I hate cleaning my filter sock!!!

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I have an inline filter that has a stainless steel insert which might be relatively easy to clean but I've been using the socks because it seems they have a finer filtration and there will be less gross stuff in my tank as a result.
But of everything that comes with cleaning carpets ( that I have experienced so far) cleaning the socks is a chore that I really dislike.
Do you guys prefer socks to the stainless inserts, are there any tricks to make it easier to clean the socks ( coating them with silicone spray maybe?)
and lastly is there an option to go with disposable filters? Does anybody make something like that? That would be really nice.....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
gimmeagig said:
Do you guys prefer socks to the stainless inserts,

Nothing but stainless screen filter for us, thanks
The filter bags and knee-hi panty hose are for the bUrds :roll:

the screen will filter will nearly all hair and carpet lint/fiber
which is really all you need to filter anyway .

.L.T.A.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I have a stainless filter that has the solid plastic bottom, which probably reduces airflow and lift. Would it be worthwhile to spend the money on the newer (kind of pricey) insert that is all mesh?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
gimmeagig said:
I have a stainless filter that has the solid plastic bottom, which probably reduces airflow and lift. Would it be worthwhile to spend the money on the newer (kind of pricey) insert that is all mesh?

I'm not familiar with the "all" screen ones, Rox

we only use the round/cylinder type one that goes in the typical in-line pool filter .
(sounds like you're describing the same one)
lately we've been using Mytee's Lint Hog with 2.5" ports

the restriction on the pool filter isn't so much the plastic bottom on the filter it's self, It's the small ports (where your hoses attack) on each end of the filter body .

..L.T.A.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
My CDS only has 2" connections to the waste tank so I would need some type on an adapter if I was to go 2 1/2" on the filter.

Mikey P

Administrator
Place a nylon stocking over the screen filer if you're a girl about cleaning some icky lint.
Peel and toss (or clean) as they gloop up

Mytee sells them just the right size.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Mikey P said:
Place a nylon stocking over the screen filer if you're a girl about cleaning some icky lint.
Peel and toss (or clean) as they gloop up

Mytee sells them just the right size.

Nylon stockings for me. I cut the legs off after tying them in a knot, and use the legs to cover the vac filters to the blower. The top of the nylon (panty) I stretch over my filter box at the entrance to the waste tank. Every job or so, you replace 'em. If a job is extra nasty, I will use the inline filter with the screen.

As for the flow through filters, I hear there might be problems with the bottom staying on and welded. Company is working on correction.....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You can have a custom filter made for your machine with finer SS screen, just replace your stock filter basket with it.
A good sheetmetal worker can do that for you.
Then just have an attached hose with a shutoff and a jet tip, spray it off after every job.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
meAt said:
gimmeagig said:
Do you guys prefer socks to the stainless inserts,

Nothing but stainless screen filter for us, thanks
The filter bags and knee-hi panty hose are for the bUrds :roll:

the screen will filter will nearly all hair and carpet lint/fiber
which is really all you need to filter anyway .

.L.T.A.

how do you get them clean quickly though???

i have never had just be a "dump and tap" its like you gotta beat the shnit out of it....

and the knee highs are ok, but my shit clogs fast....more vacuuming??? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
floorguy said:

i have never had just be a "dump and tap" its like you gotta beat the shnit out of it....

turn it upside down and spray it at a downward angle using the fresh water hose .
Use your thumb on the end of the hose fitting to make spray force

This ain't rocket science

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
jus because the lint and fuzz is off...
DON'T make it clean....
silt will actually fill up a SS screen unless you hi pressure wash it...CRASHES was so bad that it would hold water and it collapsed.........$130.00!
.......helps to reverse spray also...........

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
meAt said:
floorguy said:

turn it upside down and spray it at a downward angle using the fresh water hose .
Use your thumb on the end of the hose fitting to make spray force

This ain't rocket science

..L.T.A.

Yeah... I would just spray all my tools off with a pressure washer attachment at the end of the day, then throw some wd-40 in the lube port and shut 'er down. Takes a whole 5 minutes.

Mike Draper

http://www.simplycleancarpetredding.com ... tor-filter
Get one of these and you will never have any filter problems again. You can get large replaceable filters for .59 a piece and then throw them away after a few jobs. The replacement filter sock is huge and will hold a couple of nasty jobs worth before they need replacing. they are also used as painters filters and you can get them at lowes or home depot. I have no clue why cleaners would buy any other filter.

PCCN

gimmeagig said:
I have an inline filter that has a stainless steel insert which might be relatively easy to clean but I've been using the socks because it seems they have a finer filtration and there will be less gross stuff in my tank as a result.
But of everything that comes with cleaning carpets ( that I have experienced so far) cleaning the socks is a chore that I really dislike.
Do you guys prefer socks to the stainless inserts, are there any tricks to make it easier to clean the socks ( coating them with silicone spray maybe?)
and lastly is there an option to go with disposable filters? Does anybody make something like that? That would be really nice.....

You are supposed to clean them?!? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Kipp

Name
kip
Mike Draper said:
http://www.simplycleancarpetredding.com/contact.html?entry=devastator-filter
Get one of these and you will never have any filter problems again. You can get large replaceable filters for .59 a piece and then throw them away after a few jobs. The replacement filter sock is huge and will hold a couple of nasty jobs worth before they need replacing. they are also used as painters filters and you can get them at lowes or home depot. I have no clue why cleaners would buy any other filter.

This is what I use...run 2x2" from machine to 2.5", at .59 each I just toss after each job. Never have to clean waste tank or filter...real easy. Also Devastator is large enough to run big jobs without loosing CFM's half way through...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
IMAGE_144.jpg

Sprays off really easy with a garden hose or pressure line. Its a fine mesh so if something gets by it, its not a problem. Its big enough to go all day!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom