I have a secret Admirer!!!!<-----------

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
he was lying and got busted now he started his own firm. What is his name? I Know bo don't know

Walt

bensurdi said:
Walt said:
Ben called my office three times pretending to be a customer while I was on vacation. He asked for specific information on cleaners and carpet protector. I never spoke with him because our receptionist thought he might be a cleaner and googled his phone number. So, I just ignored him.

Sorry Ben :roll:

No I'm Sorry Walt. The reason I was calling you a few months ago was because my father in-law was in need of having carpet cleaning done at his office location. Have you ever heard of a company called Weiden & Kennedy? The company that makes all of the commercials and marketing for the largest companies in the world?

He's the president.

They have pretty unique needs and because I am in the carpet cleaning industry he wanted me to find a the right company.

The thing is... I never tried to be sneaky. I gave your receptionist my phone #, asked the questions that he wanted to know and waited for your response where I could explain the situation in more depth.

I never got that call back.

If you remember my post a few months ago referencing your company and the use of a safer carpet protector, you can see that I never ONCE made any type of insulting comment or used any slander while your name was involved.

But your response on this topic is aimed at just that. Trying to throw me under the bus for absolutely no valid reason. I don't respect any man who takes part in public insulting without contacting the individual he is insulting first. I take this as a huge insult.

How can you be insulted by the truth? I posted what I did because I thought it was funny that you were indignant that someone had shopped you.

But to clarify, on three occasions you called and pretended that you wanted your house done. Also, you wanted a msds sheet on our carpet protector. She googled your number and came up that you were a carpet cleaner. We concluded that you were being deceptive and just wanted to find out what our protector is. I don't deal with people who are acting deceptive, even if they might be a client. So, I ignored you.

The following week you posted on this board that you wanted to know what protector I used - with a link to my website. You stated that you were looking for a green carpet protector. That further supports the conclusion that you were actually interested in our carpet protector - not providing a referral.

The easier route, would be to identify yourself as a cleaner and ask to speak to the owner. I have and will talk to any cleaner about gear, cleaners or marketing. It's actually enjoyable.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Walt said:
The easier route, would be to identify yourself as a cleaner and ask to speak to the owner. I have and will talk to any cleaner about gear, cleaners or marketing. It's actually enjoyable.

told you.
I've never met Walt, but i can pick 'em and Walt is a good dude.

But to clarify, on three occasions you called and pretended that you wanted your house done. Also, you wanted a msds sheet on our carpet protector.

i don't have a dog in the fight, but I'd take Walt's word over yours any day.
My "BS meter" has never once gone off with any of Walt's posts.
I may not agree with him sometimes, but there's no doubt in my mind, he's a straight shooter and calls 'em as he sees 'em

YOUR posts on the other hand has spiked the BS meter here and on ICS several times.

Some of my friends would like you to stick around for the entertainment value.
However, I'm in no mood for deceptive "one year wonder" blowhards like you.

"IF" you choose to stick around and happen catch me a foul mood again when you're caught in lie or being deceptive, I'll BOOT you azz out!

..L.T.A.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
His name is Steve Luker, Walt, i did call in asking about protector- not disagreeing.

You guys, we're not in highschool. I have never lied about anything. Walt, I still have the referral. Call me if you service the Portland/down town area. Put this under the bridge and move on-

Honestly though, from now on, if you don't believe something i say, why not call and ask me to prove it, IF YOU CARE THAT MUCH, and if you dont care that much, never call someone a liar unless you are prepared to prove them wrong.

I'm going to be around a long time boys, so get used it. Instead of fighting among boys i would rather do business with men. I have a lot to share with other professionals looking to grow and I know

And just for the record... i don't care what others charge at all.. and i dont really care to share my prices with anyone because it doesn't help anyone in their business. While we were on the subject of "package pricing" however, i thought it was important to let people know that charging .85 per SF is doable, and i am someone who does it on a regular basis.

If you are charging .85 a sf, doesn't it make sense that most jobs would be in the $800 range.... DUH, do the math.

That doesn't mean that EVERY single job is like that... i do plenty of jobs that are between 300-500 dollars.

Rex Tyus

bensurdi said:
If you are charging .85 a sf, doesn't it make sense that most jobs would be in the $800 range.... DUH, do the math.

That doesn't mean that EVERY single job is like that... i do plenty of jobs that are between 300-500 dollars.

If you say you have jobs that reach an $800 ticket, that is a far cry from an $800 AVERAGE ticket. In essense when state your "average" that is the same for all practical purposes as EVERY SINGLE job. :shock:

I thought you might be confused as to what average meant so I never said anything. I didn't want to hurt your feelings.

Now back to your regularly schedule drama. :)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Rex Tyus said:
bensurdi said:

If you say you have jobs that reach an $800 ticket, that is a far cry from an $800 AVERAGE ticket. In essense when state your "average" that is the same for all practical purposes as EVERY SINGLE job. :shock:

I thought you might be confused as to what average meant so I never said anything. I didn't want to hurt your feelings.

Now back to your regularly schedule drama. :)

you're a lot smarter than me, Rex
(that's HIGH compliment BTW, you being a rednEck and all.... :mrgreen: )

but what does this suggest to you?

"Under normal circumstances we would charge .55 for our deep and .85 for our Always clean package. About 90% of our clients go with the Always clean package which gives us a average ticket price of around $800.00 with no questions asked. "

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

I don't want to insult Ben Larry. I will just say I think he needs a new calculator or he is just really confused. An "average" ticket of $800 while possible, is HIGHLY unlikey in a residential market. But I don't know anything about Ben and I would never call him a liar on his pricing.

Now if I were in his market and had more direct info I might be more inclined to offer some advice on how to calculate an "average". Or just call Bullshit!

You're not to bad for a Yankee BTW. 8)

CapeCleaner

Interesting, just over 24 hours after initiating this thread, Bed Surdi makes the following post on ***:

"God I love ***

Being on Mikey's Board for even 5 minutes anymore makes me want to put my face through the wall. It honestly feels like there is a bunch of little girls behind their computers that literally sit on the computer for days at a time looking to talk s h i t about someone who is doing well in the business.

I am SOOOO Happy that *** is filled with classy business owners that actually care about succeeding and growing their knowledge and sales and marketing.

THANK YOU EVERYONE
Carpet Cleaning Seattle|Carpet Cleaners Seattle|Carpet Cleaning Woodinville|Carpet Cleaning Redmond| Carpet Cleaning Bellevue|Carpet Cleaning Issaquah| Carpet Cleaning Sammamish| Carpet Cleaning Lake Stevens

Benjamin J. Surdi
CEO
NW Green Clean
(800) 466-8299"

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
""Under normal circumstances we would charge .55 for our deep and .85 for our Always clean package. About 90% of our clients go with the Always clean package which gives us a average ticket price of around $800.00 with no questions asked. "

Ok I've stayed out until now but I think there is could be some confusion in the wording. If I'm reading this right he is saying that his "always clean package" gives him an $800 average, not necessarily that he has an $800 average overall.

Next is just an assumption on my part but when I think "always clean" I assume that means more than one cleaning. In other words maybe for the .85 cents ($800 up front) you get a full house cleaning now and a traffic lane only cleaning in 6 months or something along those lines. Maybe he can clarify, I'd certainly be interested in how his always clean package works.

Mikey P

Administrator
CapeCleaner said:
Interesting, just over 24 hours after initiating this thread, Bed Surdi makes the following post on ®:

"God I love ®

Being on Mikey's Board for even 5 minutes anymore makes me want to put my face through the wall. It honestly feels like there is a bunch of little girls behind their computers that literally sit on the computer for days at a time looking to talk s h i t about someone who is doing well in the business.

I am SOOOO Happy that ® is filled with classy business owners that actually care about succeeding and growing their knowledge and sales and marketing.

Benjamin J. Surdi
CEO
NW Green Clean
(800) 466-8299"

T M F.... "If it's inconvenient, it can't be the truth"

eh Benny boy?

You want VBJ's?

Than by all means stay over there.

Please.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
your married to a teenager? How old are you? and how did steve take being canned from W & K last year.

That was Long before the call you made to walt?

Bullshit detector is going off

Greenie

My only comment in this thread is I am banned on T M F, I've never been banned anywhere, so how truthful and honest could they be over there?

I do know one thing for a FACT, Rob and Tre Allen READ my private messages. So keep that in mind Ben (and all others that post there), your private messages are not private.

And...I will still break my foot off in Rob's ass when I see him, deceptive 2 faced con artist.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Joey Johnston said:
""Under normal circumstances we would charge .55 for our deep and .85 for our Always clean package. About 90% of our clients go with the Always clean package which gives us a average ticket price of around $800.00 with no questions asked. "

Ok I've stayed out until now but I think there is could be some confusion in the wording. If I'm reading this right he is saying that his "always clean package" gives him an $800 average, not necessarily that he has an $800 average overall.

Next is just an assumption on my part but when I think "always clean" I assume that means more than one cleaning. In other words maybe for the .85 cents ($800 up front) you get a full house cleaning now and a traffic lane only cleaning in 6 months or something along those lines. Maybe he can clarify, I'd certainly be interested in how his always clean package works.

Thanks Joey.
That's why I asked, Rex.
if I understand that right, 90% of his custys choose the higher coat package and it averages $800.
So 90% of all his jobs would average 8 bills.

personally, I think he BELONGS on the phony baloney boRed

..L.T.A.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I can't resist to explain the meaning of average to you guys: If you add up all of your jobs over the course of 1 month, or even 6 months, or 12...Then take the dollar amount and add the dollar amount up to a total. You divide the total jobs by the total dollar amount and that would give you your AVERAGE cleaning price....

Not sure why any of you would have a problem believing that earning $800 in one job is hard to do. It's not uncommon if you run a high quality business. If you have a beautiful truck, top of the line equipment, wear picture perfect uniforms, offer more than any other cleaner in your area does, give gift bags to every client, have over 35 realtors that refer you exclusively, and do top quality work... Why shouldn't you earn an AVERAGE of $800 per cleaning.

If I were some of the guys that are consistant in using their so-called BS meter, I would want to learn how to use a new type of meter... the "command higher prices meter" so that I could have a better quality company and a better quality of life.

To each their own, but honestly...why on earth would you insult someone who is an honest hard working guy who is acheiving success in this industry.

Like many have said, there will always be the guys on the bottom than need to feel important some how, so they try to pick apart the guys who are doing what they want to be doing, but don't have the balls to do.

And to think, this all started because of a jelous carpet cleaner that had to put someone else down to make himself feel better.

Enjoy putting people down guys, in fact, i hope you can someday make it an income producing hobbie, you'll need someway to make a living i suppose! :lol:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ben, I appreciate your concern our for financial well being.
Thanks

I asked what percentage of revenue your marketing budget was because of this ;

bensurdi said:
Last night our van was broken into- took the rotovac 360, took the wand, took the upholstery tool and I have nothing... nothing to clean carpets with. This may be a lot to ask but im hoping my fellow Carpet Cleaners can come together to help me, I need a wand so that I can keep my business going-

Anyone who can donate a good wand will be considered a blessing for us. Thank you-

five short months ago (Nov 20) you couldn't afford $500 for a new wand and were asking for hand outs.
Now you're a hi-roller and claim,

"About 90% of our clients go with the Always clean package which gives us a average ticket price of around $800.00 with no questions asked. "

My other curiosity besides the percentage of your marketing budget is..

when do you plan to start selling your marketing program on the boards?

..L.T.A.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
No I'm Sorry Walt. The reason I was calling you a few months ago was because my father in-law was in need of having carpet cleaning done at his office location. Have you ever heard of a company called Weiden & Kennedy? The company that makes all of the commercials and marketing for the largest companies in the world?

if they need some carpet cleaning done feel free to call me, I refinished some cork floor and walls in there about 12 years ago

my brother worked in the printing industry in Arizona a few months ago but lost his job and house so he moved back up here to Oregon, they got any openings

Name
I'm Rick James
bensurdi said:
Today i received this email from some low class cleaner in my area apparently...

Must be a real class act! What do you think?

"seen you on the cleaning boards and your pricing we are right in Smokey Point not far from you and just wanted to check you out so we shopped you with friends in lake Stevens, most I can say is you tell some very tall tails on the internet. it's a small world have a phenomenal day"

Did you ever find out the name of the company. I got a call the other day. Sounded more like a local cleaner than a customer. I know alot of local cleaners, just curious if I know the person.

Thanks

roro

Name
Ross Craig
I am neutral but took a look at his website as he seemed to be a sharp marketeer and one can always learn.

http://nwgreenclean.com/welcome-presidents-message/

Interesting comments about being founder /generations of carpet cleaners etc.
Either he has been in business for longer than a year or he is a tad economical with the truth. :shock:

roro

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
My uncle John has been in the carpet cleaning industry for 25 years. My dad was a carpet cleaner for 24 years until he retired the company and I grew up cleaning carpet from the age of 12 as a lot of us did!

I started my own company in 2008. It's now operated by our family, hense the 30 years of experience.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Brent said:
bensurdi said:
Today i received this email from some low class cleaner in my area apparently...

Must be a real class act! What do you think?

"seen you on the cleaning boards and your pricing we are right in Smokey Point not far from you and just wanted to check you out so we shopped you with friends in lake Stevens, most I can say is you tell some very tall tails on the internet. it's a small world have a phenomenal day"

Did you ever find out the name of the company. I got a call the other day. Sounded more like a local cleaner than a customer. I know alot of local cleaners, just curious if I know the person.

Thanks

Hey Brent, i owe you a dinner or a few beers by the way. CALL ME ;)

I never did find out who it was... not to worried about it at this point. I'm just continuing on like I always do, could care less if someone things i dont make what I do.... They don't have the view that I have from my front porch ;)

G

Mikey P said:
Foster is the new Kevin Price.
If Foster woke up as me Mike,he would be sending pictures for you to j--k off to.And I believe you make the money you do,hell Coit probably charges 55 cents in your area,not hard to beat the quality,but it is all relative,as you live in an area 10 times more expensive than Mcfly in his bus,so you have to.

MrE

You guys have Ben here too? He is so full of crap you can see his eyes turn brown when he speaks. I am throwing a Ben Surdi skull keg party so come on over and drink beer from his empty head. F U Ben!

rhyde

Name
rhyde
bensurdi said:

He's the president.

The president is Dan Wieden and it's Wieden+Kennedy NOT Wieden & Kennedy but you know that since your his son & law somewhat amus

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom