I know, I know another newbie post

Kay Dee

Name
Kay Dee
Hi y'all, young rug newbie here. I have never posted on any forum before, but I really need some advice and from the threads, y'all seem nice, so here it goes. If there is a similar post here with the info I need, I apologize.

I recently made the decision to start a rug cleaning business. The only practical experience I have with actual rug cleaning is 3 months working a flex job back in college and there were no machines, just brushes and squeegees!!

But now, I am fully ready to delve in after doing a lot of research on competition, location, business operations etc. The part I am missing is technical knowledge like: for a startup what is the best equipment to have to begin with? Which specific equipments should I be getting - what kind of rotary scrubber, which rotary brushes to keep handy, what shampoos/detergents are a must have to begin etc. I really need a mentor and I am even willing to pay for the value it brings - I already took the RCT course and did not feel like I got much value out of it.

Any help is deeply appreciated!

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Welcome!

This is a great place, full of helpful people, including some experienced and thoughtful rug cleaners.

One great resource would be my friend, and co-instructor in textile cleaning, Lisa Wagner. Here is a site where she shares a great deal of rug cleaning information:

I also do a measure of consulting in rug cleaning, and you can feel free to contact me with a DM whenever you like.

This is an organization of rug cleaners that you will eventually want to join:

Where are you in Virginia? I know of an in plant company that is very helpful and happy to help those new in the business that might not be far from you as well.

Kay Dee

Name
Kay Dee
Welcome!

This is a great place, full of helpful people, including some experienced and thoughtful rug cleaners.

One great resource would be my friend, and co-instructor in textile cleaning, Lisa Wagner. Here is a site where she shares a great deal of rug cleaning information:

I also do a measure of consulting in rug cleaning, and you can feel free to contact me with a DM whenever you like.

This is an organization of rug cleaners that you will eventually want to join:

Where are you in Virginia? I know of an in plant company that is very helpful and happy to help those new in the business that might not be far from you as well.
Really appreciate this!! I've read the Lisa Wagner post, very insightful! I'll be sliding into your DM soon, no worries lol

Winchester, VA! Where is the plant located? might know them. There are only about 2 rugs shops I know in a wide radius.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Really appreciate this!! I've read the Lisa Wagner post, very insightful! I'll be sliding into your DM soon, no worries lol

Winchester, VA! Where is the plant located? might know them. There are only about 2 rugs shops I know in a wide radius.

You might overlap in competitive territory, so let me get in touch with them first.

I visit your area a few times a year, I'll be happy to stop by and give you some pointers.

Ramacciotti

Name
Eric
Kay,

I am outside of Hagerstown, MD in Big Pool, MD. If you feel like taking a 45 minute drive I can show you my shop and how I clean rugs. I only clean part time, for the past 24 years, and most of my clients are not in the Hagerstown area. I used to do some work down there with draperies and Corrigan was a large operation. Are they still there? Let me know, I'll be glad to help.

Eric
301-573-2528

Kay Dee

Name
Kay Dee
You might overlap in competitive territory, so let me get in touch with them first.

I visit your area a few times a year, I'll be happy to stop by and give you some pointers.
Sounds great! You're always welcome man.

Kay Dee

Name
Kay Dee
Kay,

I am outside of Hagerstown, MD in Big Pool, MD. If you feel like taking a 45 minute drive I can show you my shop and how I clean rugs. I only clean part time, for the past 24 years, and most of my clients are not in the Hagerstown area. I used to do some work down there with draperies and Corrigan was a large operation. Are they still there? Let me know, I'll be glad to help.

Eric
301-573-2528
This is awesome! I will definitely take you up on this offer! And yes, Denny and the crew at Corrigan are still going strong.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom