I have a 2 car garage to somewhat dedicate to cleaning rugs

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
20191011_112354.jpg

It can be a nice add on if done correctly. I clean rugs at night or during times when someone forgets or cancels their appointment. Its like making lemonade when life gives you lemons.
Or your office person can clean them during the down time.
In California coastal areas-- dehumidifiers are more important then fans, which are also needed.
I have portable humidity meter. I take a reading outdoors and indoors-- ill open the doors to vent out the moist air, if its advantageous. During the fires the Rh was like 15%, the rugs dried fast.
Ill load up the van with all the rugs and deliver them from 5p-7pm. Its awsome taking in an additional $2000 at the end of a easy day.
I suggest you try to keep the 8am-5pm for in house cleanings and just keep the rug biz as a bonus until demand warrents expansion. -- which might not ever happen given what is happening to the rug cleaning market.

Mikey P

Administrator
View attachment 94194

It can be a nice add on if done correctly. I clean rugs at night or during times when someone forgets or cancels their appointment. Its like making lemonade when life gives you lemons.
Or your office person can clean them during the down time.
In California coastal areas-- dehumidifiers are more important then fans, which are also needed.
I have portable humidity meter. I take a reading outdoors and indoors-- ill open the doors to vent out the moist air, if its advantageous. During the fires the Rh was like 15%, the rugs dried fast.
Ill load up the van with all the rugs and deliver them from 5p-7pm. Its awsome taking in an additional $2000 at the end of a easy day.
I suggest you try to keep the 8am-5pm for in house cleanings and just keep the rug biz as a bonus until demand warrents expansion. -- which might not ever happen given what is happening to the rug cleaning market.

That looks to be about wheat we could do at this time

So what are you doing for sever soil and The Pee Pee?

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
That looks to be about wheat we could do at this time

So what are you doing for sever soil and The Pee Pee?

Lots of COLD water, a Cimex, An 1800 psi pressure washer, a garden hose and nozzle. An extractor of your choice-- since you don't like mine.
a dri Eze Rover. Pro'd choice HD odor kill or Centrium force U-Turn. I tend to use a citrus prespray for soil suspension

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
esplain how you are pressure washing in a room like that, please
20191015_090153.jpg
The yellow highlights the floor drain. The floor is covered with drainage tiles so that the soil and water flows underneath. This uses less water and really is whole lot less headache then just the bare floor.
20191015_090213.jpg
This helps dry the rugs. I just dont have the room or volume for a centrifuge.
20191015_090224.jpg
This is where i hang the knoted rugs to dry. Tufted rugs stay on the floor to dry-- so i clean those last.
Rugs are stored under my stairs

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I like bread
Cleaning rugs at night can make you more bread then watching TV.
Ill listen to news or Youtube through my Bluetooth underneath my ear protection while cleaning rugs. I might even enjoy a beer too.
Today a 3 home Block party had to reschedule-- so ill be cleaning rugs tye rugs i picked up last night. I delivered $2800 in clean rugs last night.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
So you vac as you go?

our new place is on septic, hence the interrogation
It can hold a good amount of water. a pressure washer is a very efficient use of water and actually uses very little water while blasting away the soil. Ill vac out the water while prespraying the next rug- so no real down time. The sewer drain is right next to the ETM.
Our country allows the waste water to be drained onto land to help fill ground water and water the plants-- maybe u can do the same. The big square grate simple drained into the ground.
You are welcome to visit anytime. Just need to plan ahead to make sure i have some rugs if you want hands on demos. I dont clean all rugs the same way. It depends on several factors on which tools ill use.
I wouldn't involve your current septic system. I would make a simple one for your plant.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It can hold a good amount of water. a pressure washer is a very efficient use of water and actually uses very little water while blasting away the soil. Ill vac out the water while prespraying the next rug- so no real down time. The sewer drain is right next to the ETM.
Our country allows the waste water to be drained onto land to help fill ground water and water the plants-- maybe u can do the same. The big square grate simple drained into the ground.
You are welcome to visit anytime. Just need to plan ahead to make sure i have some rugs if you want hands on demos. I dont clean all rugs the same way. It depends on several factors on which tools ill use.
I wouldn't involve your current septic system. I would make a simple one for your plant.
Why don't you put a sump pump in to pump to the sewer drain?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom