point this out to me and then go the route of pay now and I will refund you if the manufacture warranties....

We have all been scammed by suppliers and suppliers have been scammed by many companies. Once you scam me im done with you and your shitty store.... If I was a supplier I would have the same procedure with the exception that you will not be able to make future purchases until resolved. As far as the manufactures, they also need to give more credibility to the supplier as far as whats a failure and whats obvious abuse to the part/product.

I don't know any suppliers that are scammers Dan at least not in the cleaning industry supply chain. And for the record I believe John has the kind of integrity of a person you could have hang on to a million in cash for you and it would all be there when you asked for it back. John oozes honesty and integrity.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Willy P

Name
Willy P
John, I think we're on the same side.You hate being ripped off as much as I do. My only contention was that by paying by credit card, IF I get beat for my money , I can stick up my middle finger, return the product and say FOOK YOU. I'm done with being boned and I'm going to protect my business and myself from that happening any more. I have no intention of ever going into a shop and stiffing the owner, but if he tries to stiff me, well it's just not going to happen. Where you figure I'm a thief in that regard mystifies me.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No willy I do not think your a thief. Never said that :) I said you would only steal from me once...based on the 1 line you wrote

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Willy PPay by credit card and tell them you'll dispute the charges.

Oh and you would only steal once from me Willy...

that was all that was said and the problem with the Internet is we always add more to things then what is actually written :)

So no Willy I don't think your a thief :) We friends again? :smile:

Willy P

Name
Willy P

imagesqtbnANd9GcTwNyxG-K1spt1Zgx54xdjpsyQzzfOwQBZaODi2cLKeeIHP4aJZkJwDIuVG.jpg
and made up.

rick imby

Name
Rick
There is a huge difference in the way Distributors get treated and the way a local business with a signed receipt get treated.

Distributors send their item and there is not a receipt that is signed by the customer that they received the item.

Local businesses have a receipt that the customer signed saying they will pay the bill. Ken Snow---you get paid. John Olson does not.

Rick

Inverter Generator compared to conventional generators

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Rick~ not sure how what you said relates, but I don't know that this is true.

We sign for almost everything shipped to us whether it is by common carrier, UPS, FedEx etc.
I assume distributors require a purchase order when not being paid on the front end with a CC. We use PO's for every purchase regardless of payment method.
There are many commercial jobs that there is no signature for, probably to the tune of 250k of our yearly work gets no signature.

Ken

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
It was clear that willy was saying to dispute the charges if the supplier refused to give him a refund on defective merchandise. He was not saying to buy and item dispute the charges and keep the item as you make it sound. If I buy an item that is defective store credit will only cut it if I want store credit otherwise they better give me my money back. You are not understanding what willy was saying.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
According to most State laws you are entitled to repair or replacement, not a refund or store credit unless the vendor chooses to give one. I would never expect my money back.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Just a little reminder.

There are federal laws through the FTC Federal Trade Commission regarding sales of consumer goods, warranties, satisfaction, lemon laws, time duration where issues are addressed and such .

However, most of these laws apply only with business to end consumer transactions and not business to business transactions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom