I hate when mechanics use cheap parts

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It is so loud. My customers don’t want to hear a loud redneck screaming up their driveway or blasting through their town.

That muffler is only 2months old. Mechanic charged me $250 parts and labor. I was sceptical because the original muffler Isuzu is $600 from the Mack truck dealer. It weighs twice as much and is stainless steel

That’s gonna he put on tomorrow.

E3B46AB4-F2BD-42C8-B1B8-B2BB180D5F84.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3258.MOV
    100.2 MB

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The camera didn't hear the loud noise, but it sure is deafening in the cab when I'm driving

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I just watched the video. It really didn’t sound that loud.

Now. Lets talk about your boots. Only sissy’s tuck the pant legs in. What is happening to this world. First vegans, now this boot shit.

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
WTF? Did you hit something leaving the Kingdom Hall?

I guess the stainless steel might hold up better to impact but that isn't just a failure.

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
WTF? Did you hit something leaving the Kingdom Hall?

I guess the stainless steel might hold up better to impact but that isn't just a failure.
Nope, I cut a piece of that metal off to compare when I picked up the Isuzu muffler yesterday and folded that metal back. It really blew a hole through the bottom. Look at the crack marks where the metal was stressed from the heat and pressure. Coincidently, my mechanic was honest enough to admit he was at fault for choosing that muffler because he's currently replacing the same one on a newer box truck with the same engine.

It has the same hole as mine

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Only pretend cowboys and fake bikers wear their pants outside their boots. Cowboys tuck their pants in so that they're not dragging in cow shit. Bikers tuck theirs in so they don't get caught in the chain. All others wear them outside so you can see how sharp they dress.

maybe so-- But wearing pant legs inside the boots seems similar to walking around with your Zipper Down. :eekk: 😜:lol:

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD and Shorty

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Forget the mechanics, I hate it when your cleaning parts supplier send you inferior parts, MADE IN CHINA, (parts that fail when you are on a job), to replace genuine U.K. or U.S. parts.

Case in point, I have had a brass piece on one machine last over a decade.

This has been replaced twice in less that 18 months, YEP, you guessed it, BOTCHED IN CHINA.

I have now altered the configuration & installed stainless steel parts.

This is the failed brass insert from China, the two nuts secure it firmly in place from the solution tank & tap.

Cimex Filter Chinese 1.jpg

Joseph225

Only pretend cowboys and fake bikers wear their pants outside their boots. Cowboys tuck their pants in so that they're not dragging in cow shit. Bikers tuck theirs in so they don't get caught in the chain. All others wear them outside so you can see how sharp they dress.
This is an awesome response. Nicely done!

Reactions: Cleanworks

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Few years ago I had Just installed an engine on my van and timing was off. Backfired so loud it blew my muffler apart like nothing. Was an expensive muffler too. Man it hurt my ears felt bad my son was in the cab. He was only 3 or 4.

working on my property I can see why it’s better to wear pants inside boots but not for regular casual wear tho

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
My buddy just bought his son a 30-06 pump rifle. Now I’m wanting one.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My Texas relatives tell my you’re a trans gender Canadian. Maybe you wear spurs and pul little shiny points on your boots also.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom