I have a dilemma I need help with

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
A property management company I clean carpets for called me in to a new property they just built. They have installed luxury vinyl planking before fully finishing off the rest of the unit. The construction dust has now become ground into the tiles and they would like me to clean it off. They have mopped several times and it doesn't help. They have a guy currently doing it who for various reasons is making himself a problem. He has been using a 175 and black stripping pads to take the dust out. I have talked with a sales rep and have been told that mopping is all they recommend.
How would you guys go about dealing with the problem.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mop down a nuetral cleaner with a micromfiber flat mop w/ scrub strips, dweel,then rinse with a hard surface wand at 300 psi and be less of an idiot than the last dude.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We have done these....the most aggressive agitation we did was with our 10 inch CRB and standard white brushes...

Then went over with hard surface wand extracting....

Came out great actually....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Why did that dude think a black pad was needed? A crb makes more sense to me. Heck, if u don't have a crb, use a soft brush on your 175. It's just dust

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
A black pad will score deeply and has probably damaged the vinyl.

Red is perfectly good for this situation, or (as has been mentioned) a CRB to flick dust out of cracks. Rinse-n-suck is dandy, but polish it off with a microfiber mop. It will look wonderful for 30 minutes or until some penguino tracks dirt all over it.

Mikey P

Administrator
btw EVERY TRUCK should have a Hard Surface Wand on board.

I prefer the PMF wand as it's a full size S bend and built like a tank.
Some of the others have goofy angles and cheesy hardware.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The new Gekko wand is pretty nice, has a swivel, new manifolds and got rid of the cheesy little connectors and replaced them with proper qc's. Squeegee head for portables/brush head for TM's

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I have the 20" brush pro with standard Blue brushes, are those equivalent?

Name
Ross Martin
If you have a laminate cleaning procedure, it should work to clean the construction dust.

These photos are from a job where the vinyl had a texture to it. I hope the previous cleanings with a black pad did not ruin it.

We used only flat mops for extraction. A CRB is the right tool for this type of job.

01_During_zpsgqiy53qh.jpg

02_During_zpshgbmvkxt.jpg

Slideshow from the whole job:
http://s574.photobucket.com/user/aysvend/slideshow/Trinity_Hearing_Balance

A property management company I clean carpets for called me in to a new property they just built. They have installed luxury vinyl planking before fully finishing off the rest of the unit. The construction dust has now become ground into the tiles and they would like me to clean it off. They have mopped several times and it doesn't help. They have a guy currently doing it who for various reasons is making himself a problem. He has been using a 175 and black stripping pads to take the dust out. I have talked with a sales rep and have been told that mopping is all they recommend.
How would you guys go about dealing with the problem.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
If you have a laminate cleaning procedure, it should work to clean the construction dust.

These photos are from a job where the vinyl had a texture to it. I hope the previous cleanings with a black pad did not ruin it.

We used only flat mops for extraction. A CRB is the right tool for this type of job.

View attachment 18618

View attachment 18619

Slideshow from the whole job:
http://s574.photobucket.com/user/aysvend/slideshow/Trinity_Hearing_Balance
Yep. Looks very similar different color. What did you use for a cleaner? Daily neutral or Bruce?

Name
Ross Martin
Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom