I hate to say it, but...

Name
Evets
We have an appointment Thursday with a Hotel company that has 800 rooms spread out over Five local locations.
Last name is Duke, not Patel. Family owned for decades.
I really have no idea how to price them. I haven't cleaned a hotel room in 25 years. I believe I charged $15 per room back then and dumped them ASAP.
Question: Can these rooms be encapped?
But what about the kids playing on the floor? Where does the dirt go?
How did we let ourselves get into this predicament?

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Give them 2 prices. One for the hack job you did 25 years ago and another for the quality job you are doing since you found this board.
Let them choose...they might surprise you.
I had to add the belittling "hack job" part since you are looking for that.
Or just ask what they are use to paying for excellent work and see what number they throw out...then add 25%.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Give them 2 prices. One for the hack job you did 25 years ago and another for the quality job you are doing since you found this board.
Let them choose...they might surprise you.
I had to add the belittling "hack job" part since you are looking for that.
Or just ask what they are use to paying for excellent work and see what number they throw out...then add 25%.
Fi a room.......guarantee

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
We have an appointment Thursday with a Hotel company that has 800 rooms spread out over Five local locations.
Last name is Duke, not Patel. Family owned for decades.
I really have no idea how to price them. I haven't cleaned a hotel room in 25 years. I believe I charged $15 per room back then and dumped them ASAP.
Question: Can these rooms be encapped?
But what about the kids playing on the floor? Where does the dirt go?
How did we let ourselves get into this predicament?

The other thing you can do is add drapery cleaning. We have one we pressure wash the whole building, all exterior windows, carpets and drapes. Very nice ticket for 4 days. The other thing would be how many locations and distance.

We don’t clean many hote carpets but this one we do. It’s on a military base

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot
Name
Evets
The other thing you can do is add drapery cleaning. We have one we pressure wash the whole building, all exterior windows, carpets and drapes. Very nice ticket for 4 days. The other thing would be how many locations and distance.

We don’t clean many hote carpets but this one we do. It’s on a military base
What are you using (equipment) to clean the drapes?

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
The other factor obviously would be help. It’s nice to have someone else do the work you don’t want too!

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
What are you using (equipment) to clean the drapes?

We did them by hand. Due to it being 4 stories and a base they don’t have windows that can open. So no solvents plus we had two different types of materials (don’t recall which) so curling was a concen. Lite mist and cleaned by hand. They weren’t heavily soiled but they were only 3 years old. We also wiped down the vinyl blackouts for them.

It wasn’t something they would want removed from the premises for a dry cleaner

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
There is a way to do hotels successfully with a tm. I just haven't found that way yet. I think it's just where they're located. My crappy town won't pay more than $11/room. But your area should be more flexible, since you're close to a university

I wouldn't VLM hotel rooms. Besides the setup and breakdown times...I don't see any advantage in saving time with it. You'd save a little money with fuel, but you'd go through hundreds of bonnets and pads, which isn't cheap to buy

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
You can wash your bonnets in the hotel laundry before you leave. That will make up for the low price you’re getting

Name
Evets
These are the finest Hotels around - all of the top names. No way to do them with a TM. Lots of banquet and convention rooms, huge interior hallways etc.

Reactions: Fat Mike

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
If they are so high end, what is the average cost per night? $300?

I see no reason not to offer VLM and charge 10% of one night. Put it to them that way.

Name
Evets
If they are so high end, what is the average cost per night? $300?

I see no reason not to offer VLM and charge 10% of one night. Put it to them that way.
High End? For Athens, Ga. - yes. About $120 per night for 2 of them and the other 3 are over $200 per night for regular rooms. More for suites.
My point was these aren't Motel 6 types. No outside entrances into rooms, just thru the lobbies, etc.
4 or 5 levels each.
I don't believe there is any choice but to encap everything. Maybe a portable for when extraction is necessary.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
High End? For Athens, Ga. - yes. About $120 per night for 2 of them and the other 3 are over $200 per night for regular rooms. More for suites.
My point was these aren't Motel 6 types. No outside entrances into rooms, just thru the lobbies, etc.
4 or 5 levels each.
I don't believe there is any choice but to encap everything. Maybe a portable for when extraction is necessary.
I think in that situation, encap is the way to go. Less noise, fast drying times, overall less disturbance for the guests. I would use an orbital with absorbent pads. Not as good as extraction but will look and smell nice. Your Price needs to be determined by how many rooms at a time and where they are located. Figure out what you want to make per hour. If you can land the conference and other rooms, bonus.

Reactions: Fat Mike
Name
Evets
"I would use an orbital with absorbent pads."
But jimmy said...lol

I don't have an orbital. Good grief, how many freakin' pieces of equipment do you need to have these days?
Somebody just go ahead and tell me!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom